Alex Rodriguez tests positive for steroids and now ADMITS it

I would love to see him cut, but I can't see the Yanks willing to pay him all that $$$ to either sit at home or lace em up with the Sox.

Don't worry, guys- I'm clean!
OK, thanks for the update. :confused: This latest news means there are still 103 names that are undisclosed.

Should these remaining names be announced even though they were supposed to remain private, or as Buck Showalter said this morning, that two wrongs don't make a right and revealing the names would unduly tarnish more reputations...

I do feel that there should be an investigation into who leaked this information.

OK, thanks for the update. :confused: This latest news means there are still 103 names that are undisclosed.

Should these remaining names be announced even though they were supposed to remain private, or as Buck Showalter said this morning, that two wrongs don't make a right and revealing the names would unduly tarnish more reputations...

I do feel that there should be an investigation into who leaked this information.

Yeah, that's the one thing I haven't heard too much discussion about. I bet it was from someone who A-Rod royally pissed off. Maybe his estranged wife???

How solid are the studies assessing risk of adverse consequences? Are there any? We don't know that performance enhancing substances caused Lyle Alzado's fatal brain tumor.

On the other hand...

Schwartzeneger, when asked about his steroid use, said it was OK because it was done under medical supervision. What did they supervise and how did they do it? Did they monitor his shoe size using one of those things like they do in the shoe store? Did they measure his head with calipers or with a go-no-go gauge? Did they monitor for small brain tumors and then change his prescriptions or dosages accordingly?

Good questions and excellent points. I think that alot of people confuse who baseball players use it and how football players use AND what type they use. I, for one, from the conversations I have had with both pro players and doctors, that the type and the doses used by baseball player are different. It would be crazy to think that baseball players would use....because I highly doubt that that many use it NOW because of all the scrutiny....the same amount that a body builder or a football player or a professional wrestler would use. You DO NOT have to be big OR strong to be a successful baseball player.

Make that 102! In the post from Skyhi about Barry Bonds' judge thinking of throwing out the evidence....the government had said that Barry Bonds ALSO test positive in 2003.

Federal prosecutors still have some ammunition for a jury. Documents released this week show they have evidence that Bonds tested positive for steroids in 2003 when all major league players were tested under a program designed to determine the scope of steroid use in the sport.

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_11639628?nclick_check=1

If we tried hard enough we could probably name half of the list. We got two, now I'll add a few:
Sosa, McGuire, Clemons, Canseco, Bradley... jump in with your own guesses.

Baseball has sank to the ranks of professional wrestling. So sad.

Sure is...all of a sudden we've all forgotten about that little book Joe Torre wrote, haven't we?????

Funny you mention his book, this morning, on the sports radio show Sid Rosenberg, they had Jim Leyritz and he mentioned a couple of things:

- He stated EVERYTHING mentioned in Joe Torre's book was about "99% accurate and NOTHING that he mentioned was new subject or material that has not already been said before".

- That steroids DOES make you stronger, but you still need the stroke/swing to hit home runs and the eye-hand coordination AND powerful wrist for the bat speed needed to go through the hitting zone, "steroids CANNOT do that for you..!"

- As much as he "HATES Jose Canseco, he is THE one that has come out with THE MOST credibility in this whole steroids issue...scary ain't it?!" And let me tell you, he has had some HUGE feuds with Canseco in every sport radio market down here and I KNOW that was difficult for him to say. He also stated that Canseco never saw him take steroids, BUT did introduce him to the guy that supplied him....

- And finally, he stated something that I have stated all along. "Chemistry on a team is HIGHLY overrated and really is almost nowhere to be found in clubhouses for over 20 years....it not more!" He stated they The Big Red Machine barely got along as well as the 70s Yanks, A's, Orioles, Dodgers and Cardinals. He said the very last team that ACTUALLY liked each other was the '79 Pirates.

It would be crazy to think that baseball players would use....because I highly doubt that that many use it NOW because of all the scrutiny....the same amount that a body builder or a football player or a professional wrestler would use. You DO NOT have to be big OR strong to be a successful baseball player.
You're right in that you don't have to be big or strong, but, obviously it helps.

kencaminiti.jpg

mcgwire274x374.jpg

jose-canseco-2.jpg

brady-anderson.jpg

barry-bonds-case-could-hinge-on-a-single-word-knowingly.jpg

giambi.jpg

Cosmo....ONLY quoting what was said BY A MAJOR LEAGUER....in case you want to hear the conversation, go to 790theticket.com and hear the pod cast of Sid Rosenberg's show.

The MLB needs to publish this list. Otherwise everybody is guilty, or at least under suspicion, until they do. The next step is to institute a lifetime ban on any new "juicers" starting today. Time to end this BS.

The MLB needs to publish this list. Otherwise everybody is guilty, or at least under suspicion, until they do. The next step is to institute a lifetime ban on any new "juicers" starting today. Time to end this BS.

I agree, but they have to collectively bargain this with the union. Do you think Fehr and Orza would go for it?

Sandra

Here is some interesting news on the subject:

Sources confirmed to ESPN that Rodriguez, now with the New York Yankees, was aware he tested positive.

Rodriguez, the players' union and Major League Baseball were mum Sunday.

"Alex has been out of the country. I expect him back later today and want to confer with my client before saying anything," agent Scott Boras said.

Meanwhile, one recently retired player wanted to know how Rodriguez's name got out. Sean Casey, who spent last season with the Red Sox, said he felt violated by the leak.

"A little bit, because it was supposed to be a survey test and those results were supposed to be confidential," he said. "The only reason we opened up the collective bargaining agreement was on those terms."

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3893240"]Curt Schilling: Name all 104 positives not just A-Rod - ESPN[/ame]

Two things that came out of the above, ONE: IF he knew, then Torre knew AND the Yankees knew....therefore, they are accomplices to all this steroid fiasco. And I am sure the rest of the league knew and therefore they played dumb or they didn't git a sh*t because the $$$$ was coming in with the surge of attendance the home run was bringing in. TWO: IF what Sean Casey is true, in the next bargaining agreement, this is gonna cause some MAJOR ISSUES where the players might strike/picket/walkout on the owners. And seeing this was SUPPOSED to not happen according to the bargaining agreement, I cannot blame them. I think so the owners do not look bad in the next sit down with the union, they may have to give up who leaked the story.....just to make sure it WAS NOT one of the owners or someone that is part of the ownership.

WOW, talk about a major can of worms.....:(

If the union can't see this clearly, baseball is in bigger trouble than I thought. Assuming that a majority of the union is "juice-free", why should they have a problem with this. I would think that the non-users would love to clear their names, and remove the cloud of suspicion. This could be the beginning of the end. Just another reason to ignore baseball.

Here is some interesting news on the subject:

Curt Schilling: Name all 104 positives not just A-Rod - ESPN

Two things that came out of the above, ONE: IF he knew, then Torre knew AND the Yankees knew....therefore, they are accomplices to all this steroid fiasco. And I am sure the rest of the league knew and therefore they played dumb or they didn't git a sh*t because the $$$$ was coming in with the surge of attendance the home run was bringing in. TWO: IF what Sean Casey is true, in the next bargaining agreement, this is gonna cause some MAJOR ISSUES where the players might strike/picket/walkout on the owners. And seeing this was SUPPOSED to not happen according to the bargaining agreement, I cannot blame them. I think so the owners do not look bad in the next sit down with the union, they may have to give up who leaked the story.....just to make sure it WAS NOT one of the owners or someone that is part of the ownership.

WOW, talk about a major can of worms.....:(

Let them walk, the integrity of the game has to be restored. I'll pin a medal on whoever leaked this story.

Do you think Fehr and Orza would go for it?

Sandra

NOT if it was someone from MLB office or someone involved in ownership. IF it was one of them, this is gonna be a MAJOR issue when they open the talks for the next collective bargaining agreement. SOMEONE is gonna have to divulge who spilled the beans just to make sure it wasn't them....

When did Sponsorship come into Sports?

Championship Week 2009 Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)