Alternative to 129w ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Some just don't understand the FTA and dish fever.

I didn't either until it snuck in from behind and caught me up in it it's sticky web.. :whistle:

Oh, and I talked to my dad this evening. He's going to have some tree people come over this week to survey my yard and give us an estimate to take down ALL the trees within my fence (4 large oaks) and cut/top the trees down the sides that are blocking my LOS for both east and west. Within a few weeks I should have a clear shot at almost all the satellites except that one way over in Alaska.

Now will that really happen? I'm not holding my breath just yet...

Hope you get a better rate than in my neck of the woods where it's $500 per tree plus another 50% for taking it away.

$500 a tree would be a bargain! I would be suspicious of anyone charging so little. It's more likely gonna run like $2,000 per tree.. :(

$500 a tree would be a bargain! I would be suspicious of anyone charging so little. It's more likely gonna run like $2,000 per tree.. :(

I used a great guy for several years that took down 5-6 big trees for around $500.00...cut, hauled away, bucket truck, chipper, insured etc. Unfortunately, while here last fall, he developed a serious blood pressure/heart problem and had to "retire" on the spot. $2000 is a blatant rip-off.

I used a great guy for several years that took down 5-6 big trees for around $500.00...cut, hauled away, bucket truck, chipper, insured etc. Unfortunately, while here last fall, he developed a serious blood pressure/heart problem and had to "retire" on the spot. $2000 is a blatant rip-off.

Man, that's CHEAP!! I would jump on that in a heart beat! I'm thinking it's going to cost well over $5,000 to get my trees removed. If not much more.. :(

Man, that's CHEAP!! I would jump on that in a heart beat! I'm thinking it's going to cost well over $5,000 to get my trees removed. If not much more.. :(

Then you are the ULTIMATE Chump!!!! Get Bids!!!

You can't rely on tabs to work even with a code tag. You have to use spaces.

Given that we can't move the satellites, we either have to remove the obstructions or move ourselves.

Yes, I'm accepted that as my fate. Now the problem is finding someone to cut the trees down without robbing us blind.
My dad is going to pay to have it done and he's going to use some guys that cut down all the trees at his house a few years ago after hurricane Ike.
He was happy with the job they did. I just don't know how much it cost them but I'm sure it wasn't cheap.
I have three very large oaks to cut down and stumps removed, three other oak tree stumps to grind (cut down after hurricane Rita) and a LOT of trees growing in the neighbors yards but are hanging over my fence into my yard and obscuring my satellite dishes.

One problem is going to be that there is NO WAY to get a cherry picker truck or any sort of motorized vehicle into my back yard any wider than a large riding mower. So they are going to have to climb the trees to cut them.
Getting my neighbors permission to climb their trees, I dunno. As for cutting them, I have the legal right to do so and they can't stop me from doing so. But they can forbid the workers from coming into their yards to climb up.
So, I don't know how this will work out.

Y

One problem is going to be that there is NO WAY to get a cherry picker truck or any sort of motorized vehicle into my back yard any wider than a large riding mower.
From your pics, they can get them from the street with a BUCKET TRUCK.

Did you do this install yourself?? I find it hard to believe a sub or in house would put up three separate dishes. If you put it up, why would you point 129 into a tree?? Seems like your own fault to me. You could try relocating the dish to a better part of the roof clear of the tree, or buy a chainsaw. You could also get a shotgun and shoot off the infringing tree branches. Or spin the dish to pick up 72.7. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I have 3 dishes and last night was proof there is an excellent reason. The area had rain, hail, & tornadoes. I didn't loose signal once off my spotbeam EA for DFW. The dish that gets those channels is a .9m. Mine are not on a roof, they are mounted on the ground using a non-penetraiting mount.

Last edited:
All you need to do is top the one tree that is in the way of 129 by a few feet. If you want hit some on the one below 119 while there. As far as stumps you are talking about just have them cut off to the ground and leave the roots to rot in the ground. BTW top the tree around 2 or 3 ft below line of sight. Screw the neighbors if they are "volunteer trees" They will probably never notice what has been done. In fact cut the whole arc if you are hiring somebody to do it. Also something you might check w/ the city what the ruling is about trees some have laws about keep the yard kept up. Which would put you in the area of "I'm doing you a favor neighbor".

All you need to do is top the one tree that is in the way of 129 by a few feet. If you want hit some on the one below 119 while there. As far as stumps you are talking about just have them cut off to the ground and leave the roots to rot in the ground. BTW top the tree around 2 or 3 ft below line of sight. Screw the neighbors if they are "volunteer trees" They will probably never notice what has been done. In fact cut the whole arc if you are hiring somebody to do it. Also something you might check w/ the city what the ruling is about trees some have laws about keep the yard kept up. Which would put you in the area of "I'm doing you a favor neighbor".

There is a very large oak tree that is overhanging my C-band dishes.
I hate the oak trees, period. I want them gone, period. For more reasons than I care to list, I hate them and I want them gone.
The trees on the sides along the fence, they are going to get cut, a LOT. Not just a little, a whole lot. As much as I can have cut off of them, I want em cut down.

Also, there is no way to reach them from the road as someone else mentioned. It's an easy 100 feet from the street to the trees in the back.

But whatever. My dad will have some guys come out and I'll show them what I want cut down and they'll give us an estimate and we'll go with it from there.
If they can do it and my dad approves their bid, CUT EM DOWN!!!!

There is a very large oak tree that is overhanging my C-band dishes.
I hate the oak trees, period. I want them gone, period. For more reasons than I care to list, I hate them and I want them gone.
The trees on the sides along the fence, they are going to get cut, a LOT. Not just a little, a whole lot. As much as I can have cut off of them, I want em cut down.

Also, there is no way to reach them from the road as someone else mentioned. It's an easy 100 feet from the street to the trees in the back.

But whatever. My dad will have some guys come out and I'll show them what I want cut down and they'll give us an estimate and we'll go with it from there.
If they can do it and my dad approves their bid, CUT EM DOWN!!!!
I understand you feelings about oaks. I have a similar felling about them. At the med center I go to they planted a bunch of those damn things. I just look at all the acorns on the ground and go WTF did they put those in in W. TX. They suck water and drop all the acorns. If they had had any sense at all they would've put in fruitless mulberries. They grow faster, shade just as well, don't suck as much water, and don't dump S on the ground.

I understand you feelings about oaks. I have a similar felling about them. At the med center I go to they planted a bunch of those damn things. I just look at all the acorns on the ground and go WTF did they put those in in W. TX. They suck water and drop all the acorns. If they had had any sense at all they would've put in fruitless mulberries. They grow faster, shade just as well, don't suck as much water, and don't dump S on the ground.

There are a MILLION little oaks trying to come up from the acorns they dropped last fall. ALL over my yard and especially in my garden and patio. After my mom passed away I brought all of her plants here. Right after, the acorn rain began. Now I have to spend hours every day plucking the d*mn things out of my mom's plants and my flower beds. They are WORSE than weeds!

They also play host to tons of squirrels which are nothing short of vermin that needs to die. Those extremely destructive, disease carrying rodents chewed through the eaves of my house and infested my attic, they raised holy h*ll up there, they made so much noise that I couldn't sleep. They chewed all the power wires up, tore up all the insulation, made nests and filled my attic with stinking poop and pee. A few even died up there and made the whole house STINK!

My dog has killed a few but not nearly enough! I wish she would kill every one of them but I'm also worried about her getting a disease from one. She only catches about one a year, they are fast and have learned to keep an eye out for her.

They have also spidered out roots and cracked the slab of my house, severely. They also got into the sewer lines and that has caused me grief for a long time.

They have also been giving me grief with my C-band dishes ever since I got into that. They hang waaaaaay over. I had a limb cut down that was blocking me from getting 87w and that was cool but now my two favorite channels are moving from 87w to 101w and once again, there's the oak tree, right in the way.

I've bloody well had it with them. They go. I want them gone, I want the roots and stumps removed so I can mow my yard without tearing up my new $3,400 John Deere.

The neighbors trees are trash trees that everyone was too lazy to cut down over the years. Birds eat seeds, sit on the fence and poop them out. Bingo. Tree problem. Before satellite dishes, no one cared, it didn't matter.
Well, those trees are gonna get a hard core chop job. CHOP CHOP MOFO!!

Chop chop!
Who's there?
Mr. Axe.
Mr. Axe who?
Mr. Axe you're gonna DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game over Mr. Tree...

I'm p:censored:ed and I'm going to do something about it..

There are a MILLION little oaks trying to come up from the acorns they dropped last fall. ALL over my yard and especially in my garden and patio. After my mom passed away I brought all of her plants here. Right after, the acorn rain began. Now I have to spend hours every day plucking the d*mn things out of my mom's plants and my flower beds. They are WORSE than weeds!

They also play host to tons of squirrels which are nothing short of vermin that needs to die. Those extremely destructive, disease carrying rodents chewed through the eaves of my house and infested my attic, they raised holy h*ll up there, they made so much noise that I couldn't sleep. They chewed all the power wires up, tore up all the insulation, made nests and filled my attic with stinking poop and pee. A few even died up there and made the whole house STINK!

My dog has killed a few but not nearly enough! I wish she would kill every one of them but I'm also worried about her getting a disease from one. She only catches about one a year, they are fast and have learned to keep an eye out for her.

They have also spidered out roots and cracked the slab of my house, severely. They also got into the sewer lines and that has caused me grief for a long time.

They have also been giving me grief with my C-band dishes ever since I got into that. They hang waaaaaay over. I had a limb cut down that was blocking me from getting 87w and that was cool but now my two favorite channels are moving from 87w to 101w and once again, there's the oak tree, right in the way.

I've bloody well had it with them. They go. I want them gone, I want the roots and stumps removed so I can mow my yard without tearing up my new $3,400 John Deere.

The neighbors trees are trash trees that everyone was too lazy to cut down over the years. Birds eat seeds, sit on the fence and poop them out. Bingo. Tree problem. Before satellite dishes, no one cared, it didn't matter.
Well, those trees are gonna get a hard core chop job. CHOP CHOP MOFO!!

Chop chop!
Who's there?
Mr. Axe.
Mr. Axe who?
Mr. Axe you're gonna DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Game over Mr. Tree...

I'm p:censored:ed and I'm going to do something about it..
Chainsaws are better. :D Cut them flush w/the ground leave roots in the ground otherwise you have a big hole to fill up.

Chainsaws are better. :D Cut them flush w/the ground leave roots in the ground otherwise you have a big hole to fill up.

When they ground the stumps at my parents house a few years ago after taking down several big pine trees, they must have filled in the holes with the chippings because now a few years later you can't tell that there were ever trees there.

One thing I could do where the biggest oak is in the middle of my backyard, is put in a lily, lotus and koi pond in that spot. Most of the digging would be done for me. :D

Living in a particularly tree infested part of the country, I have found that LOS wonders can be worked with a 12 gauge shotgun....but it seems like a very simple solution would be to just plant a 1-3/8" chain link post in the ground where you have LOS and aim an 18" dish and bingo it's done....what's one more anyway with your very large array?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)