AMC 8?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Can someone help me I'm picking up signal on (2) trans off what I think is AMC-8. First one is 4169 V 10127SR and second is 4145 V 4987SR. I can't get any channels, just trying to identify the Sat I'm on. Thanks, Chad

yup thats right

Its mainly audio only channels. The satellite is weird as the Horizontal side is spotbeamed to Alaska, Washington, BC and Oregon
Vertical is CONUS

I just thought it was strange it comes in on my Openbox as 4169 V and not 3973 V like you have on "The List" Thanks again Iceberg.

sorry but hopefully folks can help keep thelist updated on the C-Band side. Now that I live in an apartment I dont have access to a C-Band dish to keep it updated ;)

AMC8 has the radio TP"s
AMC7 (137W) has the Alaska mux and Luken channels (west coast feeds of RTV, PBJ, etc)

I know...But I've survived 3 months so far :)
The KU is actually what I miss some nights...for the college hockey games

no option for a motorized ku there Iceberg?
no deck or patio so can't have a motorized up. Do have a southern view so maybe try it through the window ;)

Most apartments have pizza dishes on them??
nope. See my signature. We have a Directv slimline 5 and a 95W dish on the roof of the complex (93 units). Satellite is included in the rent (Directv's Choice package) so the only thing we have to pay is the extras (HD fee, DVR fee, add'l receiver fee) if we so incline to do that

If there were more Russian language channels on FTA maybe we could try and get a FTA dish here. We have some Russians in the apartment complex so thats why the 95W dish (Directv Int'l programming on there)

There is much more on AMC-8 than audio feeds. AT&T Alaska uses it for long distance and broadband services throughout Alaska, and is the lease holder of the bird. The FAA also has heavy usage.

Reactions: raydio
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts