all Equity (formerly RTN) feeds the real list

Status
Please reply by conversation.
this is the 1 i saw listed not sure if im right or not KBTZ-TV (FOX - Butte) im waiting on a new dish n motor so my system is down right now

Is anyone receiving the RTN channels on Galaxy 26 C band? If so, what receiver are you using? How is the picture quality?

One point of clarification needed - is it Galaxy 28 as mentioned in the original post, or Galaxy 26 as shown in this one? And are the channels still up there, because I've not been able to locate them?

Is this list still accurate?
I was tuned in to channel 28 on the G-28 DVB-S2 mux a couple days ago, and it was WPXI (11-3 Pittsburgh), but I see that as Ch 1 on this list. I guess it's possible I had my channels mixed up. Just curious. I'll have to check it out again.

G28 has the DVB-S2 channels. When G26 partially blowed up everything on C-band moved off that sat

(This post has been edited several times since originally posted)

Ah, okay. For some reason I didn't think I was receiving them but it turned out that I am (was probably checking G26 before). I spent two days confirming the channel listing (there were several changes), see my next message below for the final result.

Almost none of the stations are the primary channel (that is, the one in the .1 position on a DTV tuner), with a couple of exceptions. Most are subchannels (in the .2, .3, or .4 position on the digital tuner). So if you see the call letters of a familiar local station, bear in mind there's a good probability it will not be the main station that you have known and loved for many years. During the wee hours of the AM these all seem to carry infomercials, while at other times most of them carry RTN programming. This was just a bit of a disappointment to me, as I was hoping that there might be some network affiliates or (at very least) some independent local stations in the mix.

The channel list confirmation process was slow going because the Equity folks apparently don't believe in ID's at the bottom of the hour, and they also don't seem to think that the top-of-hour ID needs to be all that close to the :00 point.

One more thing I have discovered is that these channels aren't very tolerant of a weak signal. If the dish is off center by even two or three positioner counts - just a very few "sparklies" on the one remaining analog channel - the digital signals start to break up. By contrast, many other C-band digital transponders can be received perfectly even when the dish is several counts off. If anyone is having trouble receiving these, try bumping the dish very slightly, it could make a huge difference.

Last edited:
Apparently, S2 is very intolerant of weak signal. It is possible that as it becomes more widely used, many of us will have to upgrade our dishes to receive it properly. I guess the MPEG-4 stream, due to the complexity of the compression, leaves less room for error.

NEW station list for Galaxy 28 - Transponder 6 ( C ) Uplink 3820 H 29125 FEC 3/4

These were as observed on November 11 and 12, 2008. All of these appear to be RTN affiliates except where noted. The final number is the local channel assignment (note most of these are NOT in the .1 position on the local dial):

1 WPXI-DT Pittsburgh, PA 11.3
2 WTEN-DT Albany, NY & WCDC-TV Adams, MA 10.3
3 WSET-DT Lynchburg/Danville/Roanoke VA 13.2
4 WSAV-DT Savannah, GA 3.2 (MY network affiliation)
5 WSB-DT Atlanta, GA 2.2
6 WKPT-DT3 19.3 & WOPI-CA 9 Kingsport/Johnson City/Bristol TN
7 WRDQ-DT Orlando, FL 27.2
8 WNWO-DT Toledo, OH 24.2
9 KTUL DTV Tulsa, OK 8.3
10 WHTM-DT Harrisburg, PA 27.2
11 WBAY-DT Green Bay/Fox Cities WI 2.3
12 KEYE-DT Austin, TX 42.2
13 KGPT Wichita, KS 49
14 WSFA-DT Montgomery, AL 12.3
15 KDCG-CA Opelousas/Lafayette LA 22
16 KWWL-DT Waterloo/Dubuque/Cedar Rapids/Iowa City IA 7.3
17 WEHT-DT Evansville, IN 25.2
18 KAZT-DT Prescott, AZ/KAZT-CA Phoenix, AZ 7.2
19 KEYT-DT Santa Barbara, CA 3.2 (dual MY/RTN affiliation?)
20 KIRO-DT Seattle/Tacoma/Everett WA 7.2
21 KAIL-DT Fresno, CA 7.2
22 KRXI-DT Reno, NV 11.2
23 KUSG-DT St. George, UT 9.1
24 WJLA-DT Washington, DC 7.3
25 WXYZ-DT Detroit, MI 7.2
26 WTVX-DT Ft. Pierce/West Palm Beach FL 34.4
27 RTN Feed ??? (no station ID, animated RTN logo during local break, sometimes carries Retro Jams)
28 WKRG-DT Mobile, AL/Pensacola, FL 5.3

all RTN feeds the real list
The last listing says
Galaxy 28 - Transponder 6 ( C ) Uplink 3820 H 29125 FEC 3/4

is this correct or is it galaxy 26 @93.0w

I was checking it out on their RTN's web site RTN Affiliates

It's looks like KTEL-LP will be carrying the RTN's feeds pretty soon here in Albuquerque, NM.:)

Since KTEL-LP will flash cut to digital I won't be suprised they will add subchannels next to Telemundo Spanish programings.

Like this..... channel 47.1 Telemundo Network and 47.2 RTN.

Now the hard part, is when will they flash cut early or wait till 2-17-09?

with Equity's financial situation, they have been requesting a 6 month extension to build digital towers in some areas

but on the satellite posted in the 1st one it isn't....Luken got RTN back up but somewhere else

For C-Banders, the former DVB-S2:8psk mux on G28 has become a DVB-S mux. It looks to be the G3 C-Band Equity mux, only it's a much more stable picture for me. It scanned in as 15 channels, although I didn't discover this, I found it on another site and they had found 10 channels. Which might mean the same since 4-5 channels that I got are dark? And a weathernman was giving weather info spots for different OTA channels around the country, on one of the dark channels. I suspect it might be a feed for INN..???
Might be worth a scan for those with C-Band....!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)