Status
Please reply by conversation.

RtpiFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Hi,

Can someone check AMC4 12169Mhz(H) tell me if working okay it's seem like for last hour being erradict.
Before 14h00 EST i had Quality 72-70 but now look something is up with tp as get all others on AMC4 great.

Thanks,

RtpiFan :)

Getting signal quality of 65% here........during another summer storm!

PSB it working fine now seem it sorted it's self out at 3:24PM EST.
I have noticed in last couple of weeks RTPi seem to being acting odd at times with low quality(15%-61%) but i almost always have 70-72% quality even in bad weather just try to find out if it's on my end but seeing a few people that also have Rtpi mentionned the same problems can't believe it's on my end.

You are not the only noticing the same problem, the past couple weeks has been like this, it could be weather related or something else, sorry i'm not a technician

Well look like rtpi 12169Mhz(H) (About 1 hours so far)is off again can these manage to keep things running for more 24 hours without problem kind makes you wondering it's fta channel yes so should demand much but this ridiculious.

It could be weather related.
Don't panic.
The Portuguese government is rich(LOL), they pay for us(portuguese) to watch TV.

A mild rant

The Portuguese government is full morons and idiot that could not make microwave oven work even if they had the instructions for it.
RTP/RTPi is of worst managed tv station i have ever had the misfortune to tolerate.(I only bother because of soccer games and news and that's it)
I have seen lot channel from around world and never encounter channel with some many technical problems their is not week that goes by that are not down for some reason.
I can uderstand odd glicth but the weather cannnot explain away simple incompetence onRTP/RTPi part.
I am not in a panic just tired these constant problems with them can they go a couple of weeks with any problems others manage not them.

It's not point if going put something up on a sat and it's costing you money for bandwith you should least act like give dam about it regardless of if you charging for it or not.

I could give you long list on fta channels from various contries that manage to keep their fta offering up and running month's at time with no problems.

Cascade it seem like being bit of pain in the ass for something that free but just beacuse it's not for profit does mean should an half ass job that's all.
If you doing a favor for friends and not getting paid for it does man not care about quality of your work?

I know you are disappointed RtptFan, but the Brits here would give an arm and a leg for some free TV from their homeland.........

Remember the cut outs could be caused by bad weather at the uplink center or even from the country of origin!

Hopefully it gets better for you, I feel your pain!

I am also jealous :eek:

Don't get me wrong, I agree that if a TV station is broadcasting they should have a quality model and stick to it.
On the other hand, this is FTA. Nothing's guaranteed and you basically take what you're given.

As myself and others have said, FTA over here is in its infancy and I know about the hundreds of channels over the pond.
I'm originally from England and have seen the quality and range of FTA. You can even pick up an FTA receiver from most supermarkets over there.

Do not get my wrong i am glad we get can RTPi it's just would like them to be more reliable that's all i also know do not have right expect anything from them they owe me nothing.

Cascade said:
As myself and others have said, FTA over here is in its infancy and I know about the hundreds of channels over the pond.
I'm originally from England and have seen the quality and range of FTA. You can even pick up an FTA receiver from most supermarkets over there.

I'm getting that itch to go to Europe again :)

FTA receivers in supermarkets!! And probably feature-packed too....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)