Alex Rodriguez tests positive for steroids and now ADMITS it

Why is this a big deal?

1. Nobody testing positive should surprise anyone anymore.

2. Salsa knows big leaguers, and says steroids don't help you hit home runs anyway. ;)

Sandra

This is a big deal because we don't like players that cheat. And that's exactly what this is. This pretty much puts the last nail in the coffin, there is now no chance of ever watching baseball again, I'll try to follow hockey until the next PED-investigation, cheating scandal or lockout/strike rolls down the pike in the NHL. Lord knows it's made NFL/MLB/NBA unwatchable.

Well this is why Ken Griffy Jr will always be one of my favorite players! Clean and awesome just wished he would have stayed in Seattle.

If had done it, he would have 800 HR's by now. His swing is just so natural for hitting HR's.

The changes that have been made in the last few years, I believe has correct the problem on the most part. I think it also shows in the fact that Yankees are having to try and get different players than they have had recently because the players they brought in had bulked their power numbers up by using steroids.
This is a big deal because we don't like players that cheat. And that's exactly what this is. This pretty much puts the last nail in the coffin, there is now no chance of ever watching baseball again, I'll try to follow hockey until the next PED-investigation, cheating scandal or lockout/strike rolls down the pike in the NHL. Lord knows it's made NFL/MLB/NBA unwatchable.

If Griffey could have stayed away from those injuries that he has had during his mlb career. He probably would have had nearly as many home runs as Barry Bonds has now.
Well that is the point, he did not do them and did not stay healthy all the time. I do agree with you though!

If had done it, he would have 800 HR's by now. His swing is just so natural for hitting HR's.
I agree such a pretty swing!!:up

Why didn't MLB discipline the 104 players who tested positive in '03?

Why does MLB have a PED policy but hardly enforces it?
Baseball was almost a dead sport. Brady Anderson was the first to do this and get away with it. Any of you fans remember him hitting 50 HR.. McGuire and Sosa going after the HR record. Remember how the pitchers were throwing meat pitches to Big MAC!.. It made fans come back to baseball they had a hero.. Oh yea and all teams mad lots of money off of it!

I had over heard on our local sports radio that apparently IF the threshold of 100 OR LESS were shown to be positive of a steroid use, they were NOT gonna implement the stricter rules...i.e., same ole, same ole.....:eek:

And to think, good ole Buddy is getting paid $18 million a year to do whatever the owners tell him to. And you KNOW the owners knew this was going on.

.....and there is good ole Pete Rose...forget it! Not gonna even open THAT can of worms....:(

It made fans come back to baseball they had a hero.. Oh yea and all teams mad lots of money off of it!

And don't forget, it made ALL that were televising the games MAD money...and the corporate sponsors MAD money too!

AND yet there are STILL people who actually SIDE WITH OWNERS....

....TO ME, in the end, this was ALL the owners fault!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

GOD oh might.....I said it does NOT Make you a better ball player. :rolleyes:

You are the typical woman....instead of just .....never mind. I will just say this, you and I were discussing something once and without knowing me, you said something to the effect of "now I know why I am not married"....well believe, now I know why you are not married....:rolleyes:

Back to the subject at hand....Am I surprised? NO.....am I disappointed? YES! The question is....HOW is he gonna handled it? Will he take the Barry Bonds route and deny, deny, deny.....or will he take the Giambi route and at least admit to it...
:D:up

It's sad that betting on a game can get you exiled forever but flat out cheating appears to more often that not result in no punishment.

No wonder he's worth so much, testing positive but not receiving any punishment must be worth paying him more.

I was reading the latest news in the Bonds perjury case....and I think he TOO was one of the 104 that tested positive:

Documents released this week show they have evidence that Bonds tested positive for steroids in 2003 when all major league players were tested under a program designed to determine the scope of steroid use in the sport.

http://www.mercurynews.com/topstories/ci_11639628?nclick_check=1

Though MLB's drug policy has expressly prohibited the use of steroids without a valid prescription since 1991, there were no penalties for a positive test in 2003.

Because more than 5% of big leaguers had tested positive in 2003, baseball instituted a mandatory random-testing program, with penalties, in '04.

Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in '03, sources tell SI - MLB - SI.com

Because more than 5% of big leaguers had tested positive in 2003, baseball instituted a mandatory random-testing program, with penalties, in '04. According to the 2007 Mitchell Report on steroid use in baseball, in September 2004, Gene Orza, the chief operating officer of the players' union, violated an agreement with MLB by tipping off a player (not named in the report) about an upcoming, supposedly unannounced drug test. Three major league players who spoke to SI said that Rodriguez was also tipped by Orza in early September 2004 that he would be tested later that month. Rodriguez declined to respond on Thursday when asked about the warning Orza provided him.
When Orza was asked on Friday in the union's New York City office about the tipping allegations, he told a reporter, "I'm not interested in discussing this information with you

Holy Crap, that is unbelievable! I hope this brings down the four faces of evil in MLB.

Orza and Fehr who fought the policy, obviously interfered and condoned it.

Scott Boras who IMO encouraged his clients to partake in steroids. I have no proof but his clients test positive at a higher rate than anyone else's.

Bud "18 million dollar" Selig, who knew about this and did nothing because he knew it put butts in the seats and generated revenue for the owners.

GOD oh might.....I said it does NOT Make you a better ball player. :rolleyes:

You are the typical woman....instead of just .....never mind. I will just say this, you and I were discussing something once and without knowing me, you said something to the effect of "now I know why I am not married"....well believe, now I know why you are not married....:rolleyes:

This is what I said:

Salsa knows big leaguers, and says steroids don't help you hit home runs anyway.

Because this is what you said:

Again, 'roids do not make you home run hitters and home runs are NOT the reason baseball players take them...

I have no idea why this would lead to a personal attack of me, except because that's what you do. You have attacked me and others personally on a number of occasions, based on where we live and what we've accomplished in life. I don't recall anyone attacking you personally at all.

Perhaps you should try some consideration and talk to the facts, not the person. It makes you sound very insecure.

Sandra

This is what I said:

Because this is what you said:

I have no idea why this would lead to a personal attack of me, except because that's what you do. You have attacked me and others personally on a number of occasions, based on where we live and what we've accomplished in life. I don't recall anyone attacking you personally at all.

Perhaps you should try some consideration and talk to the facts, not the person. It makes you sound very insecure.

Sandra
:rolleyes: And POMPOUS!!:D:up