Alignment Issue??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
I've setup a few dozen slimlines over the last few years just casually for buddies moving etc. This one here I'm stumped. I'm getting 98% on 101 96% on all 103s but on 99ca I cant peak higher than 70% or 81% on 99cb. I just spent nearly hour trying every combo of adjustments I can think of to no avail. I don't know if it's an los issue or not. Here is a picture of LOS

Any tips ?

Attachments

• 20190711_160455.jpg
    20190711_160455.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 206
The los is probably higher than you think. The actual elevation angle is in the antenna menu setup. Your skew may be off a bit. Are you trying to align the dish with a meter or just the signal strength menu? There are smart phone apps that will locate the satellites for you. They aren't exact, but will give you a good idea of where the sats are.

The los is probably higher than you think. The actual elevation angle is in the antenna menu setup. Your skew may be off a bit. Are you trying to align the dish with a meter or just the signal strength menu? There are smart phone apps that will locate the satellites for you. They aren't exact, but will give you a good idea of where the sats are.

Just using the meters in the menu. Used dish pointer as always to preset the dish

When you say the LOS is likely higher than I think do you mean the tree likely is blocking to an extent ?

Just using the meters in the menu. Used dish pointer as always to preset the dish

When you say the LOS is likely higher than I think do you mean the tree likely is blocking to an extent ?
No, I mean it's probably higher so the alignment is probably the issue. That's why I suggesting using an app to get a general idea of where the sats are located.

Dish is likely bent. I had one I dropped off my counter at work. No physical damage but couldn’t get above 80 on 103 and 99.

Had to get a new dish and it lined up in less than a minute.

Keep in mind I’m using a $500 aim meter

Well I moved it to a spot I thought would be better LOS 103 now lower and 99 now a bit higher. The fall when the leaves clear will tell the tale. If in the fall I can't peak it any better than we will get a new dish.

Well I moved it to a spot I thought would be better LOS 103 now lower and 99 now a bit higher. The fall when the leaves clear will tell the tale. If in the fall I can't peak it any better than we will get a new dish.
It really shouldn't matter what time of year ...
If the leaves are off the trees in the fall and you point it, it won't be any better than if you point it now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)