Amazon’s New Kindle Fire and Kindle Paperwhite

And now Engadget is reporting that Amazon has had a change of heart and will allow Fire HD owners to pay $15 to opt out of the lock screen ads.

Im not a fan of tablets, but the wife has used her HP Touchpad for a long time and loves it, so I figure it's time for an upgrade. I just preordered the Fire HD 8.9" and a nice bright Persimmon case for her as a Christmas present.

Im not a fan of tablets, but the wife has used her HP Touchpad for a long time and loves it, so I figure it's time for an upgrade. I just preordered the Fire HD 8.9" and a nice bright Persimmon case for her as a Christmas present.

She ought to be happy.:)

I figure so. I bought the Touchpad on firesale, and she uses it for everything, even recipes off the web while cooking in the kitchen. The new Fire HD should be a nice upgrade.

Jason Whiddon said:
I figure so. I bought the Touchpad on firesale, and she uses it for everything, even recipes off the web while cooking in the kitchen. The new Fire HD should be a nice upgrade.
I'd be curious to see how she likes it. My sister has the Touchpad acquired at close-out and she loves it. As long as the surfing and e-mail works, the rest of the Amazon experience would be a bonus for her.

I think she will love it, she is on her tablet right now. I had the 7" Kindle, and like I said, I just dont like tablets (on my laptop right now), but it was zippy and worked great IMO. I think she will see it as a big upgrade when its all over and itll offer more enjoyment. A couple of things about the HP are still buggy, and it pretty much has no support now. She mainly surfs the web and facebooks, so itll be right up her alley.

The kindle fire is pretty good for surfing and email.Granted it's nowhere close to being on an amd quad core hardwired.:D

Ill be curious to see how the new 8.9" HD looks and acts. Maybe its what will finally get me into tablets.

I'm sure it'll be nice and should be respectable on performance.However there are several tablets coming with quad core cpus around the same price point.I figure around black Friday we should see some really nice deals on tablets.

Looks like the 8.9" is starting to ship today, 5 days early, according to Cnet. Mine was set for a 11/20 ship, but my date in Amazon orders has not been updated to anything earlier yet.

Wife likes it so far, nice screen and great size.

I got bored Saturday and took her old HP Touchpad and installed Cyangenmod 9 (Android with google apps) on it. Man its snappy and nice. Really like an upgrade to an old tablet.

While at Best Buy yesterday took a peek at the new Paperwhite. Awesome display with the light on. :up

Didn't really get to check out the new menu system or even find out what setting the light was on. Someone had changed it to French language.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts