AMIKO Amiko A3 Owners Thread

However, there is a problem with the updater app, how can I fix it so it will default to downloading to the actual 500gb disk I put in there and not the STB memory every time? That was quite annoying and tedious trying to figure out and fix that. Certainly there must be an easier way

First, the installer should've allowed you to install from the Downloads directory in the internal memory. (Unless it's different in the European software.)

Second, there's no problem with leaving it there, because the installer should delete it when it's done. (Again, unless the other version is different.)

Please tell me there is a way to disable that "touch" stuff on the A3 remote? It's so bloody sensitive that if I get my hand anywhere near the remote it just starts doing stuff on it's own.
It needs a way to turn down the sensitivity, BIG TIMES or else totally disable it.

I am finding it to be extremely annoying and it's getting to be quite impossible to do anything when the dishes keep moving themselves and changing channels randomly. I can't touch the remote without it going completely bats*** crazy on me.

Maybe a miniature RF keyboard might be a better fit for your usage?
Examples: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=android keyboard rf

I had better put down my half full glass of wine and type with both hands..... :D

Other than the first few hours of getting used to the A3 remote pointing motions ( I had never owned an air mouse before), I have had absolutely no problems with the A3 remote. Maybe I am immune to A3 problems or just wearing rose colored glasses, but I have not experienced any of the plethora of satellite issues that you are having. When it rains, it pours! :rain

Reactions: Dee_Ann
I love the air mouse on the remote, works great. Just touching the remote "touch" buttons isn't going to make the dishes take off, something funny is going on there Dee.

I'm thinking it's maybe I have static electricity in me or something because the thing is ultra-ultra sensitive. Like the arrow ring on it that you can use to scroll by running your finger around it.
If I only want to press the arrows, too bad for me. Just getting my finger near it and it starts scrolling all over the screen and selecting things so that I have to constantly use the back button to go back and fix what it's decided to do on it's own.

Now I'm not talking about the 'air mouse' part of it. That part works OK I suppose. It doesn't go crazy on it's own but personally I find it clumsy to use. But I'm old and arthritic and to use the air mouse I have to hold it with two hands so I have more stable movements with it. It may be a good idea for these new century kids. But old ladies, not so much.

Anyway, the air mouse doesn't cause me grief. It's the touch controls that are giving me grief. They are just far too sensitive. It would be really, really, really awesome if there were some way to adjust the sensitivity to being touched AND an option to switch that feature off for those times when it's really causing massive grief. I honestly do not like this feature. At all. But I'm a grumpy old lady that doesn't get along too well with the modern world. So there's that.

But yeah, I think I really need to look at getting a wireless keyboard.

The one I've been looking at is this,
Amazon product ASIN B00KNNIE5W
It's closer to a traditional keyboard and is not too much different in size from my Mac wireless keyboard. I wouldn't mind having a Mac keyboard and Mac trackpad (what I use all day, every day) but they are bluetooth (poor range) and the trackpad is physically separate from the keyboard. So much for that.

I have one of these for my home theater pc but it's just too small and I don't care for it a lot.
Amazon product ASIN B003UE52ME
I find it difficult to operate, I have long fingernails and it's hard to type on such a tiny thing with fingernails.
I think the Flylink keyboard would be the best option for me.

Actually, I think the first one seems a bit sketchy so I found this one which has thousands of positive reviews. It's also pretty much traditional size. I think this is the one I want.

Amazon product ASIN B005DKZTMG
In reading the reviews on the last keyboard (I just ordered one) it does work great with android devices. The trick though is that you have to pair the keyboard to the dongle on either a Mac or a windows computer. After that you just move it to the android device and you're good to go.
The pairing software does not run on android at all but you get around that with the above method.
It gets rave reviews from pretty much everyone so I just had to go with it.
Thank goodness the remote control silliness will be behind me soon.. :D

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's maybe I have static electricity in me or something because the thing is ultra-ultra sensitive.
Take off the Tin Foil Hat!

Sorry Dee just had to say it. :D

The K40 keyboard is GREAT! I use one for my LG 3D tv set. It has an on/off switch, so the batteries last forever. It has a little usb receiver dongle that you have to plug into the device you want to control.

I would buy more of them in a heartbeat, if I needed another one.

My remote does the same thing, but it happens after I make a selection whether it be changing the channel or selecting an application but once I finish doing what I want to do it starts doing things on its own if you listen you'll hear some clicking inside the remote control at least that's what mine does and I thought I was the only one

The scroll wheel triggers when I'm using the arrow keys once in a while, but it's not too bad. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't there though because I've found it to be just about useless! On high sensitivity settings it scrolls too fast to be useful, and on low sensitivity settings it scrolls too slow to be useful. In either case I can get things done a lot faster with just the arrow keys.

Thank goodness for once it's not just me !!

:computerwindow

Oh yes, and the noise, I guess it's some faux electronic clicking feedback thingie but yeah, mine does that too.

As for it doing things on it's own, it has been changing channels (and consequently moving the dishes) around randomly too.

I assume that's just part of the touch controls having a mind of it's own.

( I had to disable the fake channel I had made for tipping the dish all the way over to work on it because it kept changing to that fake channel and there we go, dish all the way over. I just edited that fake satellite position and told it there's no motor. I'll just have to keep it off until I need to work on it again. Hopefully that won't be until I take it apart in a few weeks for moving.)

I guess that I should feel lucky and blessed to have the perfect digits for controlling a well behaved and trained remote. :D

All kidding aside... This remote runs circles around any other remote that I have ever used on a STB. It is responsive, RF through walls, integrated microphone and earphone jack ads are plain useful and cool! I prefer the arrow keys for navigation and occasionally use the touch function. Haven't noticed the touch feature activating on its own. Never have had the A3 randomly change satellites or channels. That is odd behavior and there must be something else at play.

To show channel service information, press the Information key then the Red key (PID Info)

I guess that I should feel lucky and blessed to have the perfect digits for controlling a well behaved and trained remote. :D

All kidding aside... This remote runs circles around any other remote that I have ever used on a STB. It is responsive, RF through walls, integrated microphone and earphone jack ads are plain useful and cool! I prefer the arrow keys for navigation and occasionally use the touch function. Haven't noticed the touch feature activating on its own. Never have had the A3 randomly change satellites or channels. That is odd behavior and there must be something else at play.

To show channel service information, press the Information key then the Red key (PID Info)

Yeah I agree the remote is super but like I said for me if I make any selection be it an application, satellite selection or just using the browser remote control will make its own selections after I make my selections if I don't touch it the doesn't do anything it's only when I initiate an action. So if your remote control doesn't do this that means we have defective remote controls since I brought mine from you is there a way to get a replacement remote?

Doubt that we are talking about defective hardware. I think that it comes down to where you rest or how quickly withdraw your fingers. I can replicate the "defect" if I don't quickly move my fingers away from the touch control after activating or rest my fingers near it.

You might adjust the mouse speed setting. See if the "automatic" selection happens if you select then withdraw your digits.

If you believe that any item is defective, send it in and we will test and definitely replace if defective. :D

Doubt that we are talking about defective hardware. I think that it comes down to where you rest or how quickly withdraw your fingers. I can replicate the "defect" if I don't quickly move my fingers away from the touch control after activating or rest my fingers near it.

You might adjust the mouse speed setting. See if the "automatic" selection happens if you select then withdraw your digits.

If you believe that any item is defective, send it in and we will test and definitely replace if defective. :D

So if I follow your saying I can't remove my fingers after I've made my selection or I have to remove my fingers slowly? Sounds like a lot of trouble for something that shouldn't be. Anyway do i need to send in the whole kit and kaboodle or just the remote?

Okay, I'll give it a shot and let you know what happens but I think you should know I've been on this planet a long time with lots of equipment and since I'm lazy most of them had remote controls

Reactions: Titanium

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts