AMC-3 Ku 4DTV Question ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Can someone with a 4DTV connected to a movable c & ku or ku dish confirm something? Is K3 (4DTV name) AMC-3 channel 640 PBS still working?

I want to swing my fixed Primestar there soon for it, if it's still up there.

Thanks in advance :)

It's still working here. You have to be right on target to get it though.

Thank's for the reply. I moved my Primestar dish a week ago to AMC-3 and found it quite easy. All the DVB stuff works well too. :)

can I ask what satellite the P* dish was aimed at before?

Sure Ice :) I had it pointed at G-16 (X4 - 4DTV) for my HITS ku channels. Since the migration to AMC-18/C (W5) It opened up that dish for something else. I decided on AMC-3 vs G-25 since it had stuff in a language I could understand.

What is the smallest dish you can use on T5 for some channels? A friend of mine is suppose to give me a few old direct tv dishes that are either 24 or 27" I wondered if it's any good to see anything on T5 with a regular LNBF.

I've used a smaller Pstar (70e) for T5, I believe it's about 24"x27" or so.
A 76cm Winegard works well also.

Sure Ice :) I had it pointed at G-16 (X4 - 4DTV) for my HITS ku channels. Since the migration to AMC-18/C (W5) It opened up that dish for something else. I decided on AMC-3 vs G-25 since it had stuff in a language I could understand.
cool. I thought you had it at 99 but wasnt sure

What is the smallest dish you can use on T5 for some channels? A friend of mine is suppose to give me a few old direct tv dishes that are either 24 or 27" I wondered if it's any good to see anything on T5 with a regular LNBF.

If they're 27 they might get the stronger signals. 97 is wacky as some TP's are very hot and some are weak. Nudge the dish a little w and those weak ones are strong but then the original ones are weaker

I have a 30" motorized and most signals are between 50-75 on the Pansat 9200

If they're 27 they might get the stronger signals. 97 is wacky as some TP's are very hot and some are weak. Nudge the dish a little w and those weak ones are strong but then the original ones are weaker

I have a 30" motorized and most signals are between 50-75 on the Pansat 9200

From what your saying it looks like 99 is playing adjacent sat with 97. When HITS leaves I'll bet that will go away.

I did a quick stop on 97 when I was moving my 90cm. It was booming in on the 90.

I can't wait to see what happens when G10 is replaced. Im hoping 11720 gets a good boost from the new bird.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)