SES2 AMC3

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have to agree with you Ice. I was all exited, 'cause I never have gotten the mux on 4080 before, but that is what I am seeing also, a lot of repeats. It is some new channels though. I will have a better idea after a few days of watching. I am still glad to get them though. The thing I noticed also is kinda like what you said they are S2 so even though I get them they are very finicky. We'll see what happens, like I said in another post the tree blocking 137W may just have to go.;)

Ice, Could you get both RTV muxes and MeTV/This TV on AMC 3? I wonder if something changed with the beam up to the north? Here in the Southeast it is real hot.

nope

MeTV and This TV I could always get on the old satellite
4080 RTV was hit and miss...if I killed 20 minutes to peak the dish and lock it

Yes, Mr Grumpy.

LOL

I guess I was spoiled back when RTN started on 123W the Equity channels. You had variety and the 6 or 7 channels had different schedules
Even when they first went S2 on 87W there was a variety. I remember reading an article that RTV was coming to Green Bay but some shows could not be on that feed because the Fox station had the rights to it (Little House was one of them) so they were different.

Now its just a carbon copy across the board. If there were differences in programming I'd be happy. But when its the same thing across 20 stations with no variety other than maybe a commercial and the local ID that is really nothing to get excited for.

If the footprints are right then this is a non event for those on the west coast or far north as the signal is about the same. If you are in the south central US and east coast then you were just given a power boost almost enough to drop down a dish size.

I need to give my 4 footer another shot at this before the snow hits.

Well I hope they are doing some testing or something, cause now I have lost the RTV muxes again.:(

Glad to hear it is not just me Dee, I even did a quick check of my system and all seems fine here, so they did something on their end for sure.

I could not wait to get home and check it out. I had scanned in the 4080 mux a couple weeks ago but it
was pixelating and gone a couple hours later. Now, no sign of 4080 but 3800 scanned right in 65 to
71 Q on the S9. I always thought that was the weaker one ?

Well I gave the 4 footer a try and scanned in NASA channels but no picture, just a few pixels and noise. Also scanned in two horse racing feeds with good Q and a channel from the Ivory Coast RTI 1 with strong Q. This was at 4161 H 28125

Now this was just a quick moving the dish into position using math and no meter. So maybe if I went outside with the TV and receiver I could do better but it will have to wait until this snow storm is gone.

I know its stronger because NASA wouldn't even scan in before.

I am getting a lot of things I never got before on this bird...

Weather Nation HD
Weather Nation SD
P1TV
Pursuit
ICTV
UT Feeds
MYCOMBAT

And ESPN feed on 4141 V 29268 720p

But no RTV on 3800 or 4080 Not a peep!

Also missing (that I use to get before...) The mux on 4126 H, 4154H, MeTV on 3853 & ThisTV on 3833 H.

I rescanned 87 just now. Last night I was getting stuff on 4080 but nothing on 3800. I haven't been able to get anything on 3800 for months.

Now, I can't get 4080 but everything on 3800 is coming in...

BUT, no PBJ now.. :(

What the heck? :confused:

Maybe they are changing it over from S2 to C-band? I read somewhere that they may do that.

I just hope they fix it, I would hate to lose PBJ. I've had a hard time getting anything RTV had on 87. Until this morning.

PopcornNMore getting on soapbox...

Ladies and gentleman why all the gloom? They replaced an old satellite with a new one that provides increased signal strength for many of us allowing the stations to be received more reliably and clearer using our existing dish or possibly a smaller dish. They didn't say anything about adding additional stations and programming. Sure the RTV programming isn't what it used to be, but either is the programming on so many other stations such as TV Land, MTV, GSN, etc. At least Henry Luken supports our FTA hobby and is willing to invest the money necessary to provide these channels to us via FTA satellite and OTA free of charge unlike some of the bloodsuckers who want more and more money for their stations such as ESPN and FOX to name a few. I wish there were more like Henry Luken providing good family programming (Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, My Little Margie, Highway to Heaven, Daniel Boone, Mr. Magoo, Fat Albert, Lassie, etc) unlike the current network sitcoms that contain adult language that you need to turn off everytime your child enters the room.

This is MY take on the new SES-2 satellite:
  • Scanned in 118 channels most of which are ITC allowing lots of programming from a single stationary dish.
  • The RTV 3800 MUX is now stronger than the 4080 MUX.
  • All MUX's now have a higher signal strength except for MeTV which is slightly lower, but still plays great.
  • WeatherNation HD looks AWESOME! and unlike the Weather Channel it's FREE!
  • MeTV2 often airs programming that's different from MeTV1. Example: On Sunday MeTV2 airs The Lucy Show when MeTV1 airs I Love Lucy.
  • Yes, a lot of the programming is the same on the RTV MUX, but they are intended to be viewed in their various cities.
  • During the day and on weekends the programming on the RTV MUX's varies more than people seem to believe.
  • One satellite provides RTV, TUFF TV, My Family TV, PBJ, MeTV, THIS, WeatherNation, Pursuit, NASA and other ITC channels.
  • ALL the programming is received FREE!!!

What a GREAT hobby this is! I'm very thankful for the new satellite and will be enjoying all the wonderful programming it allows me to receive.

PopcornNMore getting off soapbox...

Guys I suspect you all are talking strictly about C-band reception on 87W right? I only get in KU, so I tuned in to this topic late and aren't sure if KU Band signal may now be enhanced?

Guys I suspect you all are talking strictly about C-band reception on 87W right? I only get in KU, so I tuned in to this topic late and aren't sure if KU Band signal may now be enhanced?

nothing I saw on KU tonight signal wise was any different than it use ot be

At least for me I´m in northern Mexico and I´m getting lower readings on the ku side.

I think they might have shrunk the footprint because I was getting Telemundo at 99% since it moved here, but now I just get 85. The patient channels are coming in about 15 points lower at 70 and the mta mux is barely coming in at 25% on my pansat.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.