Air Pods: are they worth it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
To follow up with this, I just got off Apple's online support chat and they are mailing me a replacement right AirPod. It was a very simple process and with the only hiccup being me mistaking two 8s in my serial number for Bs since the text on the inside of the charging case is so small.

They did put a $75 hold on my credit card in case I don't send back the defective AirPod when I receive my replacement and the return box. All in all it was a pretty smooth process and it beats making the drive to Apple Store.

I already received the replacement AirPod just one day after I requested it. Now I'm worried the problem might actually be with my charging case though. Yesterday, I removed the faulty right AirPod that won't charge and charged the case. I haven't put the defective AirPod back in yet and the working, left AirPod was fully charged yesterday.

When I went to put the replacement AirPod I received today in the charging case I noticed that the charging case was only at 14%. There is no way it should have been that low considering I just charged it yesterday and only the fully charged left AirPod has been put in the case since.

The replacement AirPod was at 74% when I received it. I put it in the charging case and now both AirPods show at 100% so at least I know this one charges when the old one wouldn't. The charging case is currently at 9%. We'll see what happens after a full charge but I'm really hoping I won't have to have the charging case replaced too.

I already received the replacement AirPod just one day after I requested it. Now I'm worried the problem might actually be with my charging case though. Yesterday, I removed the faulty right AirPod that won't charge and charged the case. I haven't put the defective AirPod back in yet and the working, left AirPod was fully charged yesterday.

When I went to put the replacement AirPod I received today in the charging case I noticed that the charging case was only at 14%. There is no way it should have been that low considering I just charged it yesterday and only the fully charged left AirPod has been put in the case since.

The replacement AirPod was at 74% when I received it. I put it in the charging case and now both AirPods show at 100% so at least I know this one charges when the old one wouldn't. The charging case is currently at 9%. We'll see what happens after a full charge but I'm really hoping I won't have to have the charging case replaced too.

Yech... and the charger wasn't subject to any "water" experiences I trust? If so, they should replace it for you. I had a "mishap" (my wife washed my pants without checking to see what was in the pockets, and she killed my charger. The pods were fine but the charger died a premature death.

Yech... and the charger wasn't subject to any "water" experiences I trust? If so, they should replace it for you. I had a "mishap" (my wife washed my pants without checking to see what was in the pockets, and she killed my charger. The pods were fine but the charger died a premature death.

No but I charged the case again last night and everything seems normal today with both the case and the AirPods. I'm still not sure what could have happened yesterday to drain the battery overnight with no use. Maybe the cable wasn't tight when I thought it was charging.

No but I charged the case again last night and everything seems normal today with both the case and the AirPods. I'm still not sure what could have happened yesterday to drain the battery overnight with no use. Maybe the cable wasn't tight when I thought it was charging.
that is certainly possible. Hopefully it will all work out!

Reactions: Foxbat and king3pj
Does anyone have the new AirPods ? Wondering if it’s worth getting the wireless charging case with them or the regular case with them instead?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The wireless charging case is available separately, BTW.
Buy Wireless Charging Case for AirPods
Fun Fact: I bought the wireless charging case for my son for Christmas (he got his AirPods as a special deal with his MacBook purchase at the start of the school year) and I placed the unopened case on my Anker Qi charger. The charger indicated it was charging the wireless case even through the packaging. So it should be at 100% when he opens it up Christmas Day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)