Alex Rodriguez tests positive for steroids and now ADMITS it

LMAO! You guys are something else, NOTHING short of an apology would be accepted.....he gives you one...AND admits FULL responsibility...and you guys go full hypocrite with make statements like "It drives me up the wall to hear people/athletes using that lame "I made a mistake" excuse".... and some agreeing to it. Tell me, if someone you cared for made a huge mistaken....you NOT ONLY want them to apologize to all the people he/she possibly hurt in their mistake, but OWN UP TO IT also.

I have seen this guy give a ton of interviews, and every single one looked and sounded COMPLETELY scripted.....this one, he had to think and pause for alot of answers....his has was against the wall and he did THE ONLY OPTION he had.....tell the truth.

...he did that...end of story! It's time to move on and try to fix baseball's image.:(

...amazing how some people want something...they get it and it's STILL not enough to satisfy their blood lust for some kind of revenge.....:rolleyes:

I thought it was great that he admitted to it. it's a great move. i saw the interview just a little while ago and yes you're right he seemed different from his other interviews. :up but in order to fix baseball's image all the names need to come out. if not people won't let it go. personally i hate seeing a dead horse beaten to death but that's the way it is. you can't change people.:) get all the names out in the open so people can move on.

Yea like Most all Baseball payers aren't on Steroids:rolleyes: A-ROD OK in my book. So 6 years later ,Its now only in issue? Media must be hurting for storys. Gimmie a Break already.:mad:

LMAO! You guys are something else, NOTHING short of an apology would be accepted.....he gives you one...AND admits FULL responsibility...and you guys go full hypocrite with make statements like "It drives me up the wall to hear people/athletes using that lame "I made a mistake" excuse".... and some agreeing to it. Tell me, if someone you cared for made a huge mistaken....you NOT ONLY want them to apologize to all the people he/she possibly hurt in their mistake, but OWN UP TO IT also.

I have seen this guy give a ton of interviews, and every single one looked and sounded COMPLETELY scripted.....this one, he had to think and pause for alot of answers....his has was against the wall and he did THE ONLY OPTION he had.....tell the truth.

...he did that...end of story! It's time to move on and try to fix baseball's image.:(

...amazing how some people want something...they get it and it's STILL not enough to satisfy their blood lust for some kind of revenge.....:rolleyes:
First of all, my post about "I made a mistake" was made in general, not just Rodriguez, and I stand by that. I refuse to lump everything under the sun as a "mistake." Secondly, do you actually believe that Rodriguez came clean about everything? He just flat out avoided Gammons' question about who introduced him to steroids, and the stuff he was taking wasn't bought from GNC. And do you actually believe his all his claims about Selena Roberts stalking him and being cited for trying to break into his apartment? If that stuff was true, we would have heard about it. I don't give a damn about somebody's apology. That doesn't change the fact that you did it. I mean, I sort of get the feeling here, that just because he admitted it, his stats are more acceptable than McGwire's, Clemens', Bonds', Sosa's, et al. To me, that's nonsense.

Last edited:
I think A-Roid's stats from the 2001-03 season should be striken from the records. He cheated and took illegal drugs, which he should go to jail for by the way.

First of all, my post about "I made a mistake" was made in general, not just Rodriguez, and I stand by that. I refuse to lump everything under the sun as a "mistake." Secondly, do you actually believe that Rodriguez came clean about everything? He just flat out avoided Gammons' question about who introduced him to steroids, and the stuff he was taking wasn't bought from GNC. And do you actually believe his all his claims about Selena Roberts stalking him and being cited for trying to break into his apartment? If that stuff was true, we would have heard about it. I don't give a damn about somebody's apology. That doesn't change the fact that you did it.

Ok, let's go one at a time...Yes, he came clean....he said he took the "banned substances"...Secondly...he did NOT say he bought it at GNC, he stated that are things NOW at GNC that are considered banned substances....he didn't avoid the question because WHAT GOOD would have done to state WHO introduced him to a banned substance 6 years ago....And his claims about Selena Roberts stalking him...could be true, I mean reporters and paparazzi never ever chase celebrities for stories or pictures right??!! RIGHT??!! I mean it's not in the nature, especially if there is a mind blowing story or a picture they HAVE to get....right??!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: The reason you didn't here about the supposed stalking is because reporters and paparrazi DO IT ALL THE TIME....it's THERE JOB.

I mean I am not a big A-Rod fan because he is THE most egotistical athlete EVER in my opinion....but I look I try to look at all angles, and he gave EVERYONE what was needed to be done....ADMITTED TO IT and apologized!!

....I guess because so many people hate him so much, they almost WANTED him to deny it so they can hate him even more.....or hate the Yankees more for having him on their team.:rolleyes:

I mean I am not a big A-Rod fan because he is THE most egotistical athlete EVER in my opinion....but I look I try to look at all angles, and he gave EVERYONE what was needed to be done....ADMITTED TO IT and apologized!!

thank you. that's exactly how i feel.every word! :up

Did you guys watch the interview? He's lying. He's saying that he's not sure what substance he's guilty of using. WHAT???????????????????
Also Peter Gammons asked him about when he used them. Gammons gave him a time line of 2001 to 2003 . Arod said it was "pretty accurate"

I think A-Roid's stats from the 2001-03 season should be striken from the records. He cheated and took illegal drugs, which he should go to jail for by the way.

I can agree with that, since he admitted to doing it in those years. He should also give that money he earned for those years to a charity that helps kids with drug prevention...the jail time, too much in my opinion....it was for personal use and he was not selling/distribute....so I hope/assume....:(

To me Orza and Fehr tipping off players to when test were going to be, is a bigger deal than A-rod taking steroids. The union and owners both turned a blind eye to this and should be held accountable.

Selana Roberts is a hack anyway, just look at the Duke lacrosse case, she went after this biggest fish on the list, how about the other names? Weren't they sexy enough, Selena?

Did you guys watch the interview? He's lying. He's saying that he's not sure what substance he's guilty of using. WHAT???????????????????
Also Peter Gammons asked him about when he used them. Gammons gave him a time line of 2001 to 2003 . Arod said it was "pretty accurate"

Now, is he lying because YOU KNOW PERSONALLY because of something you have seen or heard...??! I mean he may actually have been taking so much crap that he really did not know what was found in his system. Folks, this happened 6 years ago....not yesterday....or last week, month or even last year.

Folks....he admitted it....apologized for it...it's done. AGAIN, he did what ALL those that were found to have done steroids DID NOT DO(other than Giambi and Pettit)....admitted to it. He cannot get suspended, fired or released. I think that it is time to start repairing the game.:eureka

To me Orza and Fehr tipping off players to when test were going to be, is a bigger deal than A-rod taking steroids. The union and owners both turned a blind eye to this and should be held accountable.

Selana Roberts is a hack anyway, just look at the Duke lacrosse case, she went after this biggest fish on the list, how about the other names? Weren't they sexy enough, Selena?

2 VERY good points....especially the one about the Duke Lacrosse team....never thought of that. Guess that answers any questions about if this woman is capable of stalking A-Rod......:rolleyes:

I can say this. I believe Arod was told when he was going to be tested again. And they protected him. I'm watching the coverage of it now and I know that Arod is not telling the whole truth. Just the part that he got caught on. If I believe my source, and I do, you are going to hear more. And it's not going to be pretty . He's hearing that the Yankees might move him.

And do you people really believe Arod? He said he felt the pressure of his contract so he used steroids. So that changed when he came to the Yankees? If anything the pressure got worse starting in 2004. Arod did not need to do this. And now he's going to pay for it.

LOL. Yeah right.

First off, no one else on the planet can afford A-Roid's mammoth contract. Secondly, the Yankees sure as hell aren't going to eat his $275 million contract either. Tell your "source", he's not going anywhere.

Now, is he lying because YOU KNOW PERSONALLY because of something you have seen or heard...??! I mean he may actually have been taking so much crap that he really did not know what was found in his system. Folks, this happened 6 years ago....not yesterday....or last week, month or even last year.

Folks....he admitted it....apologized for it...it's done. AGAIN, he did what ALL those that were found to have done steroids DID NOT DO(other than Giambi and Pettit)....admitted to it. He cannot get suspended, fired or released. I think that it is time to start repairing the game.:eureka

Alex is saying that he used something and he didn't know what he was using? He's not telling the truth. As for Selena Roberts, She is telling the truth . Arod is making up lies about her.

LOL. Yeah right.

First off, no one else on the planet can afford A-Roid's mammoth contract. Secondly, the Yankees sure as hell aren't going to eat his $275 million contract either. Tell your "source", he's not going anywhere.

We shall see won't we.

Ok, let's go one at a time...Yes, he came clean....he said he took the "banned substances"...Secondly...he did NOT say he bought it at GNC, he stated that are things NOW at GNC that are considered banned substances....he didn't avoid the question because WHAT GOOD would have done to state WHO introduced him to a banned substance 6 years ago....And his claims about Selena Roberts stalking him...could be true, I mean reporters and paparazzi never ever chase celebrities for stories or pictures right??!! RIGHT??!! I mean it's not in the nature, especially if there is a mind blowing story or a picture they HAVE to get....right??!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: The reason you didn't here about the supposed stalking is because reporters and paparrazi DO IT ALL THE TIME....it's THERE JOB.

....I guess because so many people hate him so much, they almost WANTED him to deny it so they can hate him even more.....or hate the Yankees more for having him on their team.:rolleyes:
C'mon, Salsa, read between the lines. I didn't say that he said that he got them from GNC. He said that when he found out that he had tested positive, that he had no idea what it might have been. Gammons told him it was testosterone and Primobolan. You don't get that stuff over the counter, and never have been able to. Since Rodriguez mentioned GNC a number of times during the interview, I used that as sarcasm. Also, I wouldn't exactly lump Selena Roberts with an everyday paparazzo. She's a respected reporter, and A-Rod made some pretty wild claims about her that would be easily provable if they had happened. Look, as a Yankee fan, I pulled for Rodriguez when everyone else was down on him. I hated it when he let Jason Varitek punk him a few years ago. But, I still don't think he came entirely clean, and it won't change the fact that he did the same thing as all the other players being vilified did -- apology or not.

2 VERY good points....especially the one about the Duke Lacrosse team....never thought of that. Guess that answers any questions about if this woman is capable of stalking A-Rod......:rolleyes:
Actually, it answers nothing. Remember, he just admitted that she was right. And his claims about UM and Miami police involvement should be easy enough to prove if they were true. As far as his being the sexiest name, who says that she was given anything else other than his name? I'm sure if she'd had more names, she would have busted them also.

Last edited:
I wonder if his wife got into Alex's roid stash?

alex_rodriguez_1.jpg

I guess I wasn't far off with this original assumption.

Brian McNamee was on Howard Stern this morning and he admitted that he also shot up Roger Clemens' wife with steroids!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)