Al Jazeera will be in Dish Channel 218 and Direct TV Channel 358 from August 20th

American Al Jazeera news will be identical to liberal news outfits like NBC, CNN, ABC News . . nothing different and not any more liberal.

The Al Jazeera in Arabic is ultra Ilsamist and supports the Muslim Brotherhood. Several reporters for Arabic Al Jazeera recently quit in protest.

American Al Jazeera news will be identical to liberal news outfits like NBC, CNN, ABC News . . nothing different and not any more liberal.

The Al Jazeera in Arabic is ultra Islamist and supports the Muslim Brotherhood. Several reporters for Arabic Al Jazeera recently quit in protest.

The two are not independent, but are sister stations so views of the Arabic one likely reflects the beliefs of the other - thus political by nature

Al Jazerra means the island (or peninsula) referring to the Arabic peninsula. Almost all, if not all, of these countries are run by strict dictatorships or Muslim brotherhood leaning regimes, thus claims of unbiased news here very unlikely. More likely an anti West bias. At one time they were on Link, FreeSpeech TV or one of those so called public channels. They had an agenda then and probably still do.

If they replace Veira with this crap, will have a very unhappy wife. At least it will give me an excuse to look around at DirectTV and other possibilities if Veira no longer available.

You do know that besides BBC, Al Jazeera is one of the better worldwide news channels right?

I don't care, I really don't have much interest in international news or viewpoints. I do not want it on my system so blocked it will go. I also block sports ,info , shopping channels and religious channels I never watch. I don't like having a hundred channels in my guide cluttering things up.

I don't care, I really don't have much interest in international news or viewpoints. I do not want it on my system so blocked it will go. I also block sports ,info , shopping channels and religious channels I never watch. I don't like having a hundred channels in my guide cluttering things up.

LoL :what:

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I love foreign news. I find Al Jazera interesting.
I don't take their politics seriously.
I also enjoy RT news. It's great to see what are countries are thinking.

But as I posted it won't be international news, almost exclusively Domestic. Will be interesting to see how they report news compared to the current news stations.

If the new channel is going to be domestic news, why are they so worried about keeping Americans from viewing the existing channel?

I am hopeful

I get MHZ over 06.3 in mid Mo. they are an excellent source of foreign news, offer a different perspecive and are much easier to watch than the crapped, up commercial bloated, political and personality based stream of junk that everything in the US except PBS has to offer. I am also bright enough to understand that Al Jazeera may have a bias just like I know FOX, and MSNBC have----I just allow for it---. ron

If the new channel is going to be domestic news, why are they so worried about keeping Americans from viewing the existing channel?

? Not only is their international news already on DISH via LINK TV and FSTV, they have an app for it on tablets and smartphones to watch live, and available on Roku live. The exact opposite of hiding it. I think people are getting confused on their services. This one is new, just starting not the one they already have.

One way to get more buys (assuming it will be a la carte like Current) would be to pair it with bein since both are owned by the same organization. Some worried about their news would probably buy it for bein and just block Al Jazerra.

Not going to happen but it would probably get a better buyrate.

? Not only is their international news already on DISH via LINK TV and FSTV, they have an app for it on tablets and smartphones to watch live, and available on Roku live. The exact opposite of hiding it. I think people are getting confused on their services. This one is new, just starting not the one they already have.

You've not been following the story. The free broadcast of Al Jazeera English on 97W Ku-band is going to go away, and the web stream is going to be IP-blocked. I presume that this means the end of the Roku and mobile streams as well. I don't know what's going to happen with the rebroadcasts on other channels.

You've not been following the story. The free broadcast of Al Jazeera English on 97W Ku-band is going to go away, and the web stream is going to be IP-blocked. I presume that this means the end of the Roku and mobile streams as well. I don't know what's going to happen with the rebroadcasts on other channels.

I have but it was to be blocked starting in April. Then the report was they had decided not to block it or if they did only temporarily. And I thought the Apps on smartphones/Tablets would not be blocked. If that has changed I was not aware of that and that would be a shame.
(There are fantastic VPN apps for Android, I routinely watch BBC programs.)

LoL :what:

Okay let me rephrase it . I don't like having channels that I do NOT watch in my guide. So I block them. Including SD channels that have HD equivalents. I block them. I don't watch sports channels-and wish I could not pay for them either. I don't watch religious channels or shopping channels , Country music, or News channels that I don't share a view with. I don't like this news channel due to the name alone. I know it is supposed to be a domestic news channel ,but I can't help but believe their will be an underlying political slant behind it that I simply will not agree with ,nor do I want to be exposed to it.

The Al Jazeera in Arabic is ultra Ilsamist and supports the Muslim Brotherhood. Several reporters for Arabic Al Jazeera recently quit in protest.
CNN and MSNBC are tabloid news sources. Fox News is the only 'news' channel that has a flat out political agenda.

bein Sport has done fine up to now. No 'death to' Clint Dempsey or Fenway Sports Venture ads. Al Jazeera shall be interesting, because it may do something that no other news network in the US does, cover the news.

But given time, it'll probably devolve into showing reality programs about Arctic fishermen.

CNN and MSNBC are tabloid news sources. Fox News is the only 'news' channel that has a flat out political agenda.
MSNBC also has a clear bias, albeit one I often agree with. But, bias, none the less. It's usually pretty obvious.

Of the three, only CNN is relatively unbiased. OTOH, they are run by and programmed for idiots. I often can't watch because they infuriate me with their stupidity.

But given time, it'll probably devolve into showing reality programs about Arctic fishermen.
So true. Cable/Sat TV is just a vast wasteland of reality-based programming for idiots.

MSNBC also has a clear bias, albeit one I often agree with. But, bias, none the less. It's usually pretty obvious.

Of the three, only CNN is relatively unbiased. OTOH, they are run by and programmed for idiots. I often can't watch because they infuriate me with their stupidity.
Sure haven't been to the forums I've seen. CNN is often labeled Fox light. This isn't to start people ranting. Just that CNN isn't really to balanced any more. They suck up to getting ratings and so when Fox was doing so great they started leaning. Probably if MSNBC was the one w/ the great numbers that would have gone that direction.

I get MHZ over 06.3 in mid Mo. they are an excellent source of foreign news, offer a different perspecive and are much easier to watch than the crapped, up commercial bloated, political and personality based stream of junk that everything in the US except PBS has to offer. I am also bright enough to understand that Al Jazeera may have a bias just like I know FOX, and MSNBC have----I just allow for it---. ron

Don't PBS use British ITV or BBC for most of their foreign reporting? Both channels which are by law responsible to the British public. I would actual take Al Jazeera over BBC News any day.

CNN is a load of crap along with the other two. I would love to know what all their "reporters" actually do all day. Combine CNN + CNN International and you might get a half descent channel.

bein Sport has done fine up to now. No 'death to' Clint Dempsey or Fenway Sports Venture ads. Al Jazeera shall be interesting, because it may do something that no other news network in the US does, cover the news.

If it actually covers the news, it will be ok. If I don't like what I see/hear, off it'll go. No one actually forces me to watch anything that I choose not to. And if it does turn into a reality channel, that'll be another reason not to watch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)