amc3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I usually just point and blind scan until I find what I am looking for, or a reference point. I suppose its not helping that I am using an old 90c that is sprung, heh. I'll enter those TPs and try again later tonight.

now I am on something really week
11853 H 17.800
11853 v 17.800
11980 h 8.417
11980 v 8.417

ahhh I can't find where I am at on lyngsat

Not to be too silly about it, but...
I always take a compass with me when I go out to tweak a dish.
I didn't the other day, relying on relative offset from some other dish on the roof, and found squat.
Next day, I took my 10¢ compass and was on the bird in seconds.
Well, I do cheat.... by lining up an 18" level with the compass, then using the level as a pointer.

I use a compass as well. I think I have a tree too close. Thing is right in line of sight of AMC3 and my extra dish. Kind if sucks, I wanted PBS! Maybe I can think of a new place to put the dish. Sucks renting!

I dunno about the tree, it's possible., I can tell you that I have a large poplar tree no more than a 40 feet away due south from my dish and it does not interfere with anything.

Like Anole said a compass is great! Also, account for magnetic declination and you'll usually aim quickly. I also have a little box of FTA/Sat stuff that i use when adjusting things. 1 7 inch tv, 1 spare receiver, cables and 1 extension cord. Take a little tv table out with me and I'm all set right there to see exactly what I am doing.

You guys are so lucky. We have trees and houses all around, so I have to place my dish on the roof, and we have a fairly high pitch. I hate working up there. You can't put a darn thing down without having it slide off the roof. Luckily I haven't yet!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)