Advice On Sirius Purchase

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Hello guys from snowy Rockford IL... Me and my wife are about to make the plunge into satellite radio... We are going with Sirius since we already have it on Dish... I am sight inpaired so I am looking for a rcvr that is easy for somebody with low vision to navagate... I really like the S50, but have heard that it has a few software bugs... I like the fact it announces what channel you are on... What are some options that I can take advantage of... I have a Dodge Stratus 2003 model year and I am looking for something that will also look nice... Any input would be very helpful... Thanks for any help in advance:) . CC

If you are looking for something that can announce channel names I would also recommend the Stiletto. It is also good if you would like a truely portable Sirius radio. The S50 only can play recorded content when portable.

I would definately recommend the Stiletto to you, based on what you said. It announces the channels and has a nice little wheel that lets you go from channel to channel. Also, it does have about a gig for music and you can have planned recordings on it.