all Equity (formerly RTN) feeds the real list

Status
Please reply by conversation.
For me, I have enough corporate bs in my life. I see no good reason to waste brain cells memorizing an annoying, often misleading secret code.

I agree 100%. 25 years ago I learned the satellites by their names. It came to me naturally. But after that long peroid of time I am not wasting my time learning the numbers that go with their position. Any veteran satellite man should know that at first it was Telestar 5, then IntelSat Americas 5 and now Galaxey 25. Fairly simple for me. Give good ole G18 anytime. ;)

If you scan the 11720 TP on G18 it removes the channels that left (at least on the Coolsat 5000 it did)

removed KMMF, KLMN, KBTZ all Fox affiliates

Max Media took over as of today 7/13/09 and those stations were only available to cable folks. They are now color bars on satellite

Opps, there goes more channels !

If this keeps up there will be almost no channels on Galaxy 18.

What are the two AC3 channels you are talking about ?

-

I just love having to go to Lyngsat to find out what satellite people are discussing. Really I do. I understand why people think they have to communicate in a secret code. Sure. It's part of the charm of this hobby.

I especially like it when I go to Lyngsat and find there is no satellite called "Galaxy 10r".

Really, gentlemen, memorizing old satellite names and/or keeping up on all the mergers, acquisitions and name changes , half of which are done for public relations purposes, is a silly and unnecessary burden.

How hard is it to say "123w"? or "@ 123w"?

For me, I have enough corporate bs in my life. I see no good reason to waste brain cells memorizing an annoying, often misleading secret code.

It's just as easy to refer to the satellite by the longitude position.

Sign me " Standing up for clarity in a world of silly jargon"

Amen for that!

I too have noticed that a lot of channels are going bye-bye on the galaxy 18 satellite.

As long as they leave "this TV" (I think it's KYKK) alone I'll be happy.
Lots of old movies, and that show that's sort of like the Twilight Zone (I can't remember it's name), Mr. Ed, Patty Duke and a few others. :)

There's also another channel on there that plays old movies, the quality is about the same as White Springs. Really adds to the nostalgic atmosphere. :)

As long as I can get those two channels I'm happy. :)

Last edited:
This TV is still on but none of the channels that were bought have audio on them anymore just video. Does anyone know how to get the audio back or did they kill the audio for good. None of the Univision stations or This Tv or even Daystar have audio.

All stations that should have audio do have audio as of 3:37 CDT

2 stations are AC-3 audio (KEYU & KAMT)

uh oh.....those 3 are changing to Daystar

and there goes my wrestling fix for tonite on those chanenls :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts