AL EAST 2009

It is amazing how he has done NOTHING since Manny left.

Salsa, I used to think this myself, but NOW I think it's merely a coincidence. I'm starting to think if Manny were still here that we'd be seeing the same results from Papi.

Since Manny has left, Youkilis has put up MVP numbers hitting in the 4 hole behind Ortiz (although I concede Youk doesn't give pitchers the same sick feeling, when they see him in the on deck circle, that Manny did), and Ortiz has still floundered.

As a Red Sox fan this saddens me to no end. :(

No player, IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL, had more BIG hits than Papi did over a five year stretch (mid 2003- mid 2008).

When it is time for the big man to hang em up, I only hope that I am there to give him the biggest and loudest standing O that I've ever given ANY player.

Salsa, I used to think this myself, but NOW I think it's merely a coincidence. I'm starting to think if Manny were still here that we'd be seeing the same results from Papi.

Since Manny has left, Youkilis has put up MVP numbers hitting in the 4 hole behind Ortiz (although I concede Youk doesn't give pitchers the same sick feeling, when they see him in the on deck circle, that Manny did), and Ortiz has still floundered.

As a Red Sox fan this saddens me to no end. :(

No player, IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL, had more BIG hits than Papi did over a five year stretch (mid 2003- mid 2008).

When it is time for the big man to hang em up, I only hope that I am there to give him the biggest and loudest standing O that I've ever given ANY player.

Manny not being there isn't it. This guys just not hitting. He still has plenty of talent around him in the line-up, so the pitchers can't exactly pitch around him. If anything, he should be seeing plenty of strikes right now, because he isn't making very good contact anymore. This is a puzzler, and i hope he snaps out of it. Truly one of the good guys in baseball.

Who than?

I think the Prince would be a good fit for Fenway park. I could be wrong. Who would you like to see.( obviously I would prefer for Papi to turn it around and be at least 75% of the player he was before)

I'd rather give Lars Anderson or Chris Carter a shot.

It is amazing how he has done NOTHING since Manny left. I mean Jason Bay is having a GREAT year so far...and still nothing. There are ALL KINDS of rumors going around...the one that has the most juice is that Big Pappi will be out of the line-up COMPLETELY...and very soon, maybe as soon as Youkulis is back....to be used ONLY against right handed pitching as a pitch hitter.:(

Maybe he / they have been hiding an injury ...

Manny not being there isn't it. This guys just not hitting. He still has plenty of talent around him in the line-up, so the pitchers can't exactly pitch around him. If anything, he should be seeing plenty of strikes right now, because he isn't making very good contact anymore. This is a puzzler, and i hope he snaps out of it. Truly one of the good guys in baseball.

Maybe he needs contacts, not seeing the ball ?

Check out this interactive site I found that details some of Papi's struggles.

Look at his fly ball outs to the opposite field. I'm not a batting coach, but don't you think that indicates a problem with either timing or bat speed??

Boston.com - Boston Globe Infographics - Interactive

Memo to Theo: WE NEED A SHORTSTOP THAT CAN FIELD!!! :mad:

The Sox may have the best bullpen in baseball, but it means absolutely nada if you can't field behind them.

Either the Sox acquire a SS, or they're not going anywhere!

Check out this interactive site I found that details some of Papi's struggles.

Look at his fly ball outs to the opposite field. I'm not a batting coach, but don't you think that indicates a problem with either timing or bat speed??

Boston.com - Boston Globe Infographics - Interactive

A closer look shows he's only pulling the ball against the A's and yankee's.
Very few against the Angels.
Absolutely NOTHING pulled against the Rays.
Also he's only hit 1 ball 350 ft on the road.

This is amazing ....

Wonder what site it is that does this stuff, this is very interesting stuff.

The Sox may have the best bullpen in baseball, but it means absolutely nada if you can't field behind them.

How long before Nick is sent packing? He looked positively lost out there today, Bill.:rolleyes:

How long before Nick is sent packing? He looked positively lost out there today, Bill.:rolleyes:

KCK, wasn't that positively B-R-U-T-A-L!!?? :eek:

I appreciate the fact that Nick is a backup, and has come up with some big hits, BUT he can't catch a cold out there! And Lugo isn't much better defensively!

Jed Lowrie will probably be back around the ASB, but I'm not too sure that he's the answer.

The one thing that MOST teams are deficient in is middle relief/set up men. The Sox have a surplus there, so they might have to use that to get a SS that can field.

For all the talk about Papi (deservedly so, BTW), that's NOT the Sox biggest problem. With Youk coming back, I can live with Pedroia/Youk/Bay/Lowell/Papi/Drew.

BUT they MUST address the shortstop situation!

KCK, wasn't that positively B-R-U-T-A-L!!?? :eek:

!

Much as I have been boiling and seething over the Angels this weekend, I thought of you watching that game today. It was almost as brutal as watching the incredibly horrible umpiring at the Trop today against Cleveland.

This was a bad day, indeed!:mad:

As Dan Rather used to say..."Courage!"

BDD_NG_error_51809_ms.jpg

My Two Cents on Alex Ovechkin

OK....the kool-aid has worn off....BENCH JaMarcus Russell!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)