Ajak H-H motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Desertnight

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2009
Up in the sky, out of the way
I am wondering if there is any interest from anyone about buying Ajak H-Hs.

I have an opportunity to get my hands on two or three of them and want to decide if it is worth my time, trouble, and money in getting these Ajaks.

If so, I would probably list them on eBay or wherever, whatever.

I have to check out the condition of the H-Hs, of course. I do know they have not been used for several years.

:)

I would be interested in the top of the line model (H180) as a spare for one I already have if the price and condition are right. I'm in Denver and it's not too surprising they are fairly common in this area as the company was based here. But I've passed on a few so far because I didn't want to deal with the dilapidated dishes that they came with.

Thanks for your interest, Pendragon and Linuxman. :up

I'll update the information on the condition of the Ajaks early next week after I go to town and pick them up. I live 50 miles away from there.

I have one.
Wasn't thinking of a use for another, but if it was available, I would consider it.
Thanks.

Brotherhood, I would say that these HHswould easily handle the 6 ft offset. These HHs came from the larger dishes.

All interested parties could PM me and let me know what you would be willing to buy one for. This would let me determine what a fair price would be.

The company made at least three models.
You should post some pictures.
This'll confirm the model, and show what sort of adapter or mount it has.
I've seen 'em adapted to various dishes, apparently by AJAK, and there are many custom hardware variants.
Two that come to mind, include a two-part stamped metal bracket to hold the motor to the pole, versus a casting to do the same.

Ajak H-H pictures

Attached are pictures of the H-H's. One of the motors has a 3-1/2" (approx.) clamp type mount and the other has a 4-1/2" (approx.) clamp type mount.

I am going to go ahead and list these two Ajaks on eBay. That seems to be a fair way and safer way for both you and me. The motor and mount for each will have to be packaged separately if I am able to use USPS. Each Ajak weighs a little over 70 pounds, more than what USPS allows, so therefore, I would have to ship two boxes to keep under the weight limit. Otherwise, I would have to ship freight which may entail making a 100 mile round trip to ship these off.

Let me know what ya'll think.:)

Attachments

• Ajak H-H 3 mount -- 2.jpg
    Ajak H-H 3 mount -- 2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 363
  • Ajak H-H 3 mount -- 6.jpg
    Ajak H-H 3 mount -- 6.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 345
  • Ajak 4 motor mount -- 2.jpg
    Ajak 4 motor mount -- 2.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Ajak 4 motor mount -- 4.jpg
    Ajak 4 motor mount -- 4.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 324
Ajak H-H for sale.

I will be listing one of the Ajak motors (I ended up with two) on eBay tomorrow. Just search "Ajak motor C-band, FTA, satellite dish" and you should come across it. I'm also offering with the motor, buyer's choice of either 3---3-1/2 inch mounting bracket or a 4-inch mounting bracket or no bracket at all. Shipping with either bracket will be handled by UPS. A choice of no bracket will cause the package to be shipped by USPS.

Just thought I would let ya'll know.

:):)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Latest posts