America's Got Talent Season 7 (2012)

My take: Overall a pretty good show. First half hour was a total waste. FFW'd through it. am glad to hear that te makeover man Mr. Christopher got picked up by a producer that was watching. Not a million dollar act, but there is definitely a place for him.

Distinguished Men of Brass: Agree. SOunded horrible on that stage.
Edon: I just don't see it. I thought the first part was horrible.
Jarrett and Raja: Seen the trick and done better. They are showy.
Lil Starr: I agree with Howard. Cute, but way too young, and she hasn't developed her talent.
Todd Oliver: I did laugh a couple times.
American BMX Stunt Team: They were in sync, but it was just jumps with tricks.
Nikki Jensen: I do love her voice and style.
The Scott Brothers: I really like these guys. So in sync. Reminds me of modern Vaudville.
Michael Nejad: Horrid. He impressed me with his strings in the first audition. Should have gone back to them.
787 Crew: Didn't impress. Too small for th stage.
Shanice and Maurice Hayes: She's terrific.
David Garibaldi and Hisy CMYK's: I've seen David around town quite a few times. Terrific young man. He and his crew take speed art to a whole new level. Absolutely amazing.

Two acts stand out:

The Scott Brothers
David Garibaldi and His CMYK's

Possibles for the last two spots:

Shanice and MauriceHAyes
Edon
Lil Starr (cuteness factor always comes into play)

S~

Last edited:
Okay, when they call out the first three groups of three, if you didn't immediately figure out which act would go through, you have no concept of what most people find entertaining. :) With the last group of three (judge's pick) it was a little harder to tell. I did not agree with the judge's choice only because of the genre, not the act chosen.

BTW 787 Crew--- they weren't that good, but a little factoid: 787 was the only area code in PR for ages. It remains the "main" area code for the island but 939 is now in use as an overlay.

It came out pretty much as I expected, but I wasn't pleased with the pick of Edon by the judges. The only saving grace, imo, is that just like the other two acts he was up against, he has gone about as far as he can. He just is not that good.

Actually I think the YouTube acts may be the ones to beat since none of the current acts we've seen are good enough to win, imo.

I missed the first round of the live show because they put it with the outtakes as one 2 hour show. When I went to watch the recording I saw it was just outtakes and I deleted it.

Watching the selection show it didn't look like I missed much anyway.

...and that will.i.am guy was awful. Who was that? Never heard of him.

Last edited:
DISH Network actually had Edon and his talking dogs perform at Team Summit a few years ago.

The entire act was excellent, but what you are seeing on AGT are only small parts of his act.

Tuesday, 10 July 2012 (8:00 PM)

Twelve hopefuls perform.

Wednesday, 11 July 2012 (9:00 PM) - Four acts move on to the top 24.

Okay, since 16 of the acts will be moving on during this round it would appear 4 acts will be coming from YouTube with perhaps another four acts being recalled.

Hawley Magic - they weren't great, but they weren't tragic. The act was pretty good but two things are working against them: they don't look like magicians and I've seen their act before...many, many times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts