AL East 2010

Pedey ties it up with a 2 run jack!! :up

Sabathia vs. Beckett, 7-7 bottom of 7th.....................color me surprised!!!

Opening DAY

Finally, we move on to the actual OPENING DAY :)

We've had WAY too long of a Spring Training .......

I still don't know why the Reds didn't start thier game at 1:05 so they could still
start the season first .... that should happen EVERY year, it was tradition, should stay that way and everyone else move to 1:10 if they have to.

That should be like the Thanksgiving set up.

fwiw, ESPN can keep the Sunday night deal as long as it's Opening NIGHT, not Opening DAY :)

The team has some heart but we gave up SEVEN RUNS!!! We can't win a WS giving up that many. Great Pitching shuts down great bats and I didnt see Any of it last night. Man that was a long game. I also didnt realize the Yanks had totally revamped their outfield.

The team has some heart but we gave up SEVEN RUNS!!! We can't win a WS giving up that many. Great Pitching shuts down great bats and I didnt see Any of it last night. Man that was a long game. I also didnt realize the Yanks had totally revamped their outfield.
Typical Sox-NYY game. It was a lot of runs to give up, but it's still a W....

Typical Sox-NYY game. It was a lot of runs to give up, but it's still a W....
And that kind of thinking is exactly why we will go nowhere in the playoffs. We paid 11 million dollars to give up 5 runs in 4.2 innings. PLayoffs are won by great pitching. Epstien stresses run prevention by hiring new fielders? What a moron. We have no dominating starter in the dug out IMO. :rolleyes:

This should make vurbano happy:

The Red Sox on Monday signed right-hander Josh Beckett to a four-year, $68 million contract extension that will be formally announced at a 3 p.m. press conference at Fenway Park, according to a team source.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=5057186"]Boston Red Sox announce four-year extension for Josh Beckett - ESPN Boston[/ame]

John Lackey about to make his Red Sox debut at Fenway tonight.

The game starts in about 30 minutes, and it is still 89 degrees in Boston! :eek:

Red Sox drop two of three to the Yankees, but there was some positive news from the Fens:

*the three new everyday players (Beltre, Cameron and Scutaro) all had some good looking AB's, and the defense is a HUGE improvement over last season (Scutaro's error Tuesday night notwithstanding)

*Pedroia, Youkilis and Martinez all got off to good starts

*John Lackey as a #3 starter? Are you kiddin' me??!! :eek:

If you're struggling to stifle yawns and stay focused the morning after watching the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox play another 4-hour marathon, umpire Joe West feels your pain.

Before Wednesday night's game, West called the AL East rivals "embarrassing" and "a disgrace to baseball" for slowing the pace of their games to a crawl, according to the Bergen (N.J.) Record.
He must be pissed because he's getting back to the hotel too late for the all-you-can-eat buffet.

photo.jpg

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5066650"]Umpire Joe West blasts Boston Red Sox, New York Yankees for slow play - ESPN[/ame]

Bill, how come baseball teams dont get off to roaring starts like in hockey or basketball?

Teams almost never rocket out of the gate in baseball (other than the Atlanta Braves of 1982).

Bill, how come baseball teams dont get off to roaring starts like in hockey or basketball?

Teams almost never rocket out of the gate in baseball (other than the Atlanta Braves of 1982).

That's a very good question, but unfortunately I don't have an answer. :eek:

I saw a stat the other night that the last time the Red Sox started 2-0 was 1999. :eek:

When you think of the good teams the Sox have had over the last decade (including two championships), that's a rather startling stat.

I recall the Milwaukee Brewers start something like 10-0 in (I think) 1987.

That's a very good question, but unfortunately I don't have an answer. :eek:

I saw a stat the other night that the last time the Red Sox started 2-0 was 1999. :eek:

When you think of the good teams the Sox have had over the last decade (including two championships), that's a rather startling stat.

I recall the Milwaukee Brewers start something like 10-0 in (I think) 1987.

Just looked it up, the '87 Brew Crew started 13-0.............

1987 Milwaukee Brewers Schedule, Box Scores and Splits - Baseball-Reference.com

I think that Milwaukee team finished fourth, with a losing record.

Detroit started about 40-10 one year in the 1980s when they won the pennant.

In baseball, it is almost impossible to win a lot in a row or lose a lot in a row because there are no heavy favorites. If the worst team in baseball is playing the best team, the worst team will be favored if their #1 starter is going against the other teams #5 starter and the game is being played at home. There is no situation comparable to that in any other sport.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts