Status
Please reply by conversation.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
I seem to be having a reception issue with the NBC mux channels . Just get a bare signal [ pixilating ] . Using the Micro HD , and , tried my s9 . Same thing. Anyone else having any issues ?

I am going out to check connections etc. just in case.The other channel on the sat has a 72% strength. I did try to fine tune , to be sure , but it is right on. They were working fine last week. I did try the openbox , complete with different cables . Same thing.

Last edited:
The signal is lower. I have a 30" dish on a motor and can usually get NBC at 70%. My normal quality on most channels is 98%. NBC mux has been in the 40% range for me lately. My threshold is 50% anything less and the signal comes and goes. I'm thinking of getting a bigger dish just to park it on that bird.

Something odd is going on with the NBC channels on 72W. I was watching the NBC nightly news the other day with about 75% signal strength, and then when the program went off, the signal went below the threshold so that I couldn't watch anything on that channel.

Suddenly all went well for a while , and , today , with a 60% quality I had pixilating again. Seems to be an ongoing problem . I have never had a problem with a 60% signal before.? I have ruled out aiming as a problem . Anyone else having issues

Solid 70+ on a 30 inch ChannelMaster, 'course that's not saying much as it's running an S9. Everything is usually at least a 70. BUT haven't seen any pixelation. Try a different LNBF?

Same problem here recently with 72w Ku NBC mux. Intermittent slightly weaker signal (50 - 60 Q) with pixelation and drop outs. Another FTA channel on different transponder comes in strong at 72 or better Q.

Thinking of re-aiming this dish to 103w for the NBC HD feeds.

76cm Winegard dish, JSC321 LNBF, and S10 receiver.

Solid 70+ on a 30 inch ChannelMaster, 'course that's not saying much as it's running an S9. Everything is usually at least a 70. BUT haven't seen any pixelation. Try a different LNBF?
I have the same issue with my S9 , as well as my geosat. I did change lnb's , with no change. Then , suddenly all is well , then it's not etc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)