Al Jazeera Is Now Scrambled

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks as good as any SD channel, probable down-rezed from an HD feed. Watching on Dish.

Al Jazeera English or Al Jazeera America? AJE was the one that was FTA, AJA is the one that's on Dish, but they're supposed to be COMPLETELY DIFFERENT channels. THAT'S why it's not making any sense to block AJE!

It's Al Jazerrah America. So far I'm not that impressed. They were doing a climate change thing earlier which seemed to be boilerplate. We're all going to die of global warming and increased sea depth which will flood the coastlines, ect. The world 'news' comes on in a few minutes at 6pm so we'll have to see if it's any good.

It's an SD channel, right, so how does it look? Can anyone post a pic ?

Here's what's currently showing. This is from an online stream so likely not as good quality as a feed from Direc or Dish.

ajam.PNG

Interesting that it is in 4x3 and not 16x9 like the AJE feed and most other US news channels.

I am amused that the Al Jezeera marketing department seemed all but paralyzed and did not promote the launch of the AJ America channel, but their IT department sure knows how to block AJ English! :D

That is if they even have a marketing dept, by the way I wanted to browse the Al Jazeera America website and it looks like it´s down.

DirecTV is carrying Al Jazeera America starting in the Choice package. I also noticed that Free Speech TV broadcasts an hour of AJE each weekday. It will be interesting to see if that changes.

DirecTV also carries MHZ Worldview on their international sat (95). I wish they would move it to their core birds.

I am still able to watch AJE on via LiveStation..

The new version is Al Jazeera AMERICA.....there-in lies the problem. It will be more watered down dribble with useless propaganda shows..... just like CNN, FOX & MSNBC. :rant:

I have been watching since it launched and it been DULL. Fair yet DULL.

The PQ for a SD channel is not to bad.

I did notice when they launched the time on the screen was in Military Time now they switched to standard AM / PM.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 7.02.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 7.02.50 PM.png
    673 KB · Views: 135
  • Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 7.02.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-08-20 at 7.02.17 PM.png
    682.2 KB · Views: 137
Sucks, but I suppose they had scramble to appease the cable gods to get Alzazeera America picked up.

I'll have to get it on Roku now - it's in the "Live Station" channel.

Gotta love american censorship.........:rolleyes:

This isn't American Censorship, this is self-censorship (Qatarian, to be precise). They blocked it in order to get cable companies to give it a shot. It's a pretty big gamble, and one I'm not certain is going to pay off. One would think the future would be in making sure the online channel is available 24/7 alongside a cable channel for more exposure, but that's just me.

Israel 24 certainly has potential. Except, their ticker reads, "School shooting in Colorado ends when suspects surrenders [sic] to police." Unless this is a conspiracy theory type situation with the 'news script' leaked out days beforehand, they've got a lot of inaccuracies here: it was one suspect not more than one, and more importantly, the shooting was in Georgia, not Colorado. Inaccuracy is something I can't tolerate with a news source.

Israel 24 certainly has potential. Except, their ticker reads, "School shooting in Colorado ends when suspects surrenders [sic] to police." Unless this is a conspiracy theory type situation with the 'news script' leaked out days beforehand, they've got a lot of inaccuracies here: it was one suspect not more than one, and more importantly, the shooting was in Georgia, not Colorado. Inaccuracy is something I can't tolerate with a news source.

I take it you've never done a live performance before.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)