AirPod Pro.

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
All I have to say is that they are fantastic!

I had horrible luck with the original AirPods because they kept falling off, but with the Pros they are way better, they stay in the ear.

The Noise cancelling is superb, the transparency mode is solid.

I’m sure in few months these will drop to $200.
Maybe for Black Friday they will be discounted.

AppleCare is a must.

Im hesitant to spend that on wireless earbuds. I bought a cheap pair a month ago on a amazon lightning deal. Nothing special, but for what I paid they did enough.

Lost one in the first week. lol

Been using Air Pods since they came out. Good quality and while the hear through feature might be desirable, I don't like the larger case. I have a good system now for carrying my airpods and iphone. The Airpods Pro's case won't fit in the leather belt pouch I like.
P1020896.jpg

How do you all carry your airpods when not using them?

Considering I have been using a $25 pair of Sony in-Ear headphones from 2005 which have finally given up the ghost (they won't stay in my ear anymore) I find the idea of the AirPods Pro intriguing but rather expensive to try out. I guess the only good point would be "the Apple take it back for any reason in 14 days" return policy if I didn't like the sound or the fitment.

I read they have an expects lifespan of only 18 months. That deters me from trying them.

Sent from my iPad3 using the SatelliteGuys app! Only because can't get Tapatalk to work on such an old device. I'll shift to Chrome on this, too, eventually.

My AirPods had a life expectancy of 1 day since I forgot that they were in my pocket and washed them. 18 months is pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: Skytrooper
Used my Apple AirPodsPro on my flight to Germany. Was impressed with the noise cancelling. Worked great. But after a few hours my ears felt a bit sore. I swapped to my Bose QC20 Noise cancelling in-ear buds for a change. Both headphones work about the same with noise cancelling. The key with the APP is making sure I turn the ear bud a bit, to get a good seal. But really for airplane jet noise, I was pretty pleased.

Finally picked some pros up. Had to do a reset. Could not get them to work with phone calls (evidently happens a lot). All fine now. Really comfortable and the different noise modes are nice.

S~

Used my Apple AirPodsPro on my flight to Germany. Was impressed with the noise cancelling. Worked great. But after a few hours my ears felt a bit sore. I swapped to my Bose QC20 Noise cancelling in-ear buds for a change. Both headphones work about the same with noise cancelling. The key with the APP is making sure I turn the ear bud a bit, to get a good seal. But really for airplane jet noise, I was pretty pleased.

So you still like the pros?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

So you still like the pros?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Yes. I use them every time I mow the lawn. They are pretty effective and that mower is pretty loud.

I use my normal AirPods for when I ride my bike (I listen to audiobooks). I could use the pro's in transparent mode, but I feel like the originals fit better for exercise.

So I finally purchased the AirPod pros . I was tired of buying cheap knock offs and what did it for me was listening to my brothers pros at his house and I was so blown away at how great they sounded . I have the amazon ones but I can only wear those for so long and sound isn’t as good as the AirPod pros . Waiting for them to arrive in the mail this week.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Reactions: Foxbat
So I finally purchased the AirPod pros . I was tired of buying cheap knock offs and what did it for me was listening to my brothers pros at his house and I was so blown away at how great they sounded . I have the amazon ones but I can only wear those for so long and sound isn’t as good as the AirPod pros . Waiting for them to arrive in the mail this week.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

They really are great. I used them on my flight to Germany in February. Worked as good as my Bose QC30s. (I did have a pair of Bose with me in case they didn't work, but it wasn't necessary).

I use them whenever I mow the lawn.

I’ve read an 18 month expected life. I’ll pass

Yep- Finally my AP's wouldn't hold a charge and the left one only lasted for less than a minute. Decided to try the AP Pro's. Amazon Prime had a good deal. Performance is really great. It's a snug fit but the case still fits in my leather belt case. If these don't last more than 18 months, I will give up or only buy again if they come way down in price. (under $40 seems fair)

I wish they came in various flesh tone colors.

Reactions: navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)