ALL VIACOMS HD ARE ON !!!

The HD Absolute packages was actually not supposed to get any of the new channels.

Do you think that the reason for some subs getting the new hd channels like the absolute hd subs and turbo hd subs are not, is because of a technical limitations on DISH's part? I remember when most subs couldn't get Turbo hd packs for just hd till last February. I don't see why DISH would purposely cause subs to leave over this disparity in hd channels. Why would you want to piss more subs off in the worst economic times DISH has ever seen?

Not getting MTV, VH1, or Nick. Nor am I getting BET which was added today. And I still don't have FOX News HD or FOX Business HD from the last uplink.

I've seen no HD at all on BET Jazz.

This is just my theory, but I've yet to see anyone or any evidence to refute it...

BET-J HD doesn't exist- yet. There are several websites that track announced and launched HD channels, and BET-J HD has never been mentioned anywhere. Viacom has never issued a press release announcing it's launch (as they did with Comedy Central). If you do a Google search for the channel, EVERYTHING that comes up is related to DISH. And AVS has recently added it to their channel grid...DISH is the only carrier. Plus, it just doesn't make sense that they would launch BET-J HD BEFORE they launch BET HD.

DISH is essentially just upconverting the standard feed until the HD feed is available. This is what they did with WFN...the first 3 or 4 months of WFN, it was clearly an SD channel (lots of letterboxed programming, but no actual widescreen). After a while, the logo changed form WFN to WFN-HD, and they suddenly had plenty of actual HD programming.

I don't get Platinum anymore...can anyone confirm that the logo NEVER shows "HD" I think that's the proof, as the other Viacom channels have HD logos. from what I've seen.

Well, I'm happy for all you folks down there in the lower 48........but this just means that there are even more HD channels that we don't get up here in the great white north:rolleyes:

This is just my theory, but I've yet to see anyone or any evidence to refute it...

BET-J HD doesn't exist- yet. There are several websites that track announced and launched HD channels, and BET-J HD has never been mentioned anywhere. Viacom has never issued a press release announcing it's launch (as they did with Comedy Central). If you do a Google search for the channel, EVERYTHING that comes up is related to DISH. And AVS has recently added it to their channel grid...DISH is the only carrier. Plus, it just doesn't make sense that they would launch BET-J HD BEFORE they launch BET HD.

DISH is essentially just upconverting the standard feed until the HD feed is available. This is what they did with WFN...the first 3 or 4 months of WFN, it was clearly an SD channel (lots of letterboxed programming, but no actual widescreen). After a while, the logo changed form WFN to WFN-HD, and they suddenly had plenty of actual HD programming.

I don't get Platinum anymore...can anyone confirm that the logo NEVER shows "HD" I think that's the proof, as the other Viacom channels have HD logos. from what I've seen.

EDIT:

No, BET HD just got added today. BET-J HD was added weeks ago. It was mentioned in several press releases.

BET-J has completely separate content from BET. BET-J is mostly 4:3 music (not necessarily jazz) focused content. BET is mostly reality shows, TV re-runs, older movies and (lots of!) infomercials.

It's an interesting theory. It would almost make sense. Did Dish actually upconvert WFN HD, or did WFN simply run an upconverted simulcast for awhile then add the HD logo?

Dish will probably keep adding hd to the Classic packages until the Turbo and Absolute are no more.
They would have to change direction from what they did last night to do that, because we got half of the new HD. That doesn't lead down the road of 'no more' in my book.

Mixed feelings. Glad to finally have Comedy Central. But that doesn't quite make up for the price hike 2 months after signing up.

You aren't getting screwed, Absolute subs were told they weren't getting anything new after the first of the year (1/1/09). Absolute subs should be happy as larks that they are actually getting some new channels!

TurboHD subs = DISH's whipping boy
I'm super happy, hence chiming in on the 'happy Absolute' count going on in another thread. I think we're up to about 40 members giving their +1.

No we are not getting screwed at all. But we were told a rare update last year that actually contained future plans. In this case the future plan has not been carried out. Kinda reminds me of the future plan from last Charlie Chat about HD by 1 April. That wasn't carried out either (or had you not heard yet :D). Lol!

They would have to change direction from what they did last night to do that, because we got half of the new HD. That doesn't lead down the road of 'no more' in my book.
I pointed this out either earlier in this thread or another one, but now the net difference is lower. In other words, Classic Bronze for example had 16 fewer unique HD channels than Turbo Gold. Dish gives Turbo packages 3 new HDs, but gives classic bronze 8 new ones. Now the net difference is down to 14. They aren't eliminating channels, per se, but at this rate, the Classic packages will be cheaper and have more HD; even those on different tier levels (like Bronze Classic vs. Turbo Gold).

The HD Absolute packages was actually not supposed to get any of the new channels.
That claim has been long since broken, thankfully (for once). Like I posted last night, it looks like Absolute HD is equal to or better than Turbo.

When I saw snoopy dancing, it made me think of how "Happy, Happy, Happy..." I am.
Enjoy:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U9qDhYB6-I"]YouTube - The Rain, The Park & Other Things Flower Girl The Cowsills[/ame]

I'm guessing the answer is 'no', but is there any theories/guesses/info as to if Turbo folks will ever get the rest of Viacom?
A CSR during my chat session informed me that there are no plans to change the current lineup; not for the Viacom or Fox News suites. That is probably worthless info, but is as close as I can come to a guess: never.

I'm guessing the answer is 'no', but is there any theories/guesses/info as to if Turbo folks will ever get the rest of Viacom? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palladia

+1.... It would seem as other have said E* is trying to drive Tubo subs back to cCassic pkg's so they can phase the TurboHD packages out.

For what ever reason they have lost intrest in any ALL HD pkg's which in business only means one thing....the margins are too small.

+1.... It would seem as other have said E* is trying to drive Tubo subs back to cCassic pkg's so they can phase the TurboHD packages out.

For what ever reason they have lost intrest in any ALL HD pkg's which in business only means one thing....the margins are too small.
My problem with this theory is then why would they add any channels at all? And particularly, why the 3 that they chose? It really makes more sense if you think about E* as an irrational entity that does things randomly to irritate customers. That is my new theory.

Why would they continue to offer the Turbo package if they are trying to drive subs over to classic?

I know E* doesn't make sense a lot of times, but they would at least close the door like they did on Absolute HD if they were phasing it out.

-My 2 cents

Why would they continue to offer the Turbo package if they are trying to drive subs over to classic?

I know E* doesn't make sense a lot of times, but they would at least close the door like they did on Absolute HD if they were phasing it out.

-My 2 cents

It wouldn't be like E* to be operating contrary marketing programs would it? :rolleyes:

Seriously...this is the net effect of that they are doing and it isnt even in there best interest (bottom line)

i.e. I have TuboHD Silver...If I switch to Classic Bronze with HD I will get MORE HD channels for LESS MONEY than I do now.

What message does that tell you?