Aim Or Skew Off?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheThinMan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
Hi! I am adding another fixed 6ft dish to the farm, so I can get the Luken channels on 87W.

Just got it installed today and only had about an hour to try to tune it before the sun went down. I am using a GeoSat pro dual LNB and used both the GeoSat Micro HD & X2 Premium HD receivers.

When I blind scan, the following channels lock in on 04149 H 06850 (KUKC-TV, Westar MC Backup, WUMN-TV). That's the only 3 channels that scan in and the only transponder I get anything on. Does it sound like I am not dead on the satellite or is my skew messed up?

Thanks for any help.

You are on 87w with those channels, the problem is that it typically needs a dish larger than 6ft to get the Luken channels and keep them locked.

Luken is dvb-s2, 8psk 5/6 Fec. That's a hard one to lock without a lot of signal quality.

Your dish is too small, they can be finicky on a 10 foot dish.
Go Bigger :)

Could be either, skew or aim, or could be you need a bigger dish. Although they did turn up the power on the TP, it is still a tough one for many. I could only occasionally, very rarely actually, get it until they turned up the power. Some times it's MIA yet.

I am having trouble locking the luken channels on 87w too. 7.5 ft dish. My dish is perfectly tuned to pick up the cbs fec:9/10 on 89 though. the luken mux strength varies over the course of the day i noticed.

Thanks for the help. I used to get the lukens on 87 back when MeTV was there, on a 6ft. Hope I can again on this dish . The other stationary 6ft is pointed at 101/99 now.

Have an 8 footer on the way and combined with the soon to be released C2W-PLL, that should take care of things.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)