Al Jazeera will be in Dish Channel 218 and Direct TV Channel 358 from August 20th

Don't PBS use British ITV or BBC for most of their foreign reporting? Both channels which are by law responsible to the British public. I would actual take Al Jazeera over BBC News any day.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
No, the individual stations pony up for the BBC World News if they want that on their schedule. My guess is maybe you are referring to NPR which isn't the same thing as exactly as PBS. Just watched some of the News Hour and w/in a few mins even saw Al Jazeera report.

What is odd is that a bunch of people "see" these news channels based on their partisan goggles. The reality is, they are all whoring about. All of these "insiders" and "commentators" are nothing but political whores who have sold out the Fourth Estate for a wealthy lifestyle.
Sure haven't been to the forums I've seen. CNN is often labeled Fox light.
Who would label CNN like that? The only thing that CNN has going for it is the remarkable fodder it offers The Daily Show.
This isn't to start people ranting. Just that CNN isn't really to balanced any more.
Balanced? It isn't even a news channel anymore. CNN has become more like HLN, overly simplistic, pop like "news" "coverage".

Just for transparency, I consider myself a pragmatist but also a liberal.

There is so much information available to us these days with so many factions trying to influence us to achieve political agendas, it is our responsibility as true citizens to review all inputs and make responsible decisions after comparing reports from various sources.

Only by doing so can we make rational decisions.

Thankfully, in our democracy, we can choose to agree or disagree with one another. Apparently there is another forum on this website where discussions of this nature are to take place.

In the meantime, based on my experience with the English speaking website of Al Jazeera, I am looking forward to another news source to compare reports and make informed decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'm looking forward to Al Jazeera America. It gives another choice in news coverage and god knows we need another. The other news we have are all about politics. One for Republicans and conservatives and the others for Democrats and liberal. That's not saying that all Democrats are liberal though. Al Jazeera have already got several of former CNN reporters. Soledad O'brien is one. Also reporters from Bloomberg business news. I just hope they will stay with the news and not get into politics and forget that there is other news in our Nation and around the world. I'm afraid it will start well but then eventuality then just go along with the other so-called news we have.

Where the true bias comes out is on the so-called news contributors especially on CNN with both parties views. Same goes to Fox News and MSNBC, with both Fox News and MSNBC getting outta control with their obvious bias, with both those news channels having segment shows especially for that.

How will you post here? Use the library computers and Internet connection?

Internet at work (I have a desk job). My phone. Any of the many places that offer free wi-fi, including the library (where I can also get many, many shows and movies on DVD and Blu Ray for free).

I just realize I get far more use out of my TV subscription than my internet. I have long found IPTV to be slow, flaky, and of low PQ. And who knows when they might start throttling. So I'll quit that and save money that way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts