AL Central Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miggy is really making a push for the Triple Crown - hoping he can hit another out in later innings. On another note, the newspapers really shredded the Tigers this morning.

Big story is will leyland get a another contract. I hope not, he had his run time for a change they underachieved this year

satjay said:
Big story is will leyland get a another contract. I hope not, he had his run time for a change they underachieved this year

I have been a Leyland defender in the past but I agree. If they don't make some amazing run and make the playoffs it's time for him to go.

Sparkman said:
Yes Sir! Now a 3 game lead. Wimpy broadcast 8 Sox games this year and the Sox went 7-1. Bring him back!

Chi Sox should hire Wimpy in some aspect of broadcasting, either as 3rd man in the booth, alternating between TV and radio, or hosting pre or post game shows. Hawk, Stony & Wimpy. Sounds good eh? Sure would be interesting.

I have been a Leyland defender in the past but I agree. If they don't make some amazing run and make the playoffs it's time for him to go.

I agree...we need someone who will crack-the-whip from time to time. We won the 12-2 games, but lost a ton or 3-2 and 2-1 games this season.

Chi Sox should hire Wimpy in some aspect of broadcasting, either as 3rd man in the booth, alternating between TV and radio, or hosting pre or post game shows. Hawk, Stony & Wimpy. Sounds good eh? Sure would be interesting.

Would be great, but don't think Wimpy wants to get back into it F/T. Would like to see if they could find some kind of role for him. They could get rid of DJ on the radio, too.

Both teams win tonight, lead still 3. KC has been a tuff place for the Sox to win, hopefully they can get 1 or 2 more there.

Miggy is really making a push for the Triple Crown - hoping he can hit another out in later innings. On another note, the newspapers really shredded the Tigers this morning.

The newspaper where ?
Miggy should be the MVP as well, he keeps coming up clutch as he has done thruout his career, but I can see them giving it to the rookie on the west coast instead.

You'd like to think proving yourself over time would have some influence, but maybe not.

Same here, but it may be time for him to head home ...

I've always liked him, but can't stand his constant lineup changes, he thinks it's more important to rest players than let the team have some consistency ...
I think that may have a big part of why they haven't gotten on a roll this year.

IF he does leave, I hope they can get someone like Scioscia from the Angels, someone that has a proven record.

Okay, since I have read the newspapers in years...a number of online news sources. ESPN was very critical of the team in recent articles.

If Cabrera wins the Triple Crown there is no way they can't give him the MVP.

Okay, since I have read the newspapers in years...a number of online news sources. ESPN was very critical of the team in recent articles.

If Cabrera wins the Triple Crown there is no way they can't give him the MVP.

The Tigers deserve to be criticized with the way they have played ... that said, it's espn and the yanks and Red Sox aren't the top teams this year, they don't know where to look.

Sparkman said:
Would be great, but don't think Wimpy wants to get back into it F/T. Would like to see if they could find some kind of role for him. They could get rid of DJ on the radio, too.

I find the radio side rather bland. Hey, jimmy Piersall still kicking, he could turn it up a notch.

The Tigers deserve to be criticized with the way they have played ... that said, it's espn and the yanks and Red Sox aren't the top teams this year, they don't know where to look.

Here's an article I found that Tigers fans might find interesting:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/inde...thing-about-the-somewhat-unsurprising-tigers/

I think the telling stat about the Tigers is that they are 28th in letting allowing unearned runs. Not only making errors, but letting those errors hurt them. The other thing I just saw is that they have lost 10 straight 1 run games. If they don't make a comeback, those 2 things will be major reasons why.

Tigers are up and threatening in the 3rd. Too bad JV has already thrown 66 pitches through 3-innings - don't see him going more than 7 tonight.

Elsewhere, ESPN asks, "Should Jim Leyland get the heave-ho if the Tigers fail to advance to the postseason?:

They will win a few in a row to tease us like they have this season, would be nice iif I could eat my words but I don't think it's going to happen :(

Though I am a gluten for punishment, and watching the sox/royals game on the MLBtv

Last edited:
satjay said:
They will win a few in a row to tease us like they have this season, would be nice iif I could eat my words but I don't think it's going to happen :(

Though I am a gluten for punishment, and watching the sox/royals game on the MLBtv

I'm also watching both games thanks to MLB.tv. Thankfully Bruce Chen just pitched his way out of a bases loaded no out jam to keep the 1-0 Lead for KC.

Same here...I just hope we can pitch 3-innings of relief and give JV a win.

You really should try gluten-free punishment...much better for ya. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.