ALL VIACOMS HD ARE ON !!!

I can't believe that everyone has been worked up over the past eight days for these awful channels.

I think that's because they promised them by a certain date and failed to come through. Even though I'm glad they are here now I'm still pissed that they weren't here when they promised. It just shows that Dish doesn't care if it's honest to it's customers or not.

I rubbed unicorn tears on my 722 and I got all the new channels with my Turbo HD Gold. So either the unicorn tears helped, or the fact that I went from Americas Top 250 to Turbo Gold in February or I'm just lucky... not sure what the case is, but I won't complain.

I think that's the root of it - I switched from Classic Silver HD to Turbo Silver right after the Turbo packages went publically available to existing subscribers, and I got Fox News HD when it launched and now all the Viacoms.

I'm not sure what they have screwed up behind the scenes on my account, but it's pretty well ingrained, and I like it. I've changed around my add-on stuff, been switched to an EA dish, had my account re-authorized to get my HD locals, and a few other things since then and it hasn't changed anything.

How do I get the rest of the Channels

I have platinum HD only package and I do not qualify for most of the new HD channels. I just dont get it. What do I have to do the get the rest of the packages. I understood that Platinum would get me all new HD channels and yet just like Fox and Fox business I am left out in the rain yet my bill is nearly 100 dollars.

Dont get it!

JC

I have platinum HD only package and I do not qualify for most of the new HD channels. I just dont get it. What do I have to do the get the rest of the packages. I understood that Platinum would get me all new HD channels and yet just like Fox and Fox business I am left out in the rain yet my bill is nearly 100 dollars.

Dont get it!

JC

Then you must be packing on the premiums.

Dont get it!

JC

As it stands now, you have to go to a Classic package with HD to get them.

In a few weeks, I will be crossing over to Dish from Directv. From a national HD persepective. Dish has at least as many if not a few more then Directv. From a soon to be former Directv person, the Viacom HD add and the Noggin split is icing on the cake.

Though for those who subscribe to the HD onyl packages I can see how you may feel you are not getting a good deal. One would think that if you subscribe to an all HD pack you would get the new HD channels?

Again, as with most things with Dish, I just wish they would inform people of what they are doing. How did they decide which channels were added, how can they justify not giving all the channels to the Turbo subs

I think that's the root of it - I switched from Classic Silver HD to Turbo Silver right after the Turbo packages went publically available to existing subscribers, and I got Fox News HD when it launched and now all the Viacoms.

I'm not sure what they have screwed up behind the scenes on my account, but it's pretty well ingrained, and I like it. I've changed around my add-on stuff, been switched to an EA dish, had my account re-authorized to get my HD locals, and a few other things since then and it hasn't changed anything.

I did the same switch as you with different results. You're golden. :)

Nick was the one channel we were missing, for the kids. Looks like they'll still be missing it.

Screw Charlie and DISH! They apparently like to screw their own subs.

Got this from Dish Network...

Effective on Thursday, April 9, 2009, the following channels will launch to customers: Country Music TV HD, VH1 HD, MTV HD, Comedy Central HD, Nickelodeon (East) HD and Spike HD.

newhd0409.png

Dish ... you're killing me! !protest

I would switch to TurboHD in a heart beat if they treated BronzeHD like TurboHD Bronze ... :confused:

Nick is big in my house so I will not switch to TurboHD until that guy is included.

Well, I am DDA Classic Bronze with BronzeHD ... at least I am getting all of them ... it would be nice to pay a little less per month though ...

Dish ... you're killing me! !protest

I would switch to TurboHD in a heart beat if they treated BronzeHD like TurboHD Bronze ... :confused:

Nick is big in my house so I will not switch to TurboHD until that guy is included.

Well, I am DDA Classic Bronze with BronzeHD ... at least I am getting all of them ... it would be nice to pay a little less per month though ...

I think the point is they want the extra $15 per month from you for the Classic package over the Turbo package. I wonder how many new Turbo subs will be surprised when they learn they don't get all the HD available with their package? They wouldn't have offered the Turbo packs at these prices if they weren't making money on them. They are likely making even more by getting subs to stick with the more expensive Classic packages that also contain SD channels with no HD counterpart, they likely get for next to nothing with some exceptions of course, e.g. FX. The kids wanted both MTV and Nick but they can get most everything from the internet for those two channels so they'll settle for that.

I have some sympathy for the Turbo HD crowd. However, people with AEP consistently get screwed. Honestly, I'm glad that people with classic packages are finally getting a bit more as we pay more.

It looks like the Turbo hd and Absolute hd packages were only a good idea for the subs at the time. I am guessing that these packages are starting to cost too much to add all of the channels. Dish will probably keep adding hd to the Classic packages until the Turbo and Absolute are no more.

It looks like the Turbo hd and Absolute hd packages were only a good idea for the subs at the time. I am guessing that these packages are starting to cost too much to add all of the channels. Dish will probably keep adding hd to the Classic packages until the Turbo and Absolute are no more.

I agree, they probably want these Turbo packages to eventually disappear. To me, it looks like somebody made a mistake with these packages and they're now trying to fix it. We'll have a lot of pissed off customers but that's just the way I see it.

Flaming suit on. :)

I find it puzzling that they keep adding channels to the Absolute package. The only reason that I can think of as to why is that Dish is losing customers so they want to try to keep as many as they can with carrots here and there.

I was DDA TurboHD Gold until the Fox News HD fiasco, I then switched to DDA Classic Bronze and BronzeHD more out of principle. Technically I am paying less. That was my, albeit small, way of "sticking it" to Dish. At the time of the switch I was getting less HD; however, after all is said and done, if Dish continues the practice of adding more HD to BronzeHD versus TurboHD I am getting a better deal with BronzeHD and will eventually end up with more HD on the BronzeHD package than the TurboHD Gold folks will get and I will be paying less! Dish is not making any sense to me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)