SES2 AMC3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Got KTEL back now, after I figured out how! Had an entry for it on the tp list, at 12009 but no pids were stored under it. Couldn't scan it in again, until I deleted that dead tp. Now, scans in at 12007mhz..87signal/99quality on the 1m.

Seems I´m out of luck now if they don´t pump up the power on this tp.

I´m getting like 10%. At this hour of the day would be the highest I´ll get. Not watchable. :(

Looks like they done something again on the C side anyway I haven't checked the Ku. I was flipping through the RTV Mux and just happened to notice the little signal bar was maxed. I will to transponder list and sure enough it was full scale, so I went down to 3800 and it lit up also. I have never seen 3800 lit up even after the initial change. I scanned it and now all its channels scanned it. So looks like they up'ed the power or moved antennas or something.

I will check the Ku side later when the wife falls asleep.

We Had lost all of the channels on the 3800 transponder at 87w. I changed it to 3801 and now we have a total of 87 channels on that bird. Lots of RTV, TuffTV, couple of My Family TV.

Last edited:
I 've had nothing but trouble with this new bird. I'm not sure why. AMC 3 was good to me. The only tp I could not get was 3800 H. Now, I get excellent signal 4000 and 4044 but that is pretty much it. Ku side is coming in better than ever. It's good thing I get 4080 Mux on 137w.

I 've had nothing but trouble with this new bird. I'm not sure why. AMC 3 was good to me. The only tp I could not get was 3800 H. Now, I get excellent signal 4000 and 4044 but that is pretty much it. Ku side is coming in better than ever. It's good thing I get 4080 Mux on 137w.

I agree. I've had a bugger with this new satellite

old satellite I got all the DVB stuff just fine
@Sports, MeTV, This, ZNS, Nasa, the religious audio feeds

But now yeah I get 4080 easy but 3800 barely pops a signal )I did get it to a 52 on the Manhattan) and ThisTV & MeTV are a pain to even get a lock. Its not like I'm working with a new dish. Its the same 6 footer I've had for a while now.

KU looks nice for most signals.

Yeah its like they turned up the power for everybody on the 4080 mux and turned down the power for this and MeTV.:rolleyes:

Yeah its like they turned up the power for everybody on the 4080 mux and turned down the power for this and MeTV.:rolleyes:

Of course, we aren't privy to their link budgets with SES.

Broadcasters budget for much different margins on their downlinks. Just depends on their desired up time and the size of dishes at their downlink facilities.

Sounds like they are running test on tps while it is it's home location. Weird that it wasn't done in another location before putting it in place.

KU they had to crank up because a couple data transponders I now get bleed over on 85W when doing a blind scan (36" dish)
They read really low on the meter but the scan logs the transponders

KU they had to crank up because a couple data transponders I now get bleed over on 85W when doing a blind scan (36" dish)
They read really low on the meter but the scan logs the transponders

I noted the same thing earlier today, first I was like what is going on I actually checked make sure the dish was at the right number on the dish mover, then I was like oh duh!

yeah I just scanned 85W and got 2 data TP"s and the 1st Horiozontal (11717) transponder on a bleedover
The 11717 TP is too weak to be stable (7/8 FEC) and the other 2 show no signals

Is MeTV and ThisTV ditching SES-2 and moving to SES-3 ??
I just saw they are on both satellites now. What's up with that? :confused:

I assume you mean 101W? (with all these name changes I wish folks would at least post the orbital slot)

As posted before maybe its just a backup for now until the bugs on 87W gets worked out

87w

when do you think all of this testing will be over with on 87w...blind scanned yesterday and got a total of 94 channels and 1 hour later 72 of them pops off...very frustrating.:rant:

well today I learned something.....at least on my 6 footer

If I try to peak the dish on the 4080 mux alot of other signals are crap. I happened to have my old Pansat out there (working on something else) and I logged ThisTV, MeTV and ZNS-TV (the Bahamas government) all at a 65-75 quality on the Pansat which is good (30 is threshold)

Brought the Manhattan out and logged all the "normal" stuff (NASA, @Sports, This, Me, ZNS, Nasa Limo etc) and got the 4080 TP at a 65-70 bouncy. Worked fine
Fine tuned to get 4080 at a 74 and This & Me went pfffft...too low to view without heavy pixeling

something to think about....

Tony, it reminds me of a couple years ago, when you mentioned that STO HD was about 15 deg off skew compared to STO SD . At the time I couldn't get the HD channel at all on my 4 footer. Sure enough, I tweaked the lnbf and STO HD came in fine, but STO SD was lowered dramatically . Ever since then I've known that I might have to tweak the lnbf if I want to maximize a particular signal, on ANY bird. It's odd all right, but it's a FACT. :)
Thanks for your help over these 5+ years I've been here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts