AL Central Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm always up for a Tigers game. I try to get to as many as possible especially if Verlander is pitching. You never know when that next no hitter is coming.

Just watching a few innings of the Tigers on ESPN during my lunch break. Cabrera just got hit right under his eye by a nasty hop on a ball that was smoked by Hunter Pence. The trainers ran out and gave him a towel to cover it but blood was gushing from his face pretty bad. He had sunglasses on so lets hope it was just a cut from the ball hitting the glasses and not serious damage to his eye or face. I'm sure you guys will see this one on sports center over and over for the next few days. He did walk off him by himself and seemed ok.

Just watching a few innings of the Tigers on ESPN during my lunch break. Cabrera just got hit right under his eye by a nasty hop on a ball that was smoked by Hunter Pence. The trainers ran out and gave him a towel to cover it but blood was gushing from his face pretty bad. He had sunglasses on so lets hope it was just a cut from the ball hitting the glasses and not serious damage to his eye or face. I'm sure you guys will see this one on sports center over and over for the next few days. He did walk off him by himself and seemed ok.

Apparently all that childhood advice about keeping your eye on the ball doesn't work well in the big leagues. :boink:

Seriously, I'm sure he's fine...just a major shiner for the next week or so. As much as I don't want Inge in the lineup on a daily basis, we sure don't need our star offensive player taking baseball facials on 3B. Here is the story: Miguel Cabrera of Detroit Tigers takes hard grounder to face - ESPN

I'm watching the game now and did see the play...

Damn cameras never showed the play from the batters box so you could see the play in front of him.

I heard about it earlier, has any one got a report this evening ?

From most of the players response, the cut appeared to come from the glasses.

Can you even get tickets when he's pitching ?

Yeah you just have to buy them 5 or 6 days in advance. I'm thinking it might be a little harder this year though at least at the beginning of the season and down the stretch if their is a tight race for the playoffs. Verlander and Cabrera were already serious ticket sellers but everyone is really excited about Fielder around here. The Tigers had great attendance numbers last season but I'm expecting record ticket sales this year.

I'm watching the game now and did see the play...

Damn cameras never showed the play from the batters box so you could see the play in front of him.

I heard about it earlier, has any one got a report this evening ?

From most of the players response, the cut appeared to come from the glasses.

I haven't heard any update except that he needed stitches for the cut from his glasses. They said the sunglasses might have actually saved him from a more serious injury to his eye by absorbing some of the hit. He was also having precautionary x-rays done but they didn't think it was anything more than the stitches at the time. This was around 5:00pm.

For anyone interested, the Tigers play at 1:05 on ESPN again today against the Braves. Verlander is pitching and I'm sure they will give us a pretty good update on Cabrera.

I wonder if this event is going to have an impact on Caberra's fielding?

I doubt this will effect his fielding, once he gets back to practicing some he'll be fine.

It would be worse getting hit in the batters box I think.

Seeing you have to watch the pitched ball come at you every day, I think this will help in the getting over this instance.
Also, next time he is out there fielding, it will be on a better field.

FS Detroit has their first Tigers game of the spring today at 1:05 vs the Twins. Oliver is pitching. It should be a good one to watch because Oliver looks to be the front runner for the 5th spot in the rotation up to this point. They will probably have several of the players on for a half inning for interviews too.

Interesting ... the Tigers open on a Thursday to start the season (as do others), instead of the Traditional Monday and since, Sunday night for ESPN.

They did this last year too...so the season ends on a Wednesday and the playoffs can start Thursday

Twins demote Nishioka to the minors

Like they say on the news "the worst free agent signing the Twins have done" and thats saying a lot.

Interesting. They are doing a joint broadcast with FS North today. It's Rod and Mario as usual with one of the FS North announcers today. The game is being shown on both channels.

Local papers here are saying cabrera is lucky he was wearing sunglasses when he got hit

Good news for Tigers fans, Miguel Cabrera has been cleared to resume playing and will be ready for Opening Day.

Leyland said he'd probably give him a few more days off after being cleared ... (not sure why exactly).

Hopefully he gets his swing going again in the last week before the season starts for them.
He was hitting like .440 when he went down.

riffjim4069 said:
As I recall, we had three active Twins posters but they didn't have much to say last year. The Twins should be healthy and competitive this season.

I was here and took my beating as a Twins fan last year. ;)

I do expect the Twins to move back into contention this year. Morneau's health and consistent starting pitching will be keys for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts