AMC-3 Ku 4DTV Question ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tvropro

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
Can someone with a 4DTV connected to a movable c & ku or ku dish confirm something? Is K3 (4DTV name) AMC-3 channel 640 PBS still working?

I want to swing my fixed Primestar there soon for it, if it's still up there.

Thanks in advance :)

It's still working here. You have to be right on target to get it though.

Thank's for the reply. I moved my Primestar dish a week ago to AMC-3 and found it quite easy. All the DVB stuff works well too. :)

can I ask what satellite the P* dish was aimed at before?

Sure Ice :) I had it pointed at G-16 (X4 - 4DTV) for my HITS ku channels. Since the migration to AMC-18/C (W5) It opened up that dish for something else. I decided on AMC-3 vs G-25 since it had stuff in a language I could understand.

What is the smallest dish you can use on T5 for some channels? A friend of mine is suppose to give me a few old direct tv dishes that are either 24 or 27" I wondered if it's any good to see anything on T5 with a regular LNBF.

I've used a smaller Pstar (70e) for T5, I believe it's about 24"x27" or so.
A 76cm Winegard works well also.

Sure Ice :) I had it pointed at G-16 (X4 - 4DTV) for my HITS ku channels. Since the migration to AMC-18/C (W5) It opened up that dish for something else. I decided on AMC-3 vs G-25 since it had stuff in a language I could understand.
cool. I thought you had it at 99 but wasnt sure

What is the smallest dish you can use on T5 for some channels? A friend of mine is suppose to give me a few old direct tv dishes that are either 24 or 27" I wondered if it's any good to see anything on T5 with a regular LNBF.

If they're 27 they might get the stronger signals. 97 is wacky as some TP's are very hot and some are weak. Nudge the dish a little w and those weak ones are strong but then the original ones are weaker

I have a 30" motorized and most signals are between 50-75 on the Pansat 9200

If they're 27 they might get the stronger signals. 97 is wacky as some TP's are very hot and some are weak. Nudge the dish a little w and those weak ones are strong but then the original ones are weaker

I have a 30" motorized and most signals are between 50-75 on the Pansat 9200

From what your saying it looks like 99 is playing adjacent sat with 97. When HITS leaves I'll bet that will go away.

I did a quick stop on 97 when I was moving my 90cm. It was booming in on the 90.

I can't wait to see what happens when G10 is replaced. Im hoping 11720 gets a good boost from the new bird.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)