AL East 2010

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
After the March from hell with the record rain this area has received (17 inches in two weeks :eek:), it's time to PLAY BALL!!!! :D:D

Fenway will have plenty of time to dry out before Sunday night's opener, with highs this weekend around 80!! :up

Without further adieu, meet the 2010 Boston Red Sox :):

Starting Lineup

LF- Jacoby Ellsbury
2B- Dustin Pedroia
C- Victor Martinez
1B- Kevin Youkilis
DH- David Ortiz
RF- J.D. Drew
3B- Adrian Beltre
CF- Mike Cameron
SS- Marco Scutaro

Bench

C- Jason Varitek
3B/1B/DH- Mike Lowell
IF/OF- Bill Hall
OF- Jeremy Hermida

Starting Rotation

Josh Beckett
Jon Lester
John Lackey
Tim Wakefield
Clay Buchholz

****Daisuke Matsuzaka will open the season on the 15 day DL (I'm predicting a BIG season from Dice-K)

Bullpen

Jonathan Papelbon
Josh Bard
Hideki Okajima
Ramon Ramirez
Manny Delcarmen

Four pitchers are battling for the last two bullpen slots:

Alan Embree
Scott Schoeneweis
Joe Nelson
Scott Atchison

I predict Embree and Atchison (who's had a very impressive camp) head North with the team

Also, projected long man/spot starter, Boof Bonser will open the season on the DL.

Last edited:
After the March from hell with the record rain this area has received (17 inches in two weeks :eek:), it's time to PLAY BALL!!!! :D:D

Fenway will have plenty of time to dry out before Sunday night's opener, with highs this weekend around 80!! :up

Without further adieu, meet the 2010 Boston Red Sox :):

Starting Lineup

LF- Jacoby Ellsbury
2B- Dustin Pedroia
C- Victor Martinez
1B- Kevin Youkilis
DH- David Ortiz
RF- J.D. Drew
3B- Adrian Beltre
CF- Mike Cameron
SS- Marco Scutaro

Bench

C- Jason Varitek
3B/1B/DH- Mike Lowell
IF/OF- Bill Hall
OF- Jeremy Hermida

Starting Rotation

Josh Beckett
Jon Lester
John Lackey
Tim Wakefield
Clay Buchholz

****Daisuke Matsuzaka will open the season on the 15 day DL (I'm predicting a BIG season from Dice-K)

Bullpen

Jonathan Papelbon
Josh Bard
Hideki Okajima
Ramon Ramirez
Manny Delcarmen

Four pitchers are battling for the last two bullpen slots:

Alan Embree
Scott Schoeneweis
Joe Nelson
Scott Atchison

I predict Embree and Atchison (who's had a very impressive camp) head North with the team

Also, projected long man/spot starter, Boof Bonser will open the season on the DL.

Wouldn't you think that Scott Schoeneweis would get one of the spots seeing they just picked him up a few weeks back ?
Nothing like a club picking you up and then shortly there after deciding they don't need you afterall.

1. Boston (I hope)
2. Tampa Bay
3. NY
4. Toronto
5.Baltimore

Just my thoughts at the start of the season.
Nothing scientific, just thoughts.

Wouldn't you think that Scott Schoeneweis would get one of the spots seeing they just picked him up a few weeks back ?
Nothing like a club picking you up and then shortly there after deciding they don't need you afterall.

It will really come down to him and Embree for that second lefty reliever slot.

But everything being equal, IMO, Embree will get the nod (based on his history with the Sox).

BTW Jimbo, Embree was also just picked up a couple of weeks ago. It's very doubtful that both lefties (along with the incumbent Okajima) make the team.

It will really come down to him and Embree for that second lefty reliever slot.

But everything being equal, IMO, Embree will get the nod (based on his history with the Sox).

BTW Jimbo, Embree was also just picked up a couple of weeks ago. It's very doubtful that both lefties (along with the incumbent Okajima) make the team.

I thought that Embree had been on the team all along, which would obviously give him an edge .... but you said they just picked him up ? again ?

I thought that Embree had been on the team all along, which would obviously give him an edge .... but you said they just picked him up ? again ?

Yes, they just re-acquired him two weeks ago.They released him during the 2005 season.

Wow, see how much I pay attention to the Non Starters ..... :eek:

That's okay, when I looked it up, I couldn't believe it was 2005 when Embree was released! :eek:

I thought it was more like 2007.........time does fly by..........:eek:

How much longer do you expect D. Ortiz to stick around ?

This could be the last season in Boston for Papi.

Also, he starts this season like he did last, he could be sharing DH at bats with Mike Lowell.

Scott Atchison has won a spot in the Red Sox bullpen.

Also, Alan Embree has been assigned to Pawtucket (Triple A). The last bullpen spot has come down to Schoenweis and Nelson.

Ortiz should have been traded a year ago to reload but now Bay is gone and Ramirez is gone. I dont expect anything better than last year. It really sucks 12.5 mill for lowell and 13 mill for Ortiz??. Is that what they are making?

Last edited:
Ortiz should have been traded a year ago to reload but now Bay is gone and Ramirez is gone. I dont expect anything better than last year. It really sucks 12.5 mill for lowell and 13 mill for Ortiz??. Is that what they are making?

Yeah, I know.

Once these guys come off the books (next offseason??), the Sox can go out and get a legitimate bat or two..................however, until then they're putting all their eggs in the pitching/defense basket.

Yankees-Red Sox opening ceremonies coming up, and who does NESN show on the Fenway field?

LeBron James :eek:

Great to see Pedro back in a Red Sox uniform..............even if it was just to throw out the ceremonial first pitch! :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)