AMC 21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Im getting great signal here.... now if they can bump up the power a bit on some transpoders we would be all good.

12179 v 30.001

82 sig, 82 quality

12139 v 30.000
(pbs HD)
82 sig, 58 quality (come on guys this one needs to be bumped up more)

12170 H 4.4444
79 sig, 39 quality

12145 H 4.340
79 sig, 55 quality

What else is going on this bird becides PBS?

Im getting great signal here.... now if they can bump up the power a bit on some transpoders we would be all good.

you need a major dish retuning if you aren't getting both 30,000 SR PBS carriers in major super strength!

Those two are barnburner transponders - I may have to keep my dish off AMC-21 to keep those two transponders from melting my dish! ;)

what else is on AMC-21? I think the non-PBS transmissions are ESV stuff.

you need a major dish retuning if you aren't getting both 30,000 SR PBS carriers in major super strength!

Those two are barnburner transponders - I may have to keep my dish off AMC-21 to keep those two transponders from melting my dish! ;)

what else is on AMC-21? I think the non-PBS transmissions are ESV stuff.

Are you kidding me.. My dish is locked SOLID on the arch. There is no mistake about it. It cant get any better than what it is.

any opinions or experience with the mount i posted? i am anxious to add this to my g18 setup.

any opinions or experience with the mount i posted? i am anxious to add this to my g18 setup.
The degree spacing is limited by two things:
- the diameter of the LNBs, as this sets the minimum distance between birds
- the focal length of the dish; longer is better than shorter for this problem

Oh, and the LNBs will be on a near-straight (often diagonal) line, or possibly a slight arc.
So, that bottom picture shown, is to demonstrate flexibility, not show actual LNB locations.
There is no way all those LNBs would actually receive something.

H-transponders?

Anyone got all the channels on AMC21 scanned in today? I am trying to point a .90 primestar on it, all I can get are the V transponders, scratching my head...thought there was a few horiz ch yesterday. Using this standard old primestar lnbf, wondering if the H-side is bad, or I got a bad cable, or if the skew is wrong. Scans in same 12 or so channels, but they are scanned in once as H, and again as V.
Switch used: 22khz , 18v side goes to H-RIGHT??
Thanks

18 V is used for the horizontal polarity, and 13 V is for vertical.

All the transponders that Goaliebob99 posted above are active.

I have 14 channels scanned in. (2 HD)

Last edited:
cool

Thanks folks, I'm gonna miss every football game on the card today if I have to, to figure this one out, lol.
Swapped out lnbfs, still got to take the tv out there in a min though, What I thought I was getting on H yesterday may have been V anyway. It's not seeing H at all, so either skew is off now, or I still got the elevation too high. Its smoking on the V transponders though, strong signal.

Same parameters as when they were on AMC 3. 12140V, SR 30000. Big signal here on a 90 cm, its over 90% quality on my Coolsat 5000

Thanks, I'm new and hadn't yet tried AMC3, but now I've copied channel info(lyngsat) from AMC 3 onto AMC 21, and reception is superb!

yeah the stuff on AMC21 is MUCH better than on AMC3

also, Montana is at 2 spots
12104 V 4340 weaker (66)
12145 h 4340 Stronger (72)

Are you kidding me.. My dish is locked SOLID on the arch. There is no mistake about it. It cant get any better than what it is.

Unless you aimed your dish with spectrum analyzers and/or signal meters that lock DVB-S signals and give signal strength in SN or BER, you probably have some room for improvement but your setup is "good enough" for most signals.

I don't know why you are getting one at 58 quality when the other one is much better. On my various dishes (90cm, 7.5 foot and 10 foot), i'm getting both PBS DVB-S 30000 SR carriers with SN within one db of each other (read: no large variance between the two).

few horiz ch yesterday. Using this standard old primestar lnbf, wondering if the H-side is bad, or I got a bad cable, or if the skew is wrong. Scans in same 12 or so channels,

If your primestar LNBF is like the one on my dish, I found the power is required on one of the polarity ports all the time (I think H) otherwise the other port (V?) would not work even if you put power on the V? port).

It's a weird LNBF IMHO unless it's partially defective that you can't put power on and get signal back from the powered port, whether it be H or V. I put power on the port that requires it and I get signals back from both ports so it's all good in the end. It just took some troubleshooting with 18V power supply and my spectrum analyzer to figure things out.

Right, skysurfer, the old primestar lnbfs have to be powered thru the V-side to work. I had set it up at first, without a 3x4 switch, so I was turning the lnbf in its holder when I wanted to check the H-tps. Once I put in the 3x4 switch, it still wasn't working right. That's when I figured out I had either blown a port on my diseqc switch, or it just went bad lol.

must be the dish size. My 30" dish shows those at 72-73 quality along with 12180 at the same.

Now this is on the Coolsat 5000 where 63 is minimum and 82 is max (using version 1.00 software)

Right, skysurfer, the old primestar lnbfs have to be powered thru the V-side to work. I had set it up at first, without a 3x4 switch, so I was turning the lnbf in its holder when I wanted to check the H-tps.
Wow....I wish I knew this on Saturday, when I spent an HOUR trying to find a college footbal feed on an "H" transponder on a P* LNB!:eek: (I'll know better next time!) ;)

i might have to break down and buy the 2* monoblock on fleabay. hopefully it works as advertised. i want to add this to my fixed g18 dish and have the HD for my diamond 9000.

Hey Euro=on top of that, you oughta try setting the skew on one of them, after you've taken the feedhorn off and put it back on again. I had one waaayyy off , took me sev hours last fall to figure that one out. I never did fix it either, on that dish, it is at zero skew, but the indicator on it is showing -40 , HAHA.
*don't worry, I'll never work on any nuclear reactors!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts