all Equity (formerly RTN) feeds the real list

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
For C-Banders, the former DVB-S2:8psk mux on G28 has become a DVB-S mux. It looks to be the G3 C-Band Equity mux, only it's a much more stable picture for me. It scanned in as 15 channels, although I didn't discover this, I found it on another site and they had found 10 channels. Which might mean the same since 4-5 channels that I got are dark? And a weathernman was giving weather info spots for different OTA channels around the country, on one of the dark channels. I suspect it might be a feed for INN..???
Might be worth a scan for those with C-Band....!!

Al
is the G3 mux active still? I cant lock it stable right now on the 6 footer. Also do the G28 stuff log channel names or has it moved over as is (like they are on G3?)

Tony, G3 mux is still there. On G3 you get the 6 or so Spanish channels and WBIF and WNGS both THIStv now, and WMQF Fox, and Daystar. Then the rest are Dark with one remaining RTN Red Page of Death left, and a couple currently have a Barker for SKIPORT Media Group.
G28 has 15 channels, and list/log from the scan as TV4, TV5, TV6, TV7, TV9, TV10, TV11, TV12, TV13, TV14, TV101, TV102, TV103, TV104, and TV105.
TV4, TV5, TV7, TV11, TV12 are Univision
TV6 is Telefutura
TV9 is WBIF - THIStv
TV10 is WNGS - THIStv
TV13 is WMQF - Fox
TV14 is Daystar
TV101 is INN-News Control
TV102 is ???? has Monk on, might be a feed?
Tv103, TV104, TV105 are Dark

G3 is near the threshhold
while G28 is very stable

Are there any feeds of Retro Television on C band that can be picked up with a regular DVB receiver that can not do S2 stuff ?

Thanks

Are there any feeds of Retro Television on C band that can be picked up with a regular DVB receiver that can not do S2 stuff ?

Thanks

I read in another thread, that G28 has the mux in regular DVB-S. I tried scanning for them and found them all . . . but I can barely get 30% quality on that transponder. I can get 75% quality on the other transponders on G28 that have some FTA channels, but for some reason I have a problem with the RTN one.

I took a look at it. There was INN bars on one channel. About 3 black screens. The rest was no video. More than 16 channels defined, though. DVB-S

Good news!!!! RTN is coming to Albuquerque's TV market!!:bounce:bow:welcome:hungry:

It will be on KFAC-LD channel 39.1, and it's on the air testing and relaying KTEL-LP on 39.1 for the time being.....

Albuquerque is in top 44th TV market in the country........

No more struggling, on 83*W bird and focus on TV DXing more often......:):hungry:

Are you saying there will be an RTN feed on 123w??????????

Good news!!!! RTN is coming to Albuquerque's TV market!!:bounce:bow:welcome:hungry:

It will be on KFAC-LD channel 39.1, and it's on the air testing and relaying KTEL-LP on 39.1 for the time being.....

Albuquerque is in top 44th TV market in the country........

No more struggling, on 83*W bird and focus on TV DXing more often......:):hungry:

No I have no way if is knowing, is to be on C-band or KU-band, Just local over the air ATSC channel 39.1. here in Albuquerque TV market....

I would not be surprised if my local station, picked up the feeds on C-band or KU band.:):hungry:

Some interesting developments in the Cleveland/Northeast Ohio area..

A pair of Low Power TV stations, WAOH-29 Akron and WAX-35 Cleveland are scheduled to begin airing RTN Monday, June 1. These stations are under common ownership with WNIR-100.1 FM and WJMP-1520 AM Kent/Akron, Ohio..

From TV/Radio news source Ohio Media Watch:

Ohio Media Watch: A TV Thursday

In the meantime, Without warning or prior announcement, WIVM-LP-52 in Canton, Ohio, along with co-owned WIVN-29 New Philadelphia, Ohio and WIVX-65 Loudonville, ohio, started carrying RTN part time yesterday afternoon. These stations are owned by Image Video out of North Canton, Ohio, a local TV production house..

Again, from Ohio Media Watch:
Ohio Media Watch: RTN's Second Cleveland Market Affiliate

While none of these stations do much OTA, parts of Time Warner Cable in Akron (29/35) ,Canton and New Philadelphia (52/29/65)..Carry these stations..Would still prefer to see RTN on a full-power Cleveland/Akron/Canton signal, though..

I would not be surprised if my local station, picked up the feeds on C-band or KU band.:)

thats how they'll get it

If they have a customized schedule they'll be on C-Band DVB-S2. Customized would be if some of the shows are already available on other channels in the market so RTN has to change stuff around
If they just grab the national feed, it will be off of 83W

8000 & 8100 can get them. I can't pick them up as the 6 foot dish is too small :(

but I have issues with G26 C-Band regardless

Good list, hope it holds up! :)

Iceberg, on your four foot C-band dish with the Devo hat, how good are you getting the island networks on G16. The dish I'm trying on is 43" by 38" and I'm still borderline on the networks even with the conical hat for the LNB. Thinking of going up to a 6 foot dish.

I just love this

I just love having to go to Lyngsat to find out what satellite people are discussing. Really I do. I understand why people think they have to communicate in a secret code. Sure. It's part of the charm of this hobby.

I especially like it when I go to Lyngsat and find there is no satellite called "Galaxy 10r".

Really, gentlemen, memorizing old satellite names and/or keeping up on all the mergers, acquisitions and name changes , half of which are done for public relations purposes, is a silly and unnecessary burden.

How hard is it to say "123w"? or "@ 123w"?

For me, I have enough corporate bs in my life. I see no good reason to waste brain cells memorizing an annoying, often misleading secret code.

It's just as easy to refer to the satellite by the longitude position.

Sign me " Standing up for clarity in a world of silly jargon"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)