AL East 2010

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Blown save #8 for Papelbon. Is that a Red Sox single season record? How many did Heathcliff Slocumb ever have in a single season.

This offseason, the Sox will either undertake the conversion of Papelbon to a starter or trade him. "Blown save waiting to happen." "Closer without an 'out' pitch".

My Prediction that Tampa Bay will win the east is looking good so far. As for Boston I'm glad they won't be in the post season. They've had more injuries then any other team this year. And I don't want them to win it every year. It's been a great year just the same.

My Prediction that Tampa Bay will win the east is looking good so far. As for Boston I'm glad they won't be in the post season. They've had more injuries then any other team this year. And I don't want them to win it every year. It's been a great year just the same.

Hmmm, lets see, they won the WS in what, '04 ?

Thats EVERY YEAR ?

Hmmm, lets see, they won the WS in what, '04 ?

Thats EVERY YEAR ?

O4 and 07. And when I say I don't want them to win every year that's true. It's better that way and better for baseball. I care more about teams that haven't been in the Series in a while.

O4 and 07. And when I say I don't want them to win every year that's true. It's better that way and better for baseball. I care more about teams that haven't been in the Series in a while.

Ok, sounded like Boston bias, but if it's not thats good .....

How do you feel when the yankees are in the playoffs EVERY YEAR ?

Ok, sounded like Boston bias, but if it's not thats good .....

How do you feel when the yankees are in the playoffs EVERY YEAR ?

That question should be asked to MLB. If this is what they want that's fine I guess. But the NFL is more popular for a reason.

Blown save #8 for Papelbon. Is that a Red Sox single season record? How many did Heathcliff Slocumb ever have in a single season....

Guess who just took over second place by himself in the blown saves category with seven. Clue: he isn't even a closer.

I was reading this morning that Jon Lester said he would really appreciate getting a few votes for the Cy Young award. Seemed like a reasonable hope just a few hours ago...

And another season of my beloved Red Sox has come to a screeching halt. :(

Cheer up Bill, ONLY 5 months to the annual Boston College-Red Sox in Fort Myers! :D

Green Fields of the Mind

"It breaks your heart.

It is designed to break your heart.

The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall alone.

You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.

Today, it stopped, and summer was gone."

- the late A. Bartlett Giamatti

...because almost EVERYONE watching NFL games has money riding on it one way or another. ;)

Sandra

There's probably money on each MLB game too, if you were to look at Las Vegas, but nothing like the NFL.

Now if the NFL played 162 games a year you wouldn't see the demand for it either.
And the opposite could be true for baseball, if they played an 80 game schedule, or even 50, you would have HIGH demand for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)