Amazon’s New Kindle Fire and Kindle Paperwhite

I snagged one... :) didn't really need the bigger or the HD versions.

You'll really like it I think. I am planning on upgrading to a HD model soon, and probably the bigger one.

Yep that is the way mine is. It has books and video on it. I lay in bed sometimes when I can sleep and watch star trek TNG on it off of prime.;)

Yea the kindle fire is great.Lots of entertainment besides books and video as well.

Yep I have several games on there too. Always something to keep me busy when I can't sleep.

Yeah I was looking at the Kindle Fire HD 8.9 for my daughter for Christmas but I went with the Nook HD + instead. This will keep her from having to use our Win 8 Tablets and PC's,Laptops so forth. She really likes to read and play games so I think she will enjoy it. :)

I use the 7 inch Fire HD. I really like it and I do a lot of reading on it, from my morning paper to lots of books. The web is pretty nice on it and tapatalk is great for forums. There are no satelliteguys or Dish sling adapter apps yet though.

I highly recommend a Prime membership with this device. It gets you the streaming service but it also gets you lots of free books. You can check one out per month and if it takes you longer than that to finish you can keep it as long as you want. You just can't get another free book until you return the last one. Not every book is available for prime but they do have a decent selection.

I use the 7 inch Fire HD. I really like it and I do a lot of reading on it, from my morning paper to lots of books. The web is pretty nice on it and tapatalk is great for forums. There are no satelliteguys or Dish sling adapter apps yet though.

I highly recommend a Prime membership with this device. It gets you the streaming service but it also gets you lots of free books. You can check one out per month and if it takes you longer than that to finish you can keep it as long as you want. You just can't get another free book until you return the last one. Not every book is available for prime but they do have a decent selection.

There aren't any approved amazon apps available yet,however all you have to do is slide the dish remote access and satguys app to your kindle and both work fine.

What is with this $15 you have to pay to not have ads? Do you still have to pay it if you are an Amazon Prime member?

What is with this $15 you have to pay to not have ads? Do you still have to pay it if you are an Amazon Prime member?

Don't quote me Ramy but,I believe you would still have to pay the $15 to remove the ads.Honestly the aren't that big of a deal to me.You only see them when the kindle comes on,can skip them pretty quick.

Yeah. I paid it for the wife, I hate ads. I was also pissed they sent it to me with no wall charger (guess I missed the fine print), and then sent me a $10 off coupon AFTER I ordered it. I sent em a nasty gram so they applied the $10 rebate to my charger order.

That fire is a really good price.

Yes it was. I got one for Christmas. Still learning it but it seems really good. One thing that it doesn't have is a flash player. I can't watch ESPN3 and some other things because of that. I tried to download Adobe Flash but it wouldn't let me. Is there someway I can put flash on it so I can watch ESPN3 or MLBTV? Forgive me if this is a dumb question. I'm just getting updated into the 21st century and trying to learn evrything at once it seems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)