ALL VIACOMS HD ARE ON !!!

It is kinda both, if you can imagine that. The picture looks like it should be wide screen in many cases (ie, nifty black bars on the top and bottom), but the whole thing is stuffed within pillar boxes. So it is kind of like wide screen being mushed, and then shown back on a wide screen, resulting in a horrible black frame all around the channel... I feel like I have a 17" tv while watching that channel (which I only do to look for any sign of hd content).

Then it is NOT stretched. You're describing a letterboxed program on a 4:3 channel...like TCM. And...as I have believed all along...it's just the SD feed upconverted.

Weird...wonder why BET-HD is stretched.

Little of topic, but I was at my parents house getting a crash course on Dish's DVR's in prep for my upcoming install. Quick question, what purpose does the 9000 locaction channels serve. Testing? Just wondering

I agree with you GaryZ06. I am not here every day either. My last log in was back in February. The new HD channels are great, but Speed was the main channel that I was looking for.

Nick HD out of sync

Like certain movie channels on Dish, Nick HD is out of sync (voice to pic) on my 622. About as annoying as the Cartoon Network "HD" channel that is just a justified stretch of their SD channel, which means there's no way to make the picture look correct on any TV if it's a 16:9 show like many on adult swim.

Back to the SD channel until they fix this.

Nice answer....I'm not on here everyday so I'm not up to the latest news....I just noticed today that we got some more HD channels so I was curious about Speed.....Thanks

At best, you were completely off topic. At worst, you were off topic, and lazy, and/or beating a dead horse.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you were off topic. :)