Am I The Only One Upset About Not Having All of This in the ChoiceXTRA package?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mojo Jojo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
US
First, let me say that I am happy to finally become a member after reading the forum for quite some time! :)

My relatives who happen to be with E* recently needed help with getting a package which better suited their viewing needs. So, I helped with doing so although we have D*. I told them that the Classic Gold 250 package was a pretty good deal after noticing that The Movie Channel West, The Movie Channel Xtra West (which to my knowledge is not even offered on D*), Encore West, Encore Westerns, Encore Action, Encore Mystery, Encore Drama, Encore Love, and Encore Wam. They already paid $10 extra for HD with E*, and when changing the base package to the Classic Gold 250, they got more HD channels including Encore. D* also does not have Hallmark Movie Channel which we had with cable before. I also think they get ESPN U along with other channels that I am clueless about in the same package. I also wish that D* had Sí TV due to some of the series they play on there like Resurrection Blvd.

Also, Palladia HD is included in E*'s lowest HD package. Why is it extra on D*? I also think it would be nice to see some other channels that D* does not offer in HD that E* has like WGN.

I loved D* at first, but lately, I fear that it is going downhill. E* has been adding channels very much lately while D* has not been doing much lately (except with the NBA TV channel coming soon). I have not added many channels to my favorite list in a while; if anything, I finally deleted all those infomerical channels from my favorites listed. I sent a message to D* about the Encore situation before, but I think other D* customers are not aware that E* has them in a similar comparable package. So, I thought maybe if members on here contacted D* (if you really want to) that it would possibly help in getting D* to add the Encore channels at least to the ChoiceXTRA package. Just some food for thought...

P.S. The following past D* press release also upset me:
http://dtv.client.shareholder.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=286351
It just seems like a broken promise to me.....=(

First, let me say that I am happy to finally become a member after reading the forum for quite some time! :)

My relatives who happen to be with E* recently needed help with getting a package which better suited their viewing needs. So, I helped with doing so although we have D*. I told them that the Classic Gold 250 package was a pretty good deal after noticing that The Movie Channel West, The Movie Channel Xtra West (which to my knowledge is not even offered on D*), Encore West, Encore Westerns, Encore Action, Encore Mystery, Encore Drama, Encore Love, and Encore Wam. They already paid $10 extra for HD with E*, and when changing the base package to the Classic Gold 250, they got more HD channels including Encore. D* also does not have Hallmark Movie Channel which we had with cable before. I also think they get ESPN U along with other channels that I am clueless about in the same package. I also wish that D* had Sí TV due to some of the series they play on there like Resurrection Blvd.

Also, Palladia HD is included in E*'s lowest HD package. Why is it extra on D*? I also think it would be nice to see some other channels that D* does not offer in HD that E* has like WGN.

I loved D* at first, but lately, I fear that it is going downhill. E* has been adding channels very much lately while D* has not been doing much lately (except with the NBA TV channel coming soon). I have not added many channels to my favorite list in a while; if anything, I finally deleted all those infomerical channels from my favorites listed. I sent a message to D* about the Encore situation before, but I think other D* customers are not aware that E* has them in a similar comparable package. So, I thought maybe if members on here contacted D* (if you really want to) that it would possibly help in getting D* to add the Encore channels at least to the ChoiceXTRA package. Just some food for thought...

The DIRECTV Group, Inc. - DIRECTV to Offer 11 HBO/Cinemax Channels in HD

Encore is a Premium channel subscription, why would they add a Movie channel package to the Choice Extra package ?

Encore is a Premium channel subscription, why would they add a Movie channel package to the Choice Extra package ?

I wish D* would since their competition (E*) does. With E*, the list of Encore channels I included in my message are in their Classic Gold 250 base package which is not a premium channel package. I was very surprised by that at first; I must admit. For some reason, Encore East is not included in the Gold 250 (SD) base package (which I believe is the same price or possibly a dollar more than ChoiceXTRA), but with HD and the Gold 250 base package, it is included. The east feeds of The Movie Channel and the The Movie Channel Xtra to my knowledge are not included in the Gold 250 base package either although the west feeds are. I would be happy if D* would do the same is all (although The Movie Channel Xtra is not currently offered on D*).

Yup, E* does have all the Encore channels as non-premiums in the Gold 250 pack. It doesn't make sense, nor does the fact that E* has Hallmark Movie Channel HD, Lifetime HD, and Travel HD, WGN HD and also ESPNU without an extra sports add-on while D* does not. At this point, there doesn't seem to be an advantage for HD channels for D* over E*. If anything, E* has surpassed them with HD. I really was considering getting D*, but they don't even have locals yet while E* does where I am. The only thing I'm not sure about is the SD quality between the two. I know that I've seen E*'s SD and was not at all impressed. The only SD of D*'s I've seen has been on CRT's and it looks great to me.

The DIRECTV Group, Inc. - DIRECTV to Offer 11 HBO/Cinemax Channels in HD

Dish packages are Dish's packages and DirecTV packages are DirecTV's.:rolleyes:

Do you think Dish subscriber's are upset cause they can't get Logo,Fittv,Fuel,PBS Sprout,T101(Concerts&Series),TV1, BETJazz(SD)?.How about The Smithsonian Channel(HD) and HBO Family West(SD)?.
When DirecTV subscriber's subscribe to any Premium Movie Service they also get The Sundance Channel included?.:)

You see when I was with Dish I wanted to be able to get an all national basic's channel package only and not have to pay for some movie channels I did not want.My only answer was to go with DirecTV for this option which is one of the reasons I left Dish(there were also other other reasons).DirecTV to me has the better packages because I can pay for what I want and not have to have anything I don't want.:rolleyes::welcome

I don't get why you guys jump all over the OP on this one. The statements are true. In a comparable package, E* does offer channels that D* does not. Additionally, D* tooted its horn pretty loudly when the new sats went up. The press release speaks volumes about the deception that continues with the HBO suite. Where, after all of these years are the missing Cinemax and HBO channels that E* already offers.

For me...MLB EI will keep me with D* for years to come, but these sticking points are certainly worth more than a few lame jabs.

DirecTV to me has the better packages because I can pay for what I want and not have to have anything I don't want.:rolleyes::welcome

OK...So my wife wants LMN, I want ESPN and the kids want Nickelodian. I don't want to pay for "all of the extra channels". Which package would that be?

If they have the stations you want at the price you want then switch to them.

DirecTV has their reasons, Dish has theirs. None of us are privy to why they do what they do.

One thing is certain, with the amount of subs Dish has been hemorrhaging they will need some advantages to stay alive and competitive. That is a good thing as we the consumer gain when they compete.

Well, let me tell you a little known fact about that Encore movie pak with E*. If you don't want the top 250 pak you can add the encore pak to any other package for only $5 a month. There are some pretty sweet movies on there for only $5 a month.

I don't get why you guys jump all over the OP on this one. The statements are true. In a comparable package, E* does offer channels that D* does not. Additionally, D* tooted its horn pretty loudly when the new sats went up. The press release speaks volumes about the deception that continues with the HBO suite. Where, after all of these years are the missing Cinemax and HBO channels that E* already offers.

For me...MLB EI will keep me with D* for years to come, but these sticking points are certainly worth more than a few lame jabs.

Didn't think I jumped on the OP ...

Do you think Dish subscriber's are upset cause they can't get Logo,Fittv,Fuel,PBS Sprout,T101(Concerts&Series),TV1, BETJazz(SD)?.How about The Smithsonian Channel(HD) and HBO Family West(SD)?.
When DirecTV subscriber's subscribe to any Premium Movie Service they also get The Sundance Channel included?.:)
No Because, UP above is the lamest channel list I've ever seen.
I'd Rather Have All the Encore, and The Movie Channels,ESPNU, Outdoor, Then the Crap you just listed above.:p
Or Pay D* $15 for HBO Family West SD, When for $10 per month with E* I can get , HBO,HBO2,HBO Signature,HBO West,HBO Comedy,HBO Family,HBO ZONE, all in HD.:p:p:p

I suspect that most of the people replying are defending their current satellite provider. As another poster said, there are plusses and minuses for each provider.

E* does have the advantage on movie channels - more channels (& in HD) for less money than D*. And does look very bad for D* to put out a press release 2 years ago touting movie channels that they still don't have.

Also, apparently E*'s hardware is better than D*, but being able to remote schedule your DVR with D* seems pretty cool. And also Media Share & DIREC2PC.

But, believe it or not PBS Kids Sprout is very important to some 5 year olds in this house, and MLB Network & getting all of my local teams' games in HD is very important to me. Along with the option of getting MLBEI. And things like the Masters channels that were just suddenly there. If you are sports minded, there is no contest.

Also, an actual selection of 1080p movies (and some downloaded via satellite) is nice too. Plus the differences in web site account management & customer service are much better thus far with D*. And not as many fees with D*.

See there I go, defending my new satellite provider.

The Encore channels not being on Directv is kind of weird as Dish and my local cable providers all have them in their Digital tier as a standard channel.

Whats even worse is that Liberty media owns encore and d* but e* gets a sweeter deal with the encore channels

No Because, UP above is the lamest channel list I've ever seen.
I'd Rather Have All the Encore, and The Movie Channels,ESPNU, Outdoor, Then the Crap you just listed above.:p
Or Pay D* $15 for HBO Family West SD, When for $10 per month with E* I can get , HBO,HBO2,HBO Signature,HBO West,HBO Comedy,HBO Family,HBO ZONE, all in HD.:p:p:p

Each person has their likes,just like I have no interest in anything HD.;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts