AMIKO Amiko A3 Owners Thread

PT xx just indicates that the uplinker of the transponder does not have a service name assigned in the tables. They could easily type in a service name when they assign the PIDs, but don't. Uplinkers often don't care about much about propagating correct information that us folks at home might like. Such as correct time, false encryption flags, default screen resolution flags and the one item that I see frequently missing the PCR (for AV sync)!

The A3 uses a placeholder name to log the service. Other receivers have used placeholder names such as CH xx, TV xx, Svc xx, etc.

Reactions: KE4EST
Correct the same thing that all receivers do if the uplinker does not provide a name. This has nothing to do with EPG.

Correct the same thing that all receivers do if the uplinker does not provide a name. This has nothing to do with EPG.

Oh, I knew it has nothing to do with the EPG, I just mentioned that along with the fact I upgraded to the latest firmware, so you'd know what I had to make it easier to be on common ground for any answers. I just wasn't sure if we ALL were still getting the "PT" bit on certain channels, or not. I haven't been using my A3's fta features very often as of yet, I was waiting for 2.0.72 before upgrading.

So basically, it looks like we are all in the same boat, and I'll have to do the manual name changes as needed for those channels.

Yes just like we have to do with any other receiver. :)

Strange they use PT instead of TP (TransPonder?) or TPS (TransPonderStream) with a number for which stream comes up first. No matter though really, we all know it is just an unlabeled stream. I try to label all the consistant ones that come up, and as Ti says you don't need to use a PID of "zero" in the A3 to save your label from being over-written during scans.
A3 has a nice fast blind scan, catches most signals first go.

Google Play store says the device is not supported for that version - Isn't that why its in the F-Droid store - also version 3.8.0.
Can you search in Netflix? What version are you running?

I have updated to 2.0.73 and it says that Netflix 3.8.0 is the newest in F-Droid, but then went to the PlayStore and it allowed me to update to the current version. I'm also happy that it updated Firefox which was also really old and actually vulnerable. Thanks Brian!

Reactions: Titanium
Is there a page in the A3 GUI that shows TP specs such as FEC, modulation type, pilot on/off? All I see is DVB-S or DVB-S2, frequency, polarity, and symbol rate.
Also have not figured out how to aquire this data remotely (through network etc).

Yep you have to push the Information key twice, then the red key. Gives all the video and audio information; PID's etc.
Looking for modulation properties though, FEC, psk mode, pilot on/off, doesn't show this information on that particular screen.
Really with this receiver there is no requirment to input that information, it scans for it automatically. For reporting new feeds etc the rest of the data would be nice to have.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Knock it off guys, this isn't a free speech zone, do not escalate that stuff in this thread. Pacificrim, I suggest you take it to the Podium if you feel the need.

Now, back to talking about the A3.

Additionally, the A3 showed a record light on the front of the box 1hr and 15 after it should have stopped. I pressed the record button on the remote - Do you want to stop recording? Yes. Error: recording is more than 12 hours. Did not stop.
After 3 times I pulled the power. There is no sign of a recording in the list.

The 7:57 recording was from the 8th, not the 9th. I checked the timers list and it only shows a move event at 5:59am and a 1hr recording at 6:00am. Is there an events log to show what its doing?