Air or Air 2

But since I have a $500 budget (I won a Research Award, and thus now have money to spend), I could get all but the 64Gb models of the Air.

If your eyes can live with the smaller size of the Mini screen, then I would definitely go with Mini 3 having that budget! You get Touch ID plus 64 GB and greater portability!

If you don't need the the Touch ID then save yourself money and get the iPad Mini 2. Other than Touch ID the specs are the same as the iPad Mini 2. I dont even believe the iPad Mini 3 supports Apple Pay. (No mention on the Apple Website of it... https://www.apple.com/ipad-mini-3/)

The issue is about storage, and the fact of muscle memory in terms of constantly using touch id for more than a year with my iPhone, and trying to touch id the iPad all the time. Leaning towards iPad Mini 3 64GB. As someone just pointed out, it was an award, and I have free money. Free money. :)

After mulling out all of different options, I went for the 64GB iPad mini 3, gold. Although the gold is silly - as it will be in a smart case, and never will see the back of the device.

When the comparison is made between the cost of the 64GB mini 2 from third-party vendors and the iPad mini 3, the price gap disappears, and I would say without a doubt that the touch ID is worth an additional $30.

Having fun setting it up as a new iPad, and only installing the apps I really want for now, and getting used to the new screen size. so far, I like it a lot. And since this was award money, I did not pay a penny. :)

I must say, the size of the mini is much "bigger" than my first venture into the world of tablets, the old first generation samsung galaxy tab. That thing was small, this feels like an almost full-sized tablet. Pretty happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts