All SD & HD Channels moved to Harmonic Encoder

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
I was just told to keep an eye open for a message on VOOM Menu. Please take a picture and post.

no new message yet just says hd movie alert and list movie

w

VOOM Message

Can't take a picture of it.. But here it is...

"Technical upgrades completed!"

"VOOM has been adding capacity. If you encounter a black screen, please channel up then down to restore normal reception."

So is this good or bad??? :confused:

Ok. The message is about the new harmonic encoders and I do not know if it will have any other news.

devildogg said:
Is anybody working today?

New menu "" Technical upgrades completed. Voom has been adding capacity. if you encounter a black screen, please channel un then down to restore normal reception. "" that's what is stated as of 12:38pm

I liked this one ...
attachment.php

Credit subdude212

But the real one will be better, as it will be real ...
(And if it says Voom is alive and not the tech note that was just reported.)

JL

penguinbrat said:
Can't take a picture of it.. But here it is...

"Technical upgrades completed!"

"VOOM has been adding capacity. If you encounter a black screen, please channel up then down to restore normal reception."

So is this good or bad??? :confused:

Good Why?

Without Harmonic --- no new channels and no DVR.

vurbano said:
Chuck had to have got the deal done? Why else are they back advertising on the web?

Well, the voomllc site is down ( maybe too many hits ? ) but the Voom site still is up.

vurbano said:
Chuck had to have got the deal done? Why else are they back advertising on the web?
At a minimum I would assume they are at least talking again.

bruce said:
Well, the voomllc site is down ( maybe too many hits ? ) but the Voom site still is up.

Nope - now voomllc.com shows same content as voom.com.

Man this is more exciting than WATCHING Voom!

chevyN8 said:
At a minimum I would assume they are at least talking again.

They were talking before. They did not stop talking. Last night I was told (and I did not want to make this public) that the Finance was already taken care of and that there was an agreement in place and that the only thing remaining was the liabilities which the lawyers were discussing.

James Dolan did what he though was his job to do -- shutting down the operation. He was only doing what he set out to do in the press release because there was no total agreement reached. The fact that the www.voom.com website is back tells me that they have reached an agreement or that there will be more fire coming. (of course, this is only my opinion).

justalurker said:
I liked this one ...
attachment.php

But the real one will be better, as it will be real ...

JL

That's too funny. Here's a pic.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC00074.JPG
    DSC00074.JPG
    168.8 KB · Views: 1,820

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)