SES2 AMC3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jack
post 99 was my observation with the 6 footer and RTV on the new sat
well today I learned something.....at least on my 6 footer

If I try to peak the dish on the 4080 mux alot of other signals are crap. I happened to have my old Pansat out there (working on something else) and I logged ThisTV, MeTV and ZNS-TV (the Bahamas government) all at a 65-75 quality on the Pansat which is good (30 is threshold)

Brought the Manhattan out and logged all the "normal" stuff (NASA, @Sports, This, Me, ZNS, Nasa Limo etc) and got the 4080 TP at a 65-70 bouncy. Worked fine
Fine tuned to get 4080 at a 74 and This & Me went pfffft...too low to view without heavy pixeling

something to think about....

thanks Ice for the quick reply. so get one loose the others. man that is not the trade off i would want. oh well thanks Ice for the info on this. convinces me to end the headache unless a chaparall co rotor would help.

RTV's TPs on AMC3 seem to be a pain in the ### to get for several here even those with bigger dishes than 6 foot.For myself i guess i have been lucky to get 4080 most of the time with a quality of near 70 but untill the new sat came online i never got 3080.Maybe this jnewer sat has more power than the older one! I now get a Q of near 80 on 4080 and a Q of 65 on 3080.Outbackjack!! Maybe because your father north than me is the reason you cant get them? but i also have heard that Scott who dosnt live to far from me with a larger dish also has had trouble getting the RTV muxes on this sat also.Cant make heads or tales on this one:confused:.

I wonder if the beams have been shifted slightly. That would be all it would take for me to get them now, compared with earlier. They are still not reliable, but I never got a sniff of them until the new Sat went into service. :)

well it depends on a couple things
what size dish?
is it motorized?
did you see post 99 & 121 about the issues some of us have seen?

4080 87w

well ice, i have been getting 4080 for about a week with my 6 footer no problems..80 signal...60 quality,beautiful picture,i was just wondering was it down because any extra channels is a plus in fta.:luvlove:

Working here...but yep 4080 is a PITA always having to bump east or west a little.

I am in south texas, 10Ft orthomode setup, some days 3800 is a problem; some days 4080 all other trasponders booming signal, when I can get the channels signal is in the 50's and jumping, when it comes back high 70's, without adjusting the dish.

Ken

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)