AL Central Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew it all the time :). What a crazy season, I didn't think it would happen with there play

Nice touch by the manager to address the fans that may have not had the $$$ to go to the games this year but still supported the team. He drives me crazy, but he's a good guy :)

I found this interesting, all those that are saying Trout is SOOOOO much better than Cabrera ....

Look at some of the Offensive stats ... fwiw, just because your fast, doesn't make you an MVP.

Cabrera 44 HR's Trout 30
Cabrera 137 RBI Trout 80
Cabrera .329 BA Trout .323
Cabrera 4 SB Trout 48
Cabrera 40 2B's Trout 26
Cabrera 203 Hits Trout 177
Cabrera 97K Trout 136
Cabrera 375 TB Trout 307

Cabrera also leads in OBP, Slugging and OPS
Cabrera is actually over 1000 in OPS
Intentional walks goes to Cabrera 17-5

Stop it with your facts Jimbo. Don't you know these stats are all meaningless since the media is pushing WAR as the only stat that matters. :rolleyes: The bottom line, to me and 90% of baseball fans, is that Cabrera is about to do something no major league baseball player has done in 45-years.

With two games left if the playoffs were to begin today, Baltimore or Oakland would play New York and Detroit would play Texas. However, it is still possible that Baltimore and Oakland may win their respective divisions. Double-Yikes! Anyway, I would much rather play Baltimore or New Yorkfor the opening round since we don't match-up as well against Texas. We shall see.

I found this interesting, all those that are saying Trout is SOOOOO much better than Cabrera ....

Look at some of the Offensive stats ... fwiw, just because your fast, doesn't make you an MVP.

Cabrera 44 HR's Trout 30
Cabrera 137 RBI Trout 80
Cabrera 4 SB Trout 48
Cabrera 40 2B's Trout 26
Cabrera 97K Trout 136
Cabrera 375 TB Trout 307

Also remember, the award isn't MVH(itter). It's MVP(layer). That includes defense. And while Cabrera has been an average 3B this year, Trout has had one one of best defensive years in recent history. Not saying that that makes him the definite choice, but it does make it a race.

Cabrera 44 HR's Trout 30
Cabrera 137 RBI Trout 80
Cabrera 4 SB Trout 48
Cabrera 40 2B's Trout 26
Cabrera 97K Trout 136
Cabrera 375 TB Trout 307

While I think Cabrera will and should win the MVP, it's not fair to compare RBI's since Trout is a leadoff hitter. And 80 RBI's is damn good for a leadoff hitter! Also, what manager in his right mind, would intentionally put Trout on base?

Again IMO, Cabrera will win the MVP. Anytime you win the coveted Triple Crown, you should. But what Trout has done this season is also VERY special, and he at least deserves consideration.

Perhaps even more impressive than a potential Triple Crown, few players have had offensive number like Cabrera produced this season:

Single Season in MLB History:
2012 Miguel Cabrera - Detroit Tigers 203 Hits, 44 HR, 137 RBI and 40 Doubles
1934 Lou Gehrig - New York Yankees 210 Hits, 49 HR, 165 RBI and 40 Doubles
1927 Lou Gehrig - New York Yankees 218 Hits, 47 HR, 175 RBI and 52 Doubles
1921 Babe Ruth - New York Yankees 204 Hits, 59 HR, 179 RBI and 44 Doubles

Last edited:
KC vs DET (8:10 PM ET):
Detroit: Fister (10-9, 3.38 ERA)
Kansas City: Guthrie (4-3, 3.18 ERA)

I hope Doug Fister closes out his season with a solid outing. There is no way we're playing in the ALCS without Verlander, Scherzer and Fister throwing well.

Stop it with your facts Jimbo. Don't you know these stats are all meaningless since the media is pushing WAR as the only stat that matters. :rolleyes: The bottom line, to me and 90% of baseball fans, is that Cabrera is about to do something no major league baseball player has done in 45-years.

According to most, thats NOT enough.:rolleyes:

Since when does winning a Triple Crown meaningless ?

I bet if it was Hamilton thats winning the TC, it would be a BIG deal.

Also remember, the award isn't MVH(itter). It's MVP(layer). That includes defense. And while Cabrera has been an average 3B this year, Trout has had one one of best defensive years in recent history. Not saying that that makes him the definite choice, but it does make it a race.

Ya know, before the WAR what ever that is, came around, the REAL stats meant something.

Cabrera just doesn't get the respect he deserves.
This is nothing new for him to have seasons like this, therefore people expect it and Carbrera will NEVER win the MVP if his normal stats are not good enough.

He should have won it last year, but no, they gave it to Hamilton, Every year Cabrera puts up monster numbers and they find a Good STORY to give it to instead.

While I think Cabrera will and should win the MVP, it's not fair to compare RBI's since Trout is a leadoff hitter. And 80 RBI's is damn good for a leadoff hitter! Also, what manager in his right mind, would intentionally put Trout on base?

Again IMO, Cabrera will win the MVP. Anytime you win the coveted Triple Crown, you should. But what Trout has done this season is also VERY special, and he at least deserves consideration.

Only problem is most of the people that are reporting about it are giving Cabrera "Consideration" and that Trout winning is a forgone conclusion.

I also don't think it's fair to compare players defensively if they play different areas of the field, one outfield vs one in the infield.

Jimbo said:
Ya know, before the WAR what ever that is, came around, the REAL stats meant something.

Cabrera just doesn't get the respect he deserves.
This is nothing new for him to have seasons like this, therefore people expect it and Carbrera will NEVER win the MVP if his normal stats are not good enough.

He should have won it last year, but no, they gave it to Hamilton, Every year Cabrera puts up monster numbers and they find a Good STORY to give it to instead.

Actually Verlander won the MVP last year not Hamilton. He was the first pitcher to win it since Clemons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)