Amc 8

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I am trying to get the Alaskan stations on AMC 8 and would like to ask a few questions. 1) the AMC 8 footprint says that it's beam covers all 50 states. If anyone is getting AMC 8 would you please let me know how far east your location is. 2) I get the other Alaskan stations loud and clear on AMC 7. AMC 8 is only 2 degrees west of AMC 7. Four lots (approx 130ft) to the west of me there is a tall tree, I am wondering if by bumping the dish the 2 degrees it is putting me in line with the tree to have the signal blocked. Is that possible? 3) I did pick up some signals today, so that tells me that the trees aren't blocking it. I got a good signal, 31% on FR 4160, but nothing comes in. By the way 31% is a good signal with the BUD. I can't get any of the FRs listed on LyngSat, but I do get others when I blind scan.

What I am trying to determine is, am I to far east to get AMC 8? :confused:

Your opinions are valued. :yes

Jim
I read somewhere that AMC8 was basically spotbeamed for like Alaska and western US (WA, OR, ID

Iceberg said:
I read somewhere that AMC8 was basically spotbeamed for like Alaska and western US (WA, OR, ID

That's the first I've heard of that, makes sense if it's true. When the old F5 was in that position I could get watchable C Band analog singals from it. Used to watch the backhauls form the great Alaskan Shootout. That's probably been 15 years ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)