Al Jazeera Is Now Scrambled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
No, they don't go against the grain of the mainstream media any more, when I have tried to watch their 97W feed lately, it takes less than 5 minutes for the America-bashing to start. They weren't like that in the beginning, but I understand why it is happening now. Sorry, I can't answer more fully because of the rules against political discussions.

I suppose your right, depending on what they are covering. It is also too bad that we can't go more into detail, politics are ingrained every where and in everything, some people need to get that!

When cable/satellite adds channels they want access limited to them. This first started with CBN, travel channel etc. I asked Christian Broadcasting and Travel {TWA owned} why they scrambled and the answer was forced by cable. The Outdoor channel stayed in the clear for years and was finally forced to scramble even though they did not want the change. It is all the control game and goes on. Advertisers pay for time and we pay for access. I am still unhappy about dish scrambling NASA and receive it free on the BUD and the game goes on. Al Jazeera is just another service to disappear from FTA.
[h=1][/h]

?
You're right>but it's not supposed to make sense. It's supposed to make them MONEY. Naturally they want to cut off any means of access for US people, including webcasts, to force payment for viewing. I don't like it, but I can't fault them trying to make a dollar. Not that the owners need it.
But you're talking apples and oranges. They've forcably 'cut off' AJ English to make AJ America available on their systems. But they're two distinctly different products.
What they've done, in essence, is tell a manufacturer that they can no longer sell that model if they want this new model 'authorized' for sale.
Should you want to view AJE, you can do so by clicking at the 'Visit Al Jazeera English' link at the bottom of that page.
For now, follow our excellent Middle East coverage here:
http://aje.me/183rYMg
Thank you.
https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera/posts/10151870616208690
The aje.me link doesn't work for me, but it could be my ISP, as I've run into that on a few other addresses.

AJE is still streaming live here in Canada. I wonder if we are next on the chopping block?
Want to set up a relay?
(if the working one suddely quits)
?
Working, but have to hit play repeatidly, as there's some error every minute or two. ISP again??
"P" material deleted.
Think the whole thread may end up 'in the PIT'

Most FTA owners do not subscribe to pay TV services and have no intention on ever subscribing so taking down the FTA version makes no sense at all, I don't think any FTA users will decide to sub when it's not even the same channel.

Scott, can you please tell me (PM or WUT if needed) how that Amiko Alien 2 is getting AJE? I looked at the specs and I don't see any formats it gets that my PCI FTA card does not get. While on the subject, can it do the 4:2:2 CBS is in? My PCI card can (well the prog and codec I use can), I've been told there are still no STB's that can do 4:2:2 to get CBS.

Most FTA owners do not subscribe to pay TV services and have no intention on ever subscribing so taking down the FTA version makes no sense at all, I don't think any FTA users will decide to sub when it's not even the same channel.
don't know if that's true. but the opposite is true. most pay buyers don't use FTA much even OTA .

I've been told there are still no STB's that can do 4:2:2 to get CBS.
none ever but a AZ for s2 422

how that Amiko Alien 2 is getting AJE?
it uses a server best i can tell.

Scott, can you please tell me (PM or WUT if needed) how that Amiko Alien 2 is getting AJE?
It uses the Internet to get it. However the URL is unknown as they store all that stuff on their servers. Just click on it and your watching if you hooked up to Broadband.

I wonder if one could get in trouble if one setup a free proxy?

AJE is still streaming live here in Canada. I wonder if we are next on the chopping block?
If they scrambled it, it would be illegal for Canadian FTA viewers to watch it so maybe the law is working in their favour [spelled for the benefit of those from the GWN].

how that Amiko Alien 2 is getting AJE? I looked at the specs and I don't see any formats it gets that my PCI FTA card does not get.

It is simply an IPTV stream using the Internet so it does not rely on any satellite feed. You could also view the same stream using your computer from a variety of websites. Some of these have already been posted in this very thread. We are currently testing this channel with the IPTV player on the AzBox miniMe American Edition which will soon be available in upcoming firmware updates.

I've been told there are still no STB's that can do 4:2:2 to get CBS.

Whoever told you that was either misinformed or lying to you. :rolleyes:

The AzBox miniMe American Edition fully supports 4:2:2 and is the only current STB receiver in the market (i.e. non-discontinued) that natively receives the channels you mentioned. You also have a chance to win one by participating in the What would you do... 4:2:2 contest before the end of the month. :cool:

Best regards,

PwrSurge
AzBox Canada & US

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)