All are INVITED: Next VOOM Chat Monday 5/31/04 10pm-11pm EST

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
1080iWannabe said:
Anything interesting come out of the chat?? I'm sure those like me who missed it would enjoy reading a summary here or in a new thread.
Absolutely nothing

The next software update is coming REAL soon. It will most likely have the following effects:
  • No more Black Screens
  • Gets rid of 29.97 fps to 30 fps micro-stutter
  • Program Guide will automatically jump to current channel
  • Picture Quality MAY improve
  • Telephone Line connection will most likely be required
  • Picture Adjustment will be fixed (horizontal and verticle alignment)
  • Devine Channel Programming starts today (June 01, 2004)
  • No more digital breakup when switching channels

That's about all I can remember, but I'm sure there's more. Sean, you wanna help me out here? :)

Besides of what Chetk has already stated, I have included a transcript of the entire chat. It is not easy to read but you can go ahea and read it if you like. We had more than 40+ people chatting at one point.

We had Sears representatives and VOOM representatives but they were quiet. We had this chat because there were a lot of rumors flying left and right and we wanted to ensure people that some of it might not come true.

To summarize:

We do not think INHD will come to Voom anytime soon. INHD is exclusively carried by Cable and we do not see why Cable will give this channel to its competitor. Wealth TV HD is not a given either. We heard nothing to this point that will indicate that this will be carried by VOOM.

Scott got strong indication that TMC-HD might be lauched soon but a lot of us pointed out that TNT-HD needs to start showing True HD movies instead of the upconvert movies before they launch TMC-HD.

We all feel that before adding more HD channels (which we are not against it) VOOM should concentrate in resolving the picture quality. We feel very strong that the next move should be going to MPEG-4/WM9 to create more space and to give more space (possibly) to those HD channels that are suffereing front wash out PQ or pixelation.

As to 21 Exclusive Channels Content: there has a few complaints about this but the question is Is there anything better out there to replace them with? Someone said FSN regional networks. I personally don't want that because in my region I would not trade to Knicks and Nets games for the content I get from the 21 Exclusive Channels. We all know that it takes money and time to produce HD material. Most of the new material is found in the first half of the month (1-15) and then the second half of the month most of it is repeated. We think Voom will do better at getting more HD content for these channels.

I think this summarizes everything. We create these chats in order to keep everyone informed. We don't look at it as new "information" will be released at the chat. A lot of times, we know certain information and as much as we would like to post or say it, we cannot. We also like to see more VOOM representatives come to the chat and answer questions to the best they can. We understand that they are also limited to the amount of information that it is allowed to get into the public. This was our Fifth Chat and hopefully will have another one in a month or so.

Attachments

• log.txt
    111.3 KB · Views: 296
so basically we have to come to chat and voice he complaints becuase the reps are too lazy too read the threads. OK i got it.

so basically we have to come to chat and voice the complaints because the reps are too lazy too read the threads. OK i got it.

I missed the part about improving picture quality. how is the new software release going to do that?

With no inhd or hdnet Voom my find a lot of customers headed back to directv when they add HD channels this year or most of them.

vurbano said:
so basically we have to come to chat and voice the complaints because the reps are too lazy too read the threads. OK i got it.

I missed the part about improving picture quality. how is the new software release going to do that?

With no inhd or hdnet Voom my find a lot of customers headed back to directv when they add HD channels this year or most of them.

Not saying that at all. As you have seen, they come here and read threads and read what customers complaints are what they like.

The new software is not going to have a major impact on picture quality but if it takes care of my Green Splash and Black screen, I would say that it did improve my picture quality.

How so? DirecTv will not have INHD either. HDnet is still possible. Negotiations are tough and require agreements. D* first need to catch up by adding: TNT-HD, STARZ-HD, TMC-HD, ENCORE-HD. If you are thinking about NFL and you are a big fan of NFL, D* will have the upper hand there. But my TV HD life is not NFL. I can still watch the games at ESPN-HD and my local CSB and that's enough for me. There are others that are not satisfied with that and if that's your wine then it is. Just think that NFL ticket has been D* exclusive for a long time and it will be until 2006.

D* first need to catch up by adding: TNT-HD, STARZ-HD, TMC-HD, ENCORE-HD.

I couldn't agree more Sean. However, IF DirecTV could get those channels, I'd jump over to them (for the picture quality) and I could get the HDTivo with an excellent easy-to-use GUI.

ChetK said:
I couldn't agree more Sean. However, IF DirecTV could get those channels, I'd jump over to them (for the picture quality) and I could get the HDTivo with an excellent easy-to-use GUI.
Agreed! I want StarzHD and reasonably priced HD TiVo, then I would be “Voom Vapor.”
My Tivo was out of the living room for a total of 4 days after the Voom install, them the wife and I went nuts! It's back .........

Ive seen rumors of INhd coming to D* by the end of the summer. Dont know if its true or not but if it does they would have HDNet and INhd. It wouldnt make sense though.

Thanks for the recap

For those who were unable to attend the chat last night, Thanks for the recap!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)