Aim Or Skew Off?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

TheThinMan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2005
Hi! I am adding another fixed 6ft dish to the farm, so I can get the Luken channels on 87W.

Just got it installed today and only had about an hour to try to tune it before the sun went down. I am using a GeoSat pro dual LNB and used both the GeoSat Micro HD & X2 Premium HD receivers.

When I blind scan, the following channels lock in on 04149 H 06850 (KUKC-TV, Westar MC Backup, WUMN-TV). That's the only 3 channels that scan in and the only transponder I get anything on. Does it sound like I am not dead on the satellite or is my skew messed up?

Thanks for any help.

You are on 87w with those channels, the problem is that it typically needs a dish larger than 6ft to get the Luken channels and keep them locked.

Luken is dvb-s2, 8psk 5/6 Fec. That's a hard one to lock without a lot of signal quality.

Your dish is too small, they can be finicky on a 10 foot dish.
Go Bigger :)

Could be either, skew or aim, or could be you need a bigger dish. Although they did turn up the power on the TP, it is still a tough one for many. I could only occasionally, very rarely actually, get it until they turned up the power. Some times it's MIA yet.

I am having trouble locking the luken channels on 87w too. 7.5 ft dish. My dish is perfectly tuned to pick up the cbs fec:9/10 on 89 though. the luken mux strength varies over the course of the day i noticed.

Thanks for the help. I used to get the lukens on 87 back when MeTV was there, on a 6ft. Hope I can again on this dish . The other stationary 6ft is pointed at 101/99 now.

Have an 8 footer on the way and combined with the soon to be released C2W-PLL, that should take care of things.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts