AL EAST 2009

Why are the Red Sox going to give starts to this 4 million year old man?

Typical over reaction by you. He pitched poorly in the first inning of his first start in a year, he was fine after that. I realize that you know more than Theo and if you were GM we would of won 5 straight world series trophies, but give the organization a break here and lets see a few more starts before jumping on this signing.

Are you and Vurbano ever satisfied with anything? Hell Sox have the bet record in the American League, and are probably the best team in baseball.

Nobody likes a cynic.

:up:up:upCompletely agree!

I agree,
Give him 4-5 starts and see where he stands.

Smoltz's line v. Yankees last night:

Code:
Pitchers IP  H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA 
J Smoltz 3.1 9 8  8  4  3  2 92-52 8.32

Season, to date:
Code:
SPLITS G GS CG SHO  IP   H  R  ER HR BB SO W L P/GS WHIP  BAA ERA 
Season 8  8  0   0  40.0 59 37 37  8  9 33 2 5 75.8 1.70 .343 8.33

Last edited:
Any more Indians you guy's want ?
No Sizemore is NOT included in the fire sale.

I just hope and pray that this brilliant talent does does not wallow away his prime years on mediocre Tribe teams. He deserves to be with a real winning organization. He must feel like sh*t being the only one left. (Pronk doesn't count anymore as I fear he will never be the same big bopper he used to be).

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4384253"]Sources: Waiver claim made on Alex Rios of Toronto Blue Jays - ESPN[/ame]

It is not yet known which team has been awarded the claim on Rios, but Rios might be on his way out of Toronto, one way or the other, because the Blue Jays may embrace the opportunity to shed his contract -- much in the same way they unexpectedly allowed the San Diego Padres to take reliever Randy Myers in a waiver claim more than a decade ago.

The 28-year-old Rios is batting .261 with 12 homers and 58 RBIs this season. He has never had an OPS higher than .865, and currently has an OPS of .728.

Rios is making $5.9 million this season, and he is set to earn salaries of $9.7 million in 2010, $12 million in 2011, $12 million in 2012, $12.5 million in 2013, and $12.5 million in 2014.

The Jays hold a club option on Rios of $13.5 million for 2015, with a $1 million buyout.

The Boston Red Sox have designated John Smoltz for assignment, one day after the right-hander was tagged for eight runs and nine hits in 3 1/3 innings in a 13-6 loss to the Yankees.

The announcement came from Terry Francona during the manager's pregame news conference Friday at Yankee Stadium, where Boston will play the second game of a four-game series.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4384410"]John Smoltz designated for assignment by Boston Red Sox - ESPN[/ame]

Through six and a half innings tonight, Burnett and Becket are ruining a lot of player's batting averages. The Red Sox are 1 for 19 (.053) while the Yankees are 3 for 20 (.150).

Pulling out all the stops...

Rivera now on to start the ninth in a 0-0 game. Does Papelbon pitch the bottom? And if so, how many scoreless innings will each be allowed to throw?

Some guy named Tazawa pitched the 14th inning for the Red Sox. They have now used seven relief pitchers. Since they have five starters, that would seem to account for twelve pitchers ( I think the guy who replaced Smoltz was added to the roster). That means that Tawawa must go the distance, or they will have to pitch tomorrow's starter tonight (uh, I mean this morning), and bring up a mionor leaguer to pitch the Saturday game.

Typical over reaction by you. He pitched poorly in the first inning of his first start in a year, he was fine after that. I realize that you know more than Theo and if you were GM we would of won 5 straight world series trophies, but give the organization a break here and lets see a few more starts before jumping on this signing.

Are you and Vurbano ever satisfied with anything? Hell Sox have the bet record in the American League, and are probably the best team in baseball.

Nobody likes a cynic.

At this point I don't think they will finish ahead on NY. Thats what happens when you trade the best hitter in baseball instead of your aging dinosaur and do next to nothing for your pitching needs. The Sox are no better than they were last year. :rolleyes:

Too bad that the Red Sox don't have someone like Manny Ramirez available as a defensive replacement in left. Or Mike Greenwell. Or Jim Rice.

This is about as big a fiasco as the time that Yaz filled in at third...

Ive changed by prediction. They will lose the wildcard to TB. Forget catching NY.

Sad to say and I certainly hope I'm wrong, but I have to agree.

There's just too many holes right now..........

Just trying to be real about it.

I see it as boston just became the NY Yankees shoe shine boys. To put it nicely. Right in front of the mets.

I did not see the game live, but after watching the replays and listening to much analysis...I do not believe Porcello intentionally hit Youk last night.
You must have missed Tazawa hitting Cabrera and Martinez having words with Porcello after having to jackknife away from an inside pitch. This happened earlier in the game. Also, there were a total of 3 HBP's the night before, Cabrera and Youk among them.

One thing for sure, Youk has to work on his takedown move....

Through six and a half innings tonight, Burnett and Becket are ruining a lot of player's batting averages. The Red Sox are 1 for 19 (.053) while the Yankees are 3 for 20 (.150).

And now, through six innings, Detroit is 1 for 19 (.053) against Beckett. If Beckett can pitch his final ten starts like his previous ten, he'll run away with the Cy Young award. Meanwhile, the Red Sox search for dependable 3-5 starters continues.

And now, through six innings, Detroit is 1 for 19 (.053) against Beckett. If Beckett can pitch his final ten starts like his previous ten, he'll run away with the Cy Young award. Meanwhile, the Red Sox search for dependable 3-5 starters continues.

From May 1 through the present, Beckett has been the best pitcher in all of baseball.

Unfortunately it's Beckett and Lester, and hope for the bestah! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)