AMC 21

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Only getting 25% Q on the Pansat 9200 at best here in the NW. I Will have to wait and see before I go back out and tweak the dish more. I am tracking good on G-27 and G-18 so maybe they are still testing.

Only getting 25% Q on the Pansat 9200 at best here in the NW. I Will have to wait and see before I go back out and tweak the dish more. I am tracking good on G-27 and G-18 so maybe they are still testing.

I just took a shot at it and I am seeing about 20% Q here in SW MO, getting some pixellation but it's definitely there. :)

With my 31", I get 70% on 12180 at 125W (vs. 48 on 87W).

But 12140 is only at 58, and I still can't get a lock on MT PBS at 125.

I scanned (blind scan) in 13 feeds at 86%+ quality. However, not at 12104V 4340 but at:

12114H 29983
12140H 4328

Apparently they're turning it on and off. The PBS feeds disappeared a few minutes after I scanned them but there are a couple of other feeds that stayed and probably can be used to locate and lock the bird:

12150H 4424
12158H 4424
12165H 4425

I have high hopes for this new satellite. Hopefully I can now watch the "Britcoms" on Saturday nights without worrying that the signal will drop off. I'm going to try adding 125W to my Merc II when I get home tonight. :)

BTW I donated money to Montana PBS during their fund drive. When the volunteer found out I was in New Mexico she asked how I was receiving the signal. I told her FTA satellite. She was glad to hear this because she has a relative in one of the Dakota's (forget which) that really missed Montana PBS. I then told her about this discussion group and some of our gracious sponsors.

Did a rescan here on AMC 21

Getting all the PBS channels also.

MT PBS came up on a new TP for me and all the signals are Q 60% to 73% here in NE Oregon.

This is looking good, now all we need is a easy fixed dish setup to get G-18, AMC 21 and G27. This kind of setup would make a great system for folks new to FTA and ones that only want a simple no motor package.

Did a rescan here on AMC 21

Getting all the PBS channels also.

MT PBS came up on a new TP for me and all the signals are Q 60% to 73% here in NE Oregon.

This is looking good, now all we need is a easy fixed dish setup to get G-18, AMC 21 and G27. This kind of setup would make a great system for folks new to FTA and ones that only want a simple no motor package.

2 degree satellite separation is tough to do. For me anyway.

Getting big signals on all PBS channels, Montana is a little less but still much improved over the signal it had on AMC 3, PBSHD is big signal as well. YIPPEEEEE, no more bumping the dish back and forth to keep the signal

a little OT

FTAsquirrel said:
...now all we need is a easy fixed dish setup to get G-18, AMC 21 and G27.
This kind of setup would make a great system for folks new to FTA and ones that only want a simple no motor package.
TRG said:
2 degree satellite separation is tough to do.
123°, 125°, and 129°, eh?
And as a one-dish solution...

You would want to start out with a long-focus length dish (larger F/D)
... though not necessarily a big one...
... and some tiny LNBs, or maybe the Eagle Aspen oval horn bandstacked units.

If anyone really wants to pursue this matter, start a new thread, and I'll help with math to figure how solve it.

Not impressed!

1.2m dish, standard KU LNB, Coolsat 4000

AMC 3 - Montana PBS - 83% signal strength
AMC 21 - Montana PBS - 72% signal strength

12 channels now scan in on my Coolsat 4000.

Short question, newbie here. Using Diamond 9000 HD. I know how to enter frequncies, etc, using channel edit software, but what should I be entering for DVB-S type info? Are HD channels DVB-S2 8PSK or QPSK. I cant seem to get that info from Lyngsat.

Getting big signals on all PBS channels, Montana is a little less but still much improved over the signal it had on AMC 3, PBSHD is big signal as well. YIPPEEEEE, no more bumping the dish back and forth to keep the signal

What parameters are you using to get PBSHD? I get good quality with everything, except PBS HD, zero quality.:confused:

No sign of Montana PBS, but getting good signal from PBS network feeds with Merc II and 90cm dish in eastern Oregon.

i am thinking about trying this mount by digiwave:

Digi%203%20LNB%20Brkt%20Sketch.jpg

looks like you could accomplish quite a bit:

magicmount4.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)